Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 14:48:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

CAA - Drone & Model Aircraft Education & Registration service

Started by ched, Thursday,August 08, 2019, 17:06:29

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Has anyone else had an 'invite' to participate in a beta test for the stupid October registration scheme? To participate you have to sign an NDA!!!

Here is the main content copied from the email:
The process for the trial will run as follows:

We will ask you to sign the attached non-disclosure form stating you won't publicise any of the unreleased info about the service
This is as we are still likely to make lots of changes before October 1st – and want to make sure that there isn't any conflicting information about the service in the public
If you are keen please sign it and send this back to me via email (scanned/photo copy is fine)
We will then give you access to the service- you will be able to go through and undertake registration in your own time
We will then ask you to provide feedback using an online form
If possible, we would also be keen for a follow up call or face to face meeting to chat through your thoughts on the service

This is still just a trial of the service- so whilst it will appear like a real service it won't take any real payment, and won't give out any real ideas.

I'm not intending flying anything over 250gms so I'm not going to participate and give them my details.

At least they are conducting trials of the system without it being at their premises. Hopefully it will be a workable system that gives clear meaning to all the necessary stuff.
I can't see it changing anything in reality, criminals and stupid people do what they do irrespective of the law.
I try :-)

Bad Raven

Two-Six

I won't be registering this year.  I really hope that hardly anybody signs up. 
Even better if nobody does. This scheme is stupid with knobs on. 
The cost is ridiculous and it will become too expensive for them to implement if hardly anybody signs up for it.

Get commercial people to sigh up who have big heavy multi-rotor platforms but NOT everybody with a RC model anything.

Honestly I hope people stand up to this nonsense.

A NDA!.  Sod that!

"Yes its OK to sue my pants off"
Signed....Mr Stupid 
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

CornishMule

Quote from: Two-Six on Saturday,August 10, 2019, 00:26:02 I won't be registering this year.  I really hope that hardly anybody signs up. 
Even better if nobody does. This scheme is stupid with knobs on. 
The cost is ridiculous and it will become too expensive for them to implement if hardly anybody signs up for it.

Get commercial people to sigh up who have big heavy multi-rotor platforms but NOT everybody with a RC model anything.

Honestly I hope people stand up to this nonsense.

A NDA!.  Sod that!

"Yes its OK to sue my pants off"
Signed....Mr Stupid 

Surely it's better to have a [probably quiet] voice during the refinement of the [albeit frustrating] registration process than to allow people without any interest in the hobby make up the rules as they go along? Good cooks taste their food as they're cooking rather than waiting for the diner to start eating it ...
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g[/url]
[url="https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/"]https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/[/url]

shawdreamer

said it before, Ill say it again............. Im not putting my name on a list that'll essentially be used to target genuine careful legit hobbyists every time some nobba in my general area who hasnt registered does something stupid with his Dji he just bought at Argos.

IF anything good is to come from this scheme then it might help to make it compulsory registration for customers purchasing RTF kits.... garantee the amount of nob'ed phantom vids posted on youtube showing dicks flying their frames round busy streets and buildings will drop dramatically.
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

As there appears to be fresh discussions likely, the BMFA advice is currently NOT to sign up/pay money/do anything to authenticate their actions.

hoverfly

Extract from B.M.F.A. news letter.

However, what I can confirm already is that those who only fly control line aircraft will be exempted from the DRES requirements and I can also confirm that registration numbers can be carried in an easily accessible location (such as within battery compartments) rather than on the exterior of model aircraft.

Displaying stunning comprehension of the different methods of model flight.  Well they really worked hard to get that exemption. :shrug:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

ched

Quote from: hoverfly on Saturday,September 14, 2019, 13:36:33 Extract from B.M.F.A. news letter.

However, what I can confirm already is that those who only fly control line aircraft will be exempted from the DRES requirements and I can also confirm that registration numbers can be carried in an easily accessible location (such as within battery compartments) rather than on the exterior of model aircraft.

Displaying stunning comprehension of the different methods of model flight.  Well they really worked hard to get that exemption. :shrug:

As much as I feel BMFA tried throwing multi rotors under the bus I think it backfired.
OK so now a new minister is in charge they have lobbied and managed to get a discussion going. So well done to them, at least they are trying.
Hopefully they now realise that they should be treating all their members equally and trying to get the best deal for everyone.
I try :-)