Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 12:47:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Beware Seagulls!!!!! - Off topic

Started by ched, Wednesday,July 17, 2019, 15:56:26

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

Arrived at work today to find a young seagull in front of building hiding under a bench. It looked like it had broken it's wing.
Called RSPCA and after about 1 hr they arrived. The lady put on some massive gauntletts and grabbed the seagull. Then it began to squawk, she only had to carry it about 30ft but all of a sudden the sky was filled with seagulls all squawking and dive bombing us both!!

It was quite surprising as I didn't realise seagulls would protect each other!!

Lady said that it was about the 30th! seagull she had 'rescued' this week!!!! She said that they fall of roofs!!!!
Anyway hopefully it's on the mend and will be flying again soon.
I try :-)

Andy7

ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

ched

I try :-)

shawdreamer

"falling off roof's"

Ill give it a week and the daily mails headline will be....

"wildlife is being systematically targeted by drone users" :rolleyes:

that reminded me though, in the last week a whole bunch of parakeets have moved into the wooded area's that surround were I live, twas all lovely and tropical feeling until they started having non-stop arguements with the local pidgeon populace
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched999uk on Wednesday,July 17, 2019, 17:17:39 Luckily their 'bombing' aim isn't great  :frantic:  :frantic:  :sweating:  :laugh:

Used to have a Bungalow on the wilds of Romney Marsh. As we were not there all the time, and when we were there the garage was filled with a windsurf board loaded trailer, the car (a red MX6 at the time) sat out.

The local seagulls chasing each other for food used to hurtle round the corner at low level, find the car in their path, and the strain on their anatomy climbing up suddenly released the contents of their stomach all over the car. I had to remember to NEVER leave the boot open!

SO, I have to disagree, under the right conditions their bombing aim is far too bloody perfect.  :angry:  :o   :D

Bad Raven

Quote from: shawdreamer on Wednesday,July 17, 2019, 17:23:35 in the last week a whole bunch of parakeets have moved into the wooded area's that surround were I live, twas all lovely and tropical feeling until they started having non-stop arguements with the local pidgeon populace

Ah, that's where they are infiltrating! Wait till the Magpies start!!

Green (Pink Neck Ring on males) Nepalese parakeets I suppose, damn things are not tropical, they LIKE the colder climate, England is tropical to them.  They have happily reduced in Kent from the major swarms we once had, mainly as a council down here sealed off a major roost of thousands in a disused factory and gassed them.

It was said they were an animal rights release from a testing laboratory.

Currently only have one visiting the feeders.

shawdreamer

there's always been a couple of dozen at the local town hall grounds but until recent they seemed happy to just stay there were you could "visit", show the kids, then soddin leave..........

seems like a splinter group suddenly up sticks and decided my area was far more fun to be about, local council says its something to do with the fact that when my area was first developed for housing the landscapers planted one of every possible type of tree that could live in our climate (regardless of what country it came from) in one small 1mile square park nearby and the parakeets apparently are having a field day eating figs, olives, plums, crab apples and anything else they can get their rosy beaks around.

My area is pretty much as green belt as you can get without being outright bumpkin territory so it aint wierd to see anything from magpies, seagulls, ducks, geese (and given the very close by marina and canals it aint unusual to walk out first thing and find the occassional feck off huge heron or swan sat on your front garden fence with a "got any fish" look on its mush.
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Herons, don't mention, wife loves them, we have a large (and admittedly very good) artwork of one in our lounge, a large brass casting with reeds in the hall, and reflective pictures up the stairs!!

Local park (with lake) has a colony on a tree'd island, though in recent years they have faced increasing competition from Cormorants, which seem to have given up on the sea. Never ever seen them fish though!

Currently we do not get seagulls at home, a few around main flying field, but the Buzzards and Red Kites probably limit their enthusiasm.

One particular plane always seems to gain the attention of one Red Kite and it comes to play "follow me". The plane looks nothing like a bird and is not bird coloured, and it does not attack, only shadows in circuits while totally ignoring others planes, why this one? Go figure.  The various Hawks (regularly five species) never attack planes, even when breeding, we are just part of the landscape and as we chase Crows and Wood and feral Pigeons, are likely seen as a "good thing".

The rare seagull sightings at the field do tend to pay attention to planes but no attacks to speak of.

Many of the local parks, harbours, etc at our stretch of the South Coast have erected signs not to feed bread, or to feed seagulls at all.

Zwalalce