Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 05:11:43

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 9
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Babyhawk Betaflight File

Started by controlz, Wednesday,July 03, 2019, 21:25:56

Previous topic - Next topic

controlz

I plugged in my brand new Babyhawk R 3" into Betaflight and accidentally clicked "Reset Settings"! I assumed this would put it back to its default setting as it came in the box, but it seems to have reset everything, including modes.

Does anybody know where I could download the default betaflight configuration file from please?

(I have a JSON backup of the default Tinyhawk configuration, but do not know if that's suitable)

ched

Have a search on rcgroups as usually someone has posted a cli 'dump' or 'diff' file. You need o use the same BetaFlight version as the file.
If not ask on the thread dedicated to the BabyHawk on rcgroups and ask nicely.

If you can't find a backup then try looking at AndyRC or Josh Bardwell youtube and there should be some setup guides for betaflight.

Once you have it all working take a backup by using the cli and using 'diff all' and save it to a text file.
I try :-)

controlz

Thank you.

Whilst waiting for this, I have tried binding it to my Taranis by coping the Tinyhawk Profile and renaming it Babyhawk, but after trying to bind, the Taranis says "ID used in Tinyhawk".  Am I doing something wrong?

ched

Quote from: controlz on Wednesday,July 03, 2019, 22:05:54 Thank you.

Whilst waiting for this, I have tried binding it to my Taranis by coping the Tinyhawk Profile and renaming it Babyhawk, but after trying to bind, the Taranis says "ID used in Tinyhawk".  Am I doing something wrong?
Sounds weird. I assume the file you copied was a BetaFlight dump and it's the same BF version? Binding shouldn't be needed. Normally you bind a tx to a rx once and that's it. Not that I am very familiar with Frsky but binding is normally needed just once. You have selected the correct model on the Taranis?

Might be worth a new thread entitled 'Frsky Binding issue' as it might get the attention of people who know about Frsky.

controlz

I'll create a new post - thanks!

Somebody at RCGroups kindly directed me to this CLI file , but when I uploaded it into Betaflight I have noticed is different to the original configuration  which had angle/horizon modes as standard, and PIDs that match the configuration file in this video

1. Is there a reason the default configuration is different to what is in this CLI file, or is it a different model?

2. I noticed the top of the hawk is getting extremely hot, when just plugged into the battery, is this normal?

3. I managed to bind the remote and the controls are all correct. I don't have the props attached but noticed that as i increase throttle and let go, the speed of the motors continues to increase slowly - it is extremely strange.  I have double checked the throttle on betaflight and it is all configured correctly.

ched

Quote from: controlz on Wednesday,July 03, 2019, 23:28:41 I'll create a new post - thanks!

Somebody at RCGroups kindly directed me to this CLI file , but when I uploaded it into Betaflight I have noticed is different to the original configuration  which had angle/horizon modes as standard, and PIDs that match the configuration file in this video

1. Is there a reason the default configuration is different to what is in this CLI file, or is it a different model?

2. I noticed the top of the hawk is getting extremely hot, when just plugged into the battery, is this normal?

3. I managed to bind the remote and the controls are all correct. I don't have the props attached but noticed that as i increase throttle and let go, the speed of the motors continues to increase slowly - it is extremely strange.  I have double checked the throttle on betaflight and it is all configured correctly.

1. I would guess and it is a guess that one is a newer version of the config although there is now a BabyHawk 'S' I think. So maybe it's just different versions?

2. It's probably the vtx as this does generate quite a bit of heat. It's usually cooled by the air coming off the props. Never power up the quad without the vtx antenna otherwise it will destroy it's self!

3. Depending what mode it's in it might just be trying to level it'self or it is just trying to get in the position you last commanded and as the props are not on (NEVER have quad on bench with props on) it cant achieve what it is trying to do so it increases rpm trying to get to the set point. I would say it's normal but double check your pids (including that they are for the correct version of BF as in BF 4 PIDS changed BIG TIME). Also double check your failsafe - when you switch off your transmitter the props stop within a sec or so.

Bad Raven

Firstly, if you are still in difficulties for a standard BabyHawk-R Betaflight CLI dump I should be able to do one Sunday evening when it and I are in the same place, PM me Sunday around noon if needed.

Secondly, I cannot see either of your links, the first one is not a clean link of a page, starting off "http://"http://"https://emax-usa.com/babyh....etc)

ched

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,July 04, 2019, 18:04:46 Firstly, if you are still in difficulties for a standard BabyHawk-R Betaflight CLI dump I should be able to do one Sunday evening when it and I are in the same place, PM me Sunday around noon if needed.

Secondly, I cannot see either of your links, the first one is not a clean link of a page, starting off "http://"http://"https://emax-usa.com/babyh....etc)
I think the link leads to this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N8ch6utmFMNdfh6VSyUN8VSrY0rSKoal/view

I think it should be https://emax-usa.com/babyhawk-r-race-r-edition-136mm-3inch-avan-mini-f3-magnum-mini-5-8g-fpv-racing-rc-drone-3s-4s-pnp.html

controlz

Thanks for correcting the links.

I am going to need to downgrade my firmware from 3.4.0 to 3.2.3 in order to use the CLI dumps I am being provided with. It's strange that mine shows 3.4.0 as nobody I have spoken to believes there's CLI for that firmware since Emaxx ship with 3.2.3 by default.

I am using BF configurator 10.5.1 however I cannot see the STM32F303 board within the flasher. Please could you let me know how I go about finding the correct firmware (3.2.3) and flashing? Thanks

ched

If you have a clidump normally within the first few lines it says what the target board is called. It should be something with f3 or f4 in it. That is the firmware you need. I think stm32 is the usb communication chipbut I could be wrong there.

Bad Raven

The target is Omnibus.

# version
# Betaflight / OMNIBUS (OMNI) 3.2.3 Dec 11 2017 / 07:56:17 (cb962eda1) MSP API: 1.36

controlz

Quote from: Bad Raven on Sunday,July 07, 2019, 16:31:56 The target is Omnibus.

# version
# Betaflight / OMNIBUS (OMNI) 3.2.3 Dec 11 2017 / 07:56:17 (cb962eda1) MSP API: 1.36

Is this definitely for the 3" and not the 2.5"?  The CLI dump on the Emaxx website has the name "Babyhawk R 3" whilst yours doesn't have '3' in the name?

Also, as per the attached image I can't find 3.2.3 in the downloads.

controlz

Following on from my last post, I found the betaflight_3.2.3_OMNIBUS.hex file online so I donwloaded it, loaded it locally and clicked "flash firmware" but nothing happened for several minutes. I then unplugged the quad, and when plugging it back in I no longer have any options in Betaflight other than Firmware Flasher. I have since attempted to load the 3.2.3 firmware again but it says "Communication with bootloader failed" when I select flash firmware.

I realise I have made a total pig's ear out of this but hope somebody can guide me to resolving it.. Thank you.

ched

I think this is the official 3.2.3 repository https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/releases/tag/v3.2.3

As for flashing have a read here: https://oscarliang.com/cannot-connect-to-naze32-brick-fix/

Make 100% sure the FW is for the Flight Controller you have there are a few versions of the Omnibus!!!

Hope that helps.

controlz

I finally managed to flash my OMNIBUS with 3.2.3 however there are a few different CLI's floating around. From the attached images, which of the 3 PID profiles is best for a beginner?

What is strange is my Profile 3 seems to match Profile 1 of videos on Youtube from stock dump...

ched

Well done for getting it flashed.
PIDs don't really effect a beginner too much these days. It has taken me over a year to really notice prop wash oscillation so the odd wobble from a slightly off pid wont matter.
One thing that will matter is the rates!!!! RC Rate, RC Expo, and Super Rate effect how responsive the quad is to stick movements.

The RC Rate defines how much control input is passed through to the flight controller for a given amount of movement on the stick.  It defaults to 1.00, which means it's a "full" rate, if you move your stick to the full extent, then the quad get's the full possible movement.

RC Expo is a method of making the stick movements around the centre less sensitive and the extremes of the stick more sensitive.

The super rate value is easily mistaken for expo at first glance, as it too works on a expo-like curve, but it's a bit of a mash up of both expo and RC rates.  The more it is increased, the more overall impact your stick movement has – but you'll still be able to make the small movements you need around the centre stick.  The default Super Rate value in Betaflight is 0.70

The above is from BetaFlight Rates

There are some example rates at the bottom of the page that might help.

Rates are a personal thing, I never really understood that till recently. I just wanted a typical starter rate! So Curry Kitten's Gentle rates might be a good starting point.
I played with rates in Velocidrone to 'feel' the effects and settled on a rate that gives me a 180 roll or flip if I bang the stick to the extreme and let go!!!