Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 13:27:34

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Poor Video Image

Started by Bad Raven, Tuesday,June 18, 2019, 08:44:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

I and a small group fly regularly at a Sport Hall location that shows up more than anywhere else issues with my and others Video Reception. Quads used are 65mm up to 90mm.

In a test yesterday, it affected my and another two EV100 goggles, and TWO differing Headsets with differing make receivers. And five differing quads inc an E011 and a BetaFPV Brushless, so it is not specific to Quad/Camera/VTX either.

The building is steel frame, alloy sheet roof, block walled. Lit by normal flourescents.

Nothing else special emissions wise known, just several 2.4GHz Tx on and maybe another FPV.

Effect is extremely short duration rainbow flashing, flicker, and on a couple of cameras also inconstant contrast where it flickers, near whites out, then recovers.

SO, Not in isolation Camera, VTX, or VRX, as affects many differing combinations.

Neither is it frequency, as several used in and out of UK band to same effect.  Band Scanner (ROTG02) shows clear band.

This is a video grab "frozen" during a flash. Click on it for bigger image.

It's driving us mad now, and sadly a couple in the group who only fly at that location having been very keen are in process of giving up on FPV due to the poor vision.

Any ideas on how to overcome, bearing in mind these are micro quads and so can only carry micro gear?

atomiclama

First though and that is before I've had a coffee and woken up.

Camera auto white balance getting confused and adjusting, is it on? can you fix it to florescent?

Right  :sleep:

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

ched

Just throwing a couple of thoughts out.
Have they changed any of the fluorescent tubes to newer LED ones as they will have different frequency?
Any changes to warm or cool white tubes?

Can you replicate the issue on same quad pointing at same area or is it totally random?

Seems very strange that something is having an effect no matter what camera, vtx, goggles etc. 
I try :-)

Bad Raven

It has not got worse, it is just our tolerance of it has got less!  :evil:

Next week I'll try without the lighting at all!

Many of the quads are without camera sophistication like white balance!  Things like the Tiny 6/7, Inductrix FPV/FPV Plus, etc.

Its random but pretty evident all the time, remember the static picture paints a false impression it is ON all the time, it is flicker with this rainbow effect accompanying it.

I'll post a little video.

Bad Raven

OK, here are two video clips.

NO hardware is shared between the two, quads are different, different type FC, different type Camera/VTX, different VRX and different DVR.  One is brushed, the other brushless.  I allowed them to hit floor a few times to eliminate any link to a loose connection.

ched

Interesting.
It looks a bit like the rainbow effect some people get with home cinema LCD DLP projectors!
That is caused by the colour wheel not spinning fast enough for some peoples eye sight. So it's caused by frequency and high contrast.

The issues you are showing are on low brightness areas. It's nothing to do with ntsc/pal is it, actually I guess you have looked at that?

I know my ev100 will automatically select ntsc for the dvr if I power the goggles on before the quad (quad set to pal). So I have to power quad up first then power on goggles as otherwise the recordings are ntsc resolution and I miss some of the osd.

Not sure that's any help at all but never really seen anything like it.

I try :-)