Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 11:57:53

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Soilsearcher

Started by gash, Thursday,June 06, 2019, 14:23:26

Previous topic - Next topic

gash

Hi all,
 As well as the many years I have been flying one of my other major past times is Metal Detecting. I know it may not be for everyone and yes it can be a bit "nerdy", but if you do have an interest, then come and look at my forum. Anyone is welcome, the main function is to make people aware of the history around us and the legalities that surround it, if you already endulge in the art of detector swinging, then please come along and say hello, plus dont forget the most important .... show us your finds, you know you want to.   ~~

www.soilsearcher.com
[url="//www.rcheliworx.com"]www.rcheliworx.com[/url]
[url="//www.soilsearcher.com"]www.soilsearcher.com[/url]

DJI Phantom 3 Pro
TBS Discovery - APM
450 Flame wheel
Trex 600 E
Protos 500
Trex 450 x2
plus various nitro and coax heli's just gathering dust

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

hoverfly

Nerds are ok, you just have to make sure you cook them properly.... :whistling:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Bad Raven

Frankly, Metal Detecting people and me & my circle of club mates are through events NOT friends.

My personal experience consists of several arguments with pillocks (differing pillocks) trespassing without permission on closed off and notice posted private land we pay a lot of money for, them insisting on sweeping the approach or take off paths from our landing strip and refusing to be remotely sensible, always starting with very polite requests to clear the area so a plane can land and always ignored all the way through to shouting matches and fights.

On one of our club days, faced with an expensive near out of fuel 1000 hour in the build plus scale plane desperately needing to land and a cretin refusing to move so the pilot could, a club member finally flipped, grabbed his damn wand and threw it as far as he could out the way into tall crop.

One total imbecile on one occasion stood there and shouted "Well, where am I supposed to go then?"

The obvious response from "those wot do" is that "there are always a very few". Well if so, why has ALL our experience been ONLY of totally selfish people with no respect or any willingness towards minimal accommodation for others?

I very much doubt a website will do any good, but good luck. I, and I suspect the 100 plus in my club, will not be visiting.

Gaza07

Wow I'm betting Gary (gash) wasnt expecting a reply quite like that  :laugh:
I think any hobby and more so one that needs access to land has its fair share of arse holes, those detectorists you met and argued with probably don't represent the whole of the hobby, same as the arse holes that act selfishly and recklessly in any hobby do not,
They have a set of rules / guidelines they should follow the same as most hobbies but chose to ignore them and act like total jerks,
I whish Gary the best of luck with his forum and hope he get a lot of dicktectorists detectorists join and build a great community  ~~  :beer2:

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,June 06, 2019, 17:51:56 Frankly, Metal Detecting people and me & my circle of club mates are through events NOT friends.

My personal experience consists of several arguments with pillocks (differing pillocks) trespassing without permission on closed off and notice posted private land we pay a lot of money for, them insisting on sweeping the approach or take off paths from our landing strip and refusing to be remotely sensible, always starting with very polite requests to clear the area so a plane can land and always ignored all the way through to shouting matches and fights.

On one of our club days, faced with an expensive near out of fuel 1000 hour in the build plus scale plane desperately needing to land and a cretin refusing to move so the pilot could, a club member finally flipped, grabbed his damn wand and threw it as far as he could out the way into tall crop.

One total imbecile on one occasion stood there and shouted "Well, where am I supposed to go then?"

The obvious response from "those wot do" is that "there are always a very few". Well if so, why has ALL our experience been ONLY of totally selfish people with no respect or any willingness towards minimal accommodation for others?

I very much doubt a website will do any good, but good luck. I, and I suspect the 100 plus in my club, will not be visiting.
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

gash

Well thats made me step back a bit, so sorry to hear about your bad experiences with Detectorists Bad Raven, I have been detecting for near on 30 years and the majority of people i know do follow the rules and regulations, as with flying (BMFA) we also have adjudicators governing what you can and cant do within the hobbie, unfortunately , yes i agree you get the prats who see that someone has found something valuable and thats it they are out to find the gold pot at the end of the rainbow, unfortunately it doesnt work like that.
I have run and been members of a few detecting clubs, each club will have its own F.L.O (Finds Location Officer), this is the person who decides what happens with the finds, basically the main rule is , if its more than 400 years old, above a certain valuable metal content, plus quantity of finds, these are automatically declared as treasuretrove and are admitted to the museums for examination and archiving.
These people who go out on peoples and public land with out the correct permission area a disgrace to the hobby, i agree, this is one of the reasons why i run the website, education of this minority, plus making the rest of the community aware of where this could be happenning, we can then try and stop it.
Every hobby has the rule breakers i.e the flying near airports ect, we all know that its the people that have just got a toy for xmas, not  the legislated fliers, it goes for other pastimes as well, it takes time to stop it happenning.
I have a code of conduct on my website which covers practically 99% of things you can and cant do, if the people who logon to the site dont comply to it then they will end up getting banned from everyones club digs, plus it is also a criminal offence to go metal detecting on private land without permission, its classed as "Going to steal with intent" most landowners are fully aware of this and will call the police if required.
I can totally understand where you and your club has its concerns, but unless the relevant landowner or authorities are informed, nothing will be done about it.
[url="//www.rcheliworx.com"]www.rcheliworx.com[/url]
[url="//www.soilsearcher.com"]www.soilsearcher.com[/url]

DJI Phantom 3 Pro
TBS Discovery - APM
450 Flame wheel
Trex 600 E
Protos 500
Trex 450 x2
plus various nitro and coax heli's just gathering dust

Bad Raven

Quote from: Gaza07 on Thursday,June 06, 2019, 19:58:23 Wow I'm betting Gary (gash) wasnt expecting a reply quite like that  :laugh:

Can only speak as we have suffered, and suffered we have!  :D

Everyone round here seems to think they have a god given right to intrude on anything so they can do whatever they feel like whenever they feel like, its not just the Metal Mickeys.

It isn't that long ago that one of our club members was chased up a shed on site by two aggressive dogs, after he was unprovoked attacked and one bit and ripped his trousers and grazed his leg. The (trespassing) owners (two women with children) just laughed at him. Police did not want to know.

If you were out for a walk, and saw planes taking off and landing on a defined clearly visible and identifiable strip with prominent warning notices (on private fenced land, remember), would you walk straight across it, stop on the live runway threshold and check your mobile, make a nice long call, etc, while you wait for one of your two unleashed large dogs to stop worrying the horses in the next field, as that is what a dog walker did a few weeks ago!!  :angry:

If we COULD get a sensible dialogue with local metal detection enthusiasts, we might of course find them useful, say if we have a model part fall off or lost after a crash, like a MOBIUS Camera, etc, but its not been possible as they have all without exception to date been complete assholes. No Viking treasure though so likely no interest!  :tongue:

Despite this, we always do initially approach politely, and yes we do know they have ears full of screeching noises and have no idea where they are!!  ;)