Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 18:52:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

What is the latest Pixhawk and...

Started by bunnygirl80, Tuesday,June 04, 2019, 01:31:19

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi all,

I've been a long standing member of the forum, but not posted for a while. So, firstly hello to everyone that I know and everyone that I don't!

I have a number of drones mostly flying A3, A2, Wookong and Naza. I'm now building a new drone and am interested in using a Pixhawk flight controller. I'll be the first to put my hand up and say I'm quite inexperienced with anything non DJI and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the latest Pixhawk kit and also if anyone had any recommendations or opinions of the performance (especially in comparison to the DJI FCs).

Thanks xxx
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

atomiclama

Sorry can't help as no experience with pixhawk.
Just curious though, why change if you have a lot of experience and from looking at your work, a lot of success with DJI stuff.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

hoverfly

Be careful when buying PX4 there are lots of them with components made from used dry ear wax, or worse.. :o

Edit.. Had an hour looking at the DIY Drones site, looks like it's much the same as 3 years ago when i last visited. Problems ,problems,problems, with lots of dick waving experts.
The hardware is STILL using DF13 connectors,FFS the are rubbish.
If you want to spend hours of farting around getting the settings right it's the way to go.
I lost count of the A/C i built with the A.P.M. it worked well until they revised the firmware to a point where it overloaded the processor. :shrug: Then the problems with the Mission planner, they removed facilities with out telling anybody, so you could spend days looking for a fault only to discover a mode was no longer running. The sonar input was one i spent hours trying to sort only to find it had been removed.
For a very good quality F/C  try the Eagletree Vector it works well and is mission capable.
My next project is stuffing one into a 4mtr sailplane. Mr Visa permitting. :laugh:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

hoverfly

Quote from: atomiclama on Tuesday,June 04, 2019, 14:57:12 Bum scratchings  :hmm: 

Never met him , where does he live?
For the ultimate you can't beat sticky ratty poo.

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Gaza07

Hi Stef long time no see, we are still using the logo's you designed for us :D
I think I agree with Atomiclama why change what you already use if it works so well, I think the PixHawk is a good product but more so for people who want to tinker with open source, I havent touched mine in a few years so wouldnt know what the latest developments are here's the web site lots of info there http://pixhawk.org/  ~~

Feel free to share some pics of your current multi-rotor's
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

bunnygirl80

Hi Gary, Oh, bloody hell. Can't believe I didn't reply to your message. Oh, well - better late than never and glad to see that you're still using the logos.  :D I'll post some photos of some of our drones. xxx
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

bunnygirl80

bunnygirl80

Each photo tells a story... you can see the new logo and also a new drone we built for last year - the raptor. the way this year is going, I might be tempted to build another. heres a photo of the raptor on an agatha christie set.