Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 10:19:51

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Eachine E016H

Started by Bad Raven, Sunday,May 12, 2019, 10:02:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Yet another 68mm "Tiny WHoop" quad?  All the same, aren't they!

Well, NO, this one is def NOT the same.

But it looks just a toy! 

NO, well, for a start, while writing this, it is hovering a metre away with the Tx on the table, been there for more than five minutes now. Yes, it really IS that stable!

Yet it has a turn of speed and is easily and accurately controlled.

It would take a while to list all the features they have packed into this little beast, but the most impressive is Altitude Hold. Add auto take off to hover, return to base, and it becomes IMO a must have.

I let others try it yesterday, and all were impressed. Two commented on its low latency control coupled with the stability, a rare combo!

It even has a size and shape and connector battery that is easily UK sourced, (Hubsan X4, etc)

NO it is not the next micro FPV race candidate as it comes, but for relaxed flying its near perfect.

I was so impressed I have immediately ordered another for stripping down to min weight with 3D print frame maybe and the addition of micro FPV.

Now I need to see if I can multi-module control it off my Horus.

Truly an excellent product, SOMEONE has been listening to people's wants and working hard.

Polleke1949

Very nice Bad Raven.  :smiley:
I want to build a fpv from this too.
Just wondering if I can use my Taranis X9D (with a module like????)
And what whoop tx and camera are thinking of?

Bad Raven

So Far I have not found a matching format in my multi-module, but it has not been updated since I bought it (Mine is an early one with 3D printed case). There may well be one in newer firmware.

On all my Micros I now use a King Kong Tiny 6/7 camera sold as a spare, low mounted between the front ducts, feeding video via either an Eachine VTX03 or VTX01. There is no real advantage in the 03 as the higher than 25mW outputs with tiny 1S are capacity killers.  I have four E011 with this set up. The E011 has 7mm motors and so carries load better than the usual 6mm, but I am hoping that a lightweight 3D print frame will allow the camera/vtx weight to be offset.

Small point on the E016H, Yaw on the fastest of the three rates shows up that it is a single action centre or full action, it is a bit "quick". I have found when not flipping and in race/cruise it is best in the second mode. 

Bad Raven

There IS a format for it in the newest Firmware for the Multi-Module, and you might think the latest iRange Pro with USB would be able to use load it right from box, but sadly the units are being sold with older firmware AND without the Bootloader program loaded, so you have to go through the non-USB port loading process the first time, and that is not simple.  Annoying, and as yet not had the time to do.

Having bought a second one, and fitted the FPV set up as below, it all works OK, with two "issues"

1. The yaw not being proportional is more evident in FPV. Perhaps the MM will give better control WHEN I manage to get it working!

2. It seems to have a greater propensity to the "sucks itself against objects and tips up" issue than most other micros.

Overall, for now at least, my E011 FPV conversions still fly the best.