Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,January 28, 2020, 01:50:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Rares Gosav:
17 Jan 2020 17:44:22
Hi guys and happy new year!!!
ched:
01 Jan 2020 00:12:50
Happy new year everyone, happy flying.  :beer2: :beer2:
Gaza07:
31 Dec 2019 17:06:13
Happy new year all hope 2020 is a cracking year for you  :beer2:
ched:
25 Dec 2019 00:00:49
Happy Christmas to everyone.
apollo7:
24 Dec 2019 13:50:56
Seasons greetings to all on this forum have a good one ;)
ched:
21 Dec 2019 17:58:42
Have a great time DB. Look forward your projects in 2020.  :beer2:
hoverfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:59:17
Have a good one D.B. ~~ :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
DarkButterfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:14:27
 :beer2:
DarkButterfly:
21 Dec 2019 16:13:44
Tbh I've been really busy, not had much time to fly anything and with conditions being crap, hopefully in the new year I'll have some new projects on the go, mostly to do with HAM radio, will certainly fly again soon. FTR I hate FB too   :D Merry Christmas
Gaza07:
21 Dec 2019 15:21:30
Merry Christmas  :beer2:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 197521
  • Total Topics: 19933
  • Online Today: 61
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Theme Changer





thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Software to configure Hubsan Drones

Started by steveo9007, Tuesday,May 07, 2019, 19:26:11

Previous topic - Next topic

steveo9007

Has anyone got a hubsan quad and if so is there any FC software to configure drone, is has STM32 bit chips on Fc board. I want to be able to configure it like versions of betaflight, but i know that won't do it.. :evil:
Hubsan H501SS x2, H123D x4 Jet
Tyro 99, Tero Q215mm, Taranis QX7S with R9M, Fatshark Dominator HD3 Goggles, Own built 5" Quad

Bad Raven

Which Hubsan quad, there are quite a few from micro to DJI lookalike.

If the X4, they work well (have five for the school club) and never felt the need to alter!!  :smiley:

steveo9007

Quote from: Bad Raven on Wednesday,May 08, 2019, 17:13:14 Which Hubsan quad, there are quite a few from micro to DJI lookalike.

If the X4, they work well (have five for the school club) and never felt the need to alter!!  :smiley:

Oh sorry should have put up, i got the H501SS, i can change settings using firmware flasher, as for the H123D X4 jet you can only change the pids, just wanting something thats a bit like Betaflight as i am more comfortable in that bit of software, the chinese don't do things very easy do they..;-)
Hubsan H501SS x2, H123D x4 Jet
Tyro 99, Tero Q215mm, Taranis QX7S with R9M, Fatshark Dominator HD3 Goggles, Own built 5" Quad

ched

Quote from: steveo9007 on Wednesday,May 08, 2019, 17:35:45 Oh sorry should have put up, i got the H501SS, i can change settings using firmware flasher, as for the H123D X4 jet you can only change the pids, just wanting something thats a bit like Betaflight as i am more comfortable in that bit of software, the chinese don't do things very easy do they..;-)
In my opinion Hubsan, like DJI try and make things as simple as possible so anyone can have a go.
Once you get into it and learn what you can do then you start to realise how restrictive Hubsan and DJI are :)
I think of them like Apple, they work very well to do exactly as the manufacturers intended but try and do something unusual and you hit a brick wall. :-)
Not knocking Apple, DJI or Hubsan as they all make very good products. I just like a little more control and cheaper prices :-)
I try :-)

steveo9007

Agree with you there Ched, good job I got my race quads
Hubsan H501SS x2, H123D x4 Jet
Tyro 99, Tero Q215mm, Taranis QX7S with R9M, Fatshark Dominator HD3 Goggles, Own built 5" Quad

Bad Raven

So, what in detail do you need to do that the std firmware does not allow?

steveo9007

Well for some things, i want to change the separate Compass and GPS for an all in one setup which isn't hubsan branded, i want to add a different camera maybe thinking of a gimble mounted one, play about with OSD settings, setting up modes, using my taranis as the receiver them are just some of the things i want to do. i know i can buy another quad but thought about tinkering with the hubsan drone to add none hubsan equipment to it instead of keeping with the stock items. If its a no go area as in what Ched commented about then i will just leave it at stock and sell it once i have finished building, but whilst it is at half way stage, i thought about modifying it a bit thats all.
Hubsan H501SS x2, H123D x4 Jet
Tyro 99, Tero Q215mm, Taranis QX7S with R9M, Fatshark Dominator HD3 Goggles, Own built 5" Quad

ched

Quote from: steveo9007 on Wednesday,May 08, 2019, 19:16:19 Well for some things, i want to change the separate Compass and GPS for an all in one setup which isn't hubsan branded, i want to add a different camera maybe thinking of a gimble mounted one, play about with OSD settings, setting up modes, using my taranis as the receiver them are just some of the things i want to do. i know i can buy another quad but thought about tinkering with the hubsan drone to add none hubsan equipment to it instead of keeping with the stock items. If its a no go area as in what Ched commented about then i will just leave it at stock and sell it once i have finished building, but whilst it is at half way stage, i thought about modifying it a bit thats all.
I think the Jumper 4in1 JR module works with Hubsan rx but you would have to check. That way you could use your FRSky to control the hubsan?
I try :-)