Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 17:20:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Brain fade with esc ?

Started by aburn09, Thursday,January 31, 2019, 08:32:46

Previous topic - Next topic

aburn09

Just a quick one as I'm sure its a simple answer but my brains not in grear at the moment.......If you watch the short video clip you will see all motors spin up together but when I shut the power off motors 1,2 and 4 keep spinning while motor 3 stops immediately ?
Motors 3 esc was just changed and I calibrated it in betaflight with the rest ie motor master slider full up  then plug in battery and listen for the motors to stop beeping then master switch down to set the esc's....... but as you see motor 3 I assume has a brake on ? I've never touched the programming of esc's apart from blhelisuite to reverse motors if needed at set up but I've never touched the braking side of it if i assume that's where i'd have to reprogram the esc ? so not sure why this one brake is on if that's what it is ?
These are littlebee 20amp esc's and I can't find a way to brake or unbrake them ? ......I was hoping someone could either suggest a way to unbrake motor 3 or brake motors 1,2 and 4 please ?
https://youtu.be/kQxBFOO9ngw

atomiclama

I think braking is not an option in BlHeli, it's always on.

As to why it's doing that  :shrug:

There is a tab in blheli suite that makes it easy to see the differences, maybe that will help.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Ern Stock

I think possibly the three older escs are blheli ,and the newer one is blheli_s.
The latter has braking always on .
Blheli_s was a large improvement in smoothness.

aburn09

Thanks Ern that could well be the case if so do you know if I can change it maybe through blheli suite so they all stop together ?

Ern Stock

You should be able to turn on active braking ( poss called ' damped light '?) for the three older blheli units in the blheli gui. 
Possibly different grades of active braking to choose from. 

I think it might be worth considering asking some Local / uk Suppliers if they have any old units to match your older ones ( ought to be about free ) or upgrade all units to blheli_s.
It was one of the few hyped must haves that I actually was impressed with. Genuine smoothness improvement.

Possibly the older units could be 'flashed' to blheli_s

I would be cautious having the mixed protocols as you may end up with ickiness like overheated motor. But equally I would be entertained to hear if all ok.

Active braking blew fpv cameras with voltage spikes until cams powered by regulated bec .

atomiclama

Think I have an old LB20 some where you can have for postage.
Let me have a look.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

atomiclama

Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

aburn09

Thanks Ern and atomiclama I think I have a older esc knocking about I'll try swapping it over and see if that's the cure otherwise I'll buy four of the same newer esc's which should also sort the problem  :notworthy: