Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 06:13:15

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Throttle Sensitivity

Started by Bad Raven, Sunday,January 27, 2019, 18:53:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

How on earth would PID adjustment make the throttle far too sensitive?   :banghead:

I have just altered the PID settings on a QX100 (DSM2 version) 8.5mm brushed motors to make it a little more active.

PID Roll, Pitch and Yaw rates on the PID screen were all I altered. (Betaflight)

Now the smallest throttle opening after arming has it heading for the roof.

Throttle bar visually works normally on the Betaflight receiver screen and on the motors screen, throttle bar works normally on the Tx Monitor (DX9), arming/disarming works. Fight the throttle sensitivity and roll/pitch/yaw seem to operate OK.

Its just gone super sensitive to throttle stick.  Throttle curve on Tx no help.

Never ceases to amaze what stunts FC's can pull.  No idea what to do now!

:shrug: :shrug:

shawdreamer

what mode are you taking off in?

if its some form of stabilized then you might find that the new pid settings youve opted for are making it hard for the fc to balance and stabilize the frame on initial lift and its suffering a sorta "knee jerk" reaction were it ramps up the motors to get level but I often find it over reacts on first lift.

I typically have my pid's tuned to the point of almost instability to get the best reaction speed from my frame and I often see the same initial lift trait your describing because of it.

theres three methods I use to counter it (disregarding the obvious "turn the pids back down" option)

1. punch out launch...literally zoom the launch (only thing is if somethings seriously wrong you'll usually find out far to late so its best to use this method only when you know your frames behaviour :laugh:)

2. take of without any stabilization (in other words rate/acro)

3. tune down your preferred stabilization response time ( make you stabilised mode more softer and less reactive so the fc doesnt feel the need to spaz-out straight away)
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Bad Raven

Thanks very much for thoughts.

Yes, Stabilised, yes, an element of ground bounce/rejection throttle kick!  It's still too sudden in acro, though not as bad, still not usable.

However, either way, the sensitivity is still there once in air so that knocks out thought one I think.

Then I suddenly realised that the bottom bar was showing CPU load at 100%  :o  WHAT??

Shut everything off, came back in, still the same.

Set gyro and PID loop frequency down (even though it was what it had run on previously when it was running well) and CPU static load now only 7%.  Shut down, back in and still 7%.

Then found it would not arm (switch). Nothing altered here, but tweaked throttle end points minimally and arming again.

Tried PID rates down, but too sloppy even with minimal reduction.

I think this FC is not liking the "black" high kV motors.  On the motors screen set up to show motor bars they stab up high almost immediately the throttle stick is moved the tiniest bit up. I don't remember it being that sensitive on Cleanflight though.

I was persisting as I don't have much left on DSM2 but have three DSM2 Tx, a 6i and two 7's, and its handy to have a quad for the better boys in the club to fly while I fly other quads on FrSky. I'm not letting them near my Horus as they WILL drop it!!

Feel like just throwing this FC in the bin!