Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 15:58:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 21
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

65mm Brushed Frames

Started by Bad Raven, Saturday,January 19, 2019, 20:22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

OK, here's a place to discuss the your 65mm 6mm brushed motor full ducted frame(s).

I have the following:

Inductrix
Eachine E010/JJRC H36
Eachine E010S
Eachine Small Pepper
Eachine QX65
KingKong Tiny6

Most of these are in multiple, with differing 6mm motors from std through MMW Extreme and Insane to Racerstar of various kV and through to the latest  "Unicorn".

I have tried a range of 3D printed frames but don't list them as IMO they all fall short of ideal, and some that come closest are not full duct.  Of all of these the Tiny6 frame is the best compromise of weight and strength.

What is your thinking on your favourite 65mm Tiny Whoop frame, and why?

mo_miah

My whoop journey started with the E010, then got the acrobee from newbeedrone, and now i have a Mobula7 (75mm brushless so doesn't actually count)

i have rebuilt my 65mm brushed whoops a few times as motors wear out of i break a frame doing something stupid like diving out the window onto the patio, i don't mind pushing my whoops as the repairs are cheap
i find the cockroach frame the best, they are all good IMO but the cockroach just that little bit better as it seems more durable and still light enough

Reman

I've got a couple of E010's. One with a beecore F3 and the other runs a tiny brushed F3 that you'd usually see in a carbon framed "820" quad and the smallest FlySky recever I could find. They both run the Chaoli CL-615 motors and TX01 AIO cam. They fly OK for what they are, But they're not exactly "Punchy".

I've also got an E011 (Minus it's silly lego man, But with a micro cmos FPV cam between the front ducts, An Eachine VTX01 and another Beecore F3). This has 716 motors rather than the 615's that the E010 come with. I'm still on the standard motors in that because I've not found any real reason to change them. Even with the FPV kit onboard it has a better climb rate than a non FPVed E010 !

To be honest though, None of these have got a look in since I built a brushless Whoop. It may run cells down a bit quicker, But it also has a nice extra lump of power to help me recovering after a low level flip (So less floor bouncing. :) ).
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

Yes, I like the E011 combination with a low profile Camera between the front ducts and separate VTX (Eachine VTX03). Punch out is perfectly adequate. I don't think much on any 65mm ducted on Acro, and if as is said all the top Tiny Whoop racers use Angle, so will I!!

I fly mine from a Horus with multi-module. This gives super smooth accurate control matching my most expensive equipment

The Bayang "bind every time differently" process was a pain till I found that I could leave the Horus on the OpenTX Model screen with the bind on power up line active. Every time I change a battery I just toggle that once and it binds in. Not been able to make a switch do that, E010, yes, E011, no.

I have a 3D printed Whoover made from an E011 mech and that is about the best combo of power and agility going, too, used from the Horus.

I have seen a "new" E011 being advertised (away from Banggood) which has a more conventional canopy, and apart from the christmas "tunes" one on offer to clear stocks, they appear to be OOS, maybe a precursor to the change. I just hope the mechanics are otherwise of similar ability.

Bad Raven