Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 14:17:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Yun-1 brushless gimbal

Started by mickyt, Thursday,May 02, 2013, 11:20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

mickyt

Hi guy';s well ive now had my brushless gimbal 4 days now and im about to stamp all over it lol :banghead: i have been trying to get the assistant software working to no avail.

Ive looked online on youtube even posted on facebook no solution, untill this morning when i sent a rather snotty email to Fpvmodel.com where i purchased it from, it turns out the software is only compatible with window';s Xp.

I have two pc';s none of which run Xp in their video they state new technology the brushless gimbal what they dont state is its only compatible with an old operating  system and there am i thinking these people move with the times  :rolleyes:
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.

Gav

gutted mate.  You don';t really want to buy an older 2nd hand laptop just to program your gimbal do you!  How irritating for you.  Perhaps you can get your money back with a bit of pestering and get an alexmos or something?  Or ask around till you find a win xp computer to use for a bit. I have an old tower pc I have as a back up with win xp on it, but Southampton is a bit of trek for you.

powerlord

dual boot ?

or just use something like virtualbox and make a VM with XP on it ?

I';m on a mac, but use the windows guis for stuff like the brushless gimbals, multiwii, megapirateng, etc. Just run XP under parallels.

Your free options on windows are virtualPC, and virtual box.

then you';ll need an XP CD to do a fresh install into the VM.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

mickyt

Hi Gav yeah im not too pleased i feel like ive brought something that comes with no intructions no info at all and not much in the way of back up your left to deal with it on your Jack jones so not impressed really.

Hi Powerlord thanks for the heads up im going to give the guy';s at fpvmodel a chance to try and redeem themselves first before i do anything if they dont then im going to have to find a way around it as you described but not being very computer literate it could test my patients also lol.
If someone throw's a stone at you throw a flower at them just remember to throw the pot with it.