Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 06:58:43

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Just lost my Syma X5C-1 Drone - Never fly in strong windy conditions

Started by ejolua27, Friday,December 14, 2018, 00:05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

ejolua27

Long story made short, I lost my Syma X5C-1 drone with a sudden gust of wind. This video sums it up pretty much.  :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vc4lNzsGcs

There as a lesson learned... You were warned...  :laugh:

shawdreamer

actually....
the lesson you really should be learning from this unfortunate mishap is...

DONT EXPECT A TOY TO HAVE THE SAME CAPABILITIES AS THE REAL THING

generally the Syma range of quadcopters is at best only outside flight capable on the most calm of weather days, any other times Id suggest leaving it in its box (if not permanently).

regardless of how Syma advertise their products they are undoubtedly "toys" and seriously lack the power to perform anything more than lift their own weight in zero winds, flying it outside at anytime imho is asking for it to go bye byes :shrug:
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Andy7

Well, don't give up. But DO practice, learn the capabilities of your machine. When I was flying LOS and it was windy, I'd fly with the wind coming TOWARDS me so that any gusts wouldn't take it further away - and also learn the "cut the throttle" reflex if things get sticky.

You wont be the only one to lose a drone in the next couple of weeks!  :whistling:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

shawdreamer

Quote from: Andy7 on Friday,December 14, 2018, 11:07:49
You wont be the only one to lose a drone in the next couple of weeks!  :whistling:

last year it nearly rained hubsan x4's as every kid dashed outside to fly their xmas presents only to realise that anything that small practically vanishes once it gets 15-20 foot away :rolleyes:

Ive already told 2 of my neighbours that I cant build their kids a quad like the ones I fly....they dont seem to understand that giving their kids a high speed remote controlled flying object weighing in at half a kilo and capable of upto 70mph and often equipped with spinning razor sharp carbon blades..... might be a bad idea :slap:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
[url="https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs"]https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs[/url]

Andy7

I'm almost dreading going out flyig over Christmas for being approached by people asking if I got mine for Christmas and where can they get theirs for their kids.
Saw a family out flying their Maplin drone last year... once.... never saw them fly again.  :shrug:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

shawdreamer

Quote from: Andy7 on Friday,December 14, 2018, 15:54:41
I'm almost dreading going out flyig over Christmas for being approached by people asking if I got mine for Christmas and where can they get theirs for their kids.
Saw a family out flying their Maplin drone last year... once.... never saw them fly again.  :shrug:

a while back in the street behind me a kid (couldnt have been older than 12-13) was flying a Dji Inspire..... AT HEAD HEIGHT..... STRAIGHT DOWN THE ROAD.... WITH A LARGE GROUP OF HIS FRIENDS RUNNING UPTO IT AND DUCKING UNDER..... AND TO CAP IT OFF, ONE OF ITS ARMS APPEARED TO BE HELD ON WITH BROWN PACKAGING TAPE!!!

feckin madness, some of these so-called parents need their head bashing :rolleyes:
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

ejolua27

All of these were funny, useful, interesting, and entertaining replies. I feel nothing more than gratitude for your comments as well as the creative ways in which all of you put thoughts together for me.

Will not forget  :notworthy:

mo_miah

Please follow the drone code. Don't fly within 150m of built up areas or within 50m of people or vehicles
Take baby steps. Don't just send your drone that high without knowing yours and your drone capabilities

Bad Raven

The rules and their implementation differ from country to country, but common sense does not.

YouTube is filled with video of people flying quads from their own house full acro at high speed close to neighbours cars, houses, through their gardens at low level, off a considerable distance down the road, round the block, etc, etc, etc.

It is no wonder that those who don't think about things that much and whose moral compass is on lock down see this and think this is acceptable behaviour.

And subsequently, no wonder that authorities now feel they have to try to do something.

And its not just multirotors. Why should I accept as satisfactory my property being pelted with firework parts (many still alight) and have my car damaged by quite heavy spent rockets? After a recent fireworks night I collected over 200 part melted plastic stubs from fireworks from my rear garden alone, including having to sweep my conservatory roof, with some heat PVC damage to framing.  Is this acceptable?

Is a neighbour flying a quad down my side path at an altitude that if I came out of my door I'd be hit acceptable?

Watch YouTube and weep........................  (and this from someone who LOVES flying a quad FPV............safely)

Cheredanine

Absolutely agree Raven. I think my main issue is we need good/appropriate rule, not just rules.

Look at what uk is proposing and if it would effect the Gatwick incident in any way
Registration of drone? No one even got a picture, how would a registration number on it help?
All the “don’t”s? They were already flying illegally why would they care?
Requirement for a safety course - pah

I have said repeatedly and said on the consultation, the controller has a unique key, that is what receivers are bound to. We should register controllers and their key (and app installs for the WiFi gang). Frequency scanners will then tell you who is flying immediately without even seeing them. RDF has only been around for about 80 years, locating the user is simple at that point asside from the fact you would have his name, address and other details from the controller registration

That is how to do it