User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • VaNDAL_UK: ANyone FPV onver Sutton Park Birmingham?
    December 07, 2018, 12:54:30
  • steveo9007: Cheers Atom was just a thought for now as I plan on keeping it well in range until I get comfortable with controls and flying
    December 05, 2018, 21:01:25
  • atomiclama: steveo You can just plug a GPS puck into the FC and get the OSB to display the coords, record the VTX and when things go tits up you have the last known posistion. Whislt not accurate it is a good starting point. Or get the coords sent back by telemetry to you TX which will be more accurate as long as power is maintained to the quad and it is range with the TX. Just some thoughts.
    December 04, 2018, 12:27:26
  • steveo9007: Is there a post on here about the 433mhz telem tx ??
    December 04, 2018, 07:56:49
  • steveo9007: ok thanks shaw
    December 03, 2018, 20:31:44
  • shawdreamer: meanwhile the 433mhz telem option I mentioned gives you live fixes in realtime and not "delayed texts"..... plus it doesnt cost you credit everytime you request a gps fix (btw the tags sim card also needs to have credit on it :laugh:)
    December 02, 2018, 20:47:10
  • shawdreamer: and yes that does actually work..... I tried it for a laugh a couple of years ago ::)
    December 02, 2018, 20:45:09
  • shawdreamer: the tags do as you say use satellites to get positional fixes but they dont immediately report those fixes to an App, each tag requires a Sim card (same as your phone) which is used to "text" you the tags position..... in other words you could get the exact same effect by strapping a old smartphone to your frame with the google "where is my device" app installed
    December 02, 2018, 20:44:13
  • steveo9007: doesnt the tag communicate with the satellites and not via a data system, isn't it the user who owns the tag go via data to the app that can locate the tag ???
    December 02, 2018, 18:18:11
  • shawdreamer: plus, alot of the lower end trackers struggle with GPRS and often rely heavily on GSM data instead which is just not worth a sh1te when it comes to pinpointing a downed frame
    December 02, 2018, 16:23:30
  • shawdreamer: most readily available gps trackers are not really suitable for anything smaller than a 400 sized frame as the units themselves are often too bulky for anything smaller and larger frames often already have their own gps setups that can simply be outfitted with a 433mhz telem tx that would report live and accurate info direct to a ground station so there'd be no point in a sms type tracker
    December 02, 2018, 16:22:07
  • steveo9007: anybody fitted a GPS tracker tag to their drones if it gets lost and is need to find it
    December 02, 2018, 14:56:36
  • Gav: yeah too much of a hike for me too.  was tempted with the bike show the other week but TBH its not worth it - no bargains anymore and rip off parking
    November 29, 2018, 20:11:21
  • Bad Raven: Too far for me.
    November 29, 2018, 08:27:36
  • hoverfly: Sunday drone show , N.E.C.  anybody   going.??
    November 28, 2018, 18:36:04
  • Bajadre: Congrats DB brother  !!!
    November 25, 2018, 03:09:56
  • hoverfly: I wish i haden't eaten a whole ham and egg pie........ pass the Rennies.. :cry
    November 21, 2018, 17:23:37
  • ched999uk: Don't yo just hate those days where you wish you never got up!!!!!!
    November 21, 2018, 15:46:06
  • Reman: Isn't it a spooky coincidense how seconds before banggood have a sale nearly all the prices of the on sale items go up, But the discount drops the price back to the pre sale prices?
    November 21, 2018, 05:46:29
  • DarkButterfly: Certainly hard work but well worth it ::)
    November 19, 2018, 22:19:02

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Grand Tour  (Read 306 times)

Offline Lamaule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 688
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • My YouTube Channel
Grand Tour
« on: November 26, 2018, 18:49:09 »
Yes, that's right, Hamster, Captain Slow and Jezza took a trip to North Wales and got up to stupid antics.

Maybe this is the Wales Special?!  :hmm:

Anyway, try not to fall asleep, and if possible watch with a decent stereo/headphones!

Hope you enjoy....

Offline CornishMule

• Liked: 358
Re: Grand Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 19:05:17 »
I thought it was a "Gran tour" ... I mis-read the invitation .....

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1215
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 19:33:29 »
That is rather pleasant...  :notworthy: did the gogs and headphones  bit. (twice):sweating:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 20:21:07 »
I thought it was a "Gran tour" ... I mis-read the invitation .....

Comments like this wont help your targeted adverts!  :laugh:

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 20:22:13 »
That is rather pleasant...  :notworthy: did the gogs and headphones  bit. (twice):sweating:
Thanks John.  Rather pleasant is good, and I'm pleased to hear the gogs went on - it's always a good sign when you write that! :)

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1377
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:35:10 »
Superb mate, that was the MD on 25mW?

Offline Andy7

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 811
    • The Tracker
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 10:38:46 »
OOhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh!!!! Loved it. Good job getting some storytelling in there as well. I'm going to make a little more of the climb in mine  :sweating:

There were some really good bits where you synched some of the hits in the music to sun-bursts and things, really like that.
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 651
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 10:55:44 »
That was EPIC.
I waited till late so I could watch on the projector screen with decent sound.
Great flying, brilliant sync with music, and perfect music choice. I will be watching again.
Loved the slow build ups. It was almost like you had the music playing in your ear while flying.

All the vids from that location are amazing, was there much crash reel. It looks so unforgiving.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 17:46:19 »
Superb mate, that was the MD on 25mW?
Lol, no matter that was my new seven inch that jakalas built for me. It's a cruising beast built for this kind of flying.

The MD came along too, but I could only make it 2/3 of the way up Snowdon. I didn't realise at the time I had the vtx per turned right down! I'm gutted, I wanted to do some mega long range on the 2.5 inch.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 17:49:12 »
OOhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh!!!! Loved it. Good job getting some storytelling in there as well. I'm going to make a little more of the climb in mine  :sweating:

There were some really good bits where you synched some of the hits in the music to sun-bursts and things, really like that.
Cheers Andy. This edit took ages. Considering its a raw edit that tells you the effort was in syncing the main events to the pacing of the music - thanks for noticing!

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 17:55:03 »
That was EPIC.
I waited till late so I could watch on the projector screen with decent sound.
Great flying, brilliant sync with music, and perfect music choice. I will be watching again.
Loved the slow build ups. It was almost like you had the music playing in your ear while flying.

All the vids from that location are amazing, was there much crash reel. It looks so unforgiving.
Thanks ched. I was a little nervous about releasing a raw edit of long range - it's not the most exciting of things to watch.  I'm really glad you watched it on the big screen with the stereo turned up, it really adds to the experience.

We had no crashes at this site. To be honest everyone was really managing their risk carefully. If you get it wrong in a location like that you've lost it permanently. Personally I was flying well within my envelope.

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 651
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 18:01:33 »
Thanks ched. I was a little nervous about releasing a raw edit of long range - it's not the most exciting of things to watch.  I'm really glad you watched it on the big screen with the stereo turned up, it really adds to the experience.

We had no crashes at this site. To be honest everyone was really managing their risk carefully. If you get it wrong in a location like that you've lost it permanently. Personally I was flying well within my envelope.

Yes the big 10ft screen does make it more immersive  ::)

The long range was interesting, it's nice to be able to look round the screen while watching not just seeing things flip and roll. Don't get me wrong flips and rolls are nice but so is a bit of slow scenic imagery.

Good to hear no one crashed.

It was great to see different flights and styles all from same location.

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 346
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 18:21:51 »
Cheers Andy. This edit took ages. Considering its a raw edit that tells you the effort was in syncing the main events to the pacing of the music - thanks for noticing!

I thought that too. I guess you slowed the vid down in places to get the timing right but you can’t tell. Really nice edit. What battery did you use on the 7 inch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 18:22:54 »
I have a flight with another loop round the horseshoe that was even bigger, but it didn’t work quite so well to the music!  Also the dive wasn’t quite so close in.

I know what you mean about flips and rolls. It drives me mad when pilots do them for no apparent reason!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 18:25:39 »
I thought that too. I guess you slowed the vid down in places to get the timing right but you can’t tell. Really nice edit. What battery did you use on the 7 inch?

Lol, yeah there’s quite a bit of subtle speed ramping in there to get things to work.  It really makes a big difference to the overall impact of the edit, so its worth investing the time in.

This is my seven inch build flown on my standard 1300mah 4s packs that I use on the 5 inch. I get around 7mins flight time.

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 346
    • Youtube
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 18:35:10 »
Wow that’s impressive! Shows what difference an efficient set up makes! I thought you were going to say they were at least 1800mAh.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 18:44:28 »
Lol, yeah there’s quite a bit of subtle speed ramping in there to get things to work.  It really makes a big difference to the overall impact of the edit, so its worth investing the time in.

This is my seven inch build flown on my standard 1300mah 4s packs that I use on the 5 inch. I get around 7mins flight time.

Yeah, it give me about 40% more flight time than on the five inch. 

The torque is incredible too, the thing arrests a dive so easily, but as a result it was really difficult to get the bird in tight to the mountain on the dives!

Offline Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 21:15:20 »
Yes, that's right, Hamster, Captain Slow and Jezza took a trip to North Wales and got up to stupid antics.

... hang on... what?  :hmm:

:laugh:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 21:16:16 »
... hang on... what?  :hmm:

Are you wondering who is Captain slow?

Don't mention the campervan!

Offline Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 21:23:07 »
Just trying to avoid reinacting the closing scenes of The Italian Job  ::)

Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 21:38:08 »
Just trying to avoid reinacting the closing scenes of The Italian Job  ::)

It was just like that, but slower!