Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 09:01:23

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Quad Flying

Started by steveo9007, Friday,November 23, 2018, 16:48:08

Previous topic - Next topic

steveo9007

Quote from: hoverfly on Monday,January 07, 2019, 20:19:36
I use the goggles to view other people's vids on the forum  to get a more immersive view and for F.P.V. on planks and gliders. For photography I use an Ipad with the Mavic and Air.
Most people fly smaller racing quads with them as flying them line of sight is difficult  keeping orientation and avoiding obstacles.

interesting stuff, i use reading glasses so not sure if it would be a good idea for me, on my dive computer i have to put lenses in the lower half of my mask to be able to see the readings for me to dive safely..would they fit over small glasses perhaps ??
Hubsan H501SS x2, H123D x4 Jet
Tyro 99, Tero Q215mm, Taranis QX7S with R9M, Fatshark Dominator HD3 Goggles, Own built 5" Quad

hoverfly

Some of the box style gogs have adjustable lenses or are large enough to accommodate glasses.  Fatsharks  and some other similar sort have diopter inserts. If possible try before you buy, ask around there is probably someone who lives near you that  could let you try some.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

ched

Quote from: steveo9007 on Monday,January 07, 2019, 20:23:29
interesting stuff, i use reading glasses so not sure if it would be a good idea for me, on my dive computer i have to put lenses in the lower half of my mask to be able to see the readings for me to dive safely..would they fit over small glasses perhaps ??
There arr a few goggles that enable you to use your glasses. These https://goo.gl/2NKZTu are the version 2 and I remember reading the review of the V1 saying that they can be used with glasses. The details in the site say they can be used with glasses.
Alternatively depending on your prescription these do +1.5 to -4 https://goo.gl/8mPwwB Review are not great as they are FatShark style at about a quarter of the price! So you can't expect them to be quite as good as Fatshark but they are very flyable. I have had mine a year and am happy with them. I normally wear glasses (-3 & -3.75) and I can get the focus good for me.
I try :-)

Bad Raven

I have a number used for myself and for an after school club I run (all bought by me), these include:-

Eachine EV100 Goggles (with DVR add-on)
HKing Quanum V2  (with Lumenier Receiver, and modded lensing)
Eachine 006 Headset (2 of - Rubbish, even for the money)
Eachine 007 Headset  (OK)
HKing Quanum Cyclops Headset (OK, and large enough for may glasses wearers)

and two other Headsets originally from GearBest that use a Car Reversing screen, unbranded and now no longer sold AFAICS.

I wear glasses for astigmatism. Many pupil members wear glasses.

Yes, some reviews of the EV100 are not inherently great, but personally I like them, and use them Indoors for all FPV. With CADDX cameras on the Whoops they give a excellent sharp well defined image.

I prefer larger screen headsets with wide angle Outdoors where I have a spotter/assist. My favourites are the much modded GearBest units that are focal length extended to suit my eyesight and very high quality (so expensive!) receivers added on top.  There is a trend to make all headsets "short" due weight leverage on the face I presume but many people have used my modded ones with varying eyesight and all have said they work well, yet they do not have adjustable focus!! To give some idea, the focal length of these are 50mm longer than as sold. This seems to put the screen in a more generally acceptable place.

Indoors though with a higher level of fitting and removal I prefer the lightweight EV100 goggles that will stay up on my forehead while I change battery, etc.  I have used them outside, and might all the time if I didn't already have the headsets. For the money they are very very good.

Have thought about buying the EV200 but like most other goggles they rely on insert diopters, not on board adjustment.

HTH

steveo9007

thanks guys, will be doing some looking and reading on them before acquiring them.. ~~
Tyro 99, Tero Q215mm, Taranis QX7S with R9M, Fatshark Dominator HD3 Goggles, Own built 5" Quad

steveo9007

Finished me jobs for work, so had a play with quad out of GPS mode..first time and it flies faster.. ~~

https://youtu.be/E_IrLnjvpOc

ched

That's interesting. If it were a 'normal' quad I would say the camera lens is too zoomed in. i.e. needs a wider angle lens. Plus a bit more uptilt as when you are flying forward all you can see is grass so it's difficult to see if you are level and see any upcoming obstacles.
It's a bit of a difficult one with the lens as it's great for photography but not great at general flying round. I guess the quad is really designed as a compromise between a photographic platform and a 'normal' quad.
Nice location and great to see flight footage at this time of year. I can't stand getting cold  :smiley:

steveo9007

Exactly Ched, when its not in GPS mode its nose is further down, when in GPS mode the speed is restricted to max 5 m/s so it doesn't tend to point downwards, the other disadvantage is that the camera is fixed into position can't me moved at all so no joy there unless i go for an externally mounted cam underslung to the body.

Location was not far from home a cool 9 degrees with not many clouds and a 17mph wind, might be why it was nose diving more to battle against the wind perhaps :hmm:

steveo9007

Coast line walk today stopped at the local beach..

https://youtu.be/HVZilGfyulw

steveo9007

Well I'm at it again am going to be building another quad but with better kit on i think..items waiting to come through post are as follows:-

Puda Chameleon 5" Frame
RunCam Micro Eagle800TVl, 2.1mm
HypeTrain Le Drib 2306 2650KV Motor V2 EZO x4

All ready Arrived is as Follows :-

Foxeer F405 AIO Betaflight F/C STM32 MPU6000 OSD 5V/2A BEC PDB
Spedix GS30 Blheli_32 30A ESC (2-4S) Dshot 1200
RUSH VTX TANK 5.8G 48CH Smart Audio Switchable AV Transmitter MMCX
TBS Triumph Stub 5.8GHz Antenna RHCP (SMA)

Thats my order so far, may have missed some stuff but will gather my thoughts once these have arrived..

ched

Looks like it's going to be some build. How are you getting on with your other quad?

I think those specs deserve a build thread with lots of pictures  :D 

steveo9007

My other quad is built back up again. Have soldered direct to board as the connectors were crap. It's now a training quad so gets bashed around a bit to hone my skills. Lol

Once I got all the bits together I will start a new thread for the unbranded one 👍👍

steveo9007

Well today i changed the RX in my Tero quad to an XM+ because i was using a Flysky controller, i now have a Taranis so having to change to Sbus.  With the conditions windy i thought i would just test it out my back garden.. :laugh:  :laugh:
https://youtu.be/j1BSwXvsyMQ