User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • VaNDAL_UK: ANyone FPV onver Sutton Park Birmingham?
    December 07, 2018, 12:54:30
  • steveo9007: Cheers Atom was just a thought for now as I plan on keeping it well in range until I get comfortable with controls and flying
    December 05, 2018, 21:01:25
  • atomiclama: steveo You can just plug a GPS puck into the FC and get the OSB to display the coords, record the VTX and when things go tits up you have the last known posistion. Whislt not accurate it is a good starting point. Or get the coords sent back by telemetry to you TX which will be more accurate as long as power is maintained to the quad and it is range with the TX. Just some thoughts.
    December 04, 2018, 12:27:26
  • steveo9007: Is there a post on here about the 433mhz telem tx ??
    December 04, 2018, 07:56:49
  • steveo9007: ok thanks shaw
    December 03, 2018, 20:31:44
  • shawdreamer: meanwhile the 433mhz telem option I mentioned gives you live fixes in realtime and not "delayed texts"..... plus it doesnt cost you credit everytime you request a gps fix (btw the tags sim card also needs to have credit on it :laugh:)
    December 02, 2018, 20:47:10
  • shawdreamer: and yes that does actually work..... I tried it for a laugh a couple of years ago ::)
    December 02, 2018, 20:45:09
  • shawdreamer: the tags do as you say use satellites to get positional fixes but they dont immediately report those fixes to an App, each tag requires a Sim card (same as your phone) which is used to "text" you the tags position..... in other words you could get the exact same effect by strapping a old smartphone to your frame with the google "where is my device" app installed
    December 02, 2018, 20:44:13
  • steveo9007: doesnt the tag communicate with the satellites and not via a data system, isn't it the user who owns the tag go via data to the app that can locate the tag ???
    December 02, 2018, 18:18:11
  • shawdreamer: plus, alot of the lower end trackers struggle with GPRS and often rely heavily on GSM data instead which is just not worth a sh1te when it comes to pinpointing a downed frame
    December 02, 2018, 16:23:30
  • shawdreamer: most readily available gps trackers are not really suitable for anything smaller than a 400 sized frame as the units themselves are often too bulky for anything smaller and larger frames often already have their own gps setups that can simply be outfitted with a 433mhz telem tx that would report live and accurate info direct to a ground station so there'd be no point in a sms type tracker
    December 02, 2018, 16:22:07
  • steveo9007: anybody fitted a GPS tracker tag to their drones if it gets lost and is need to find it
    December 02, 2018, 14:56:36
  • Gav: yeah too much of a hike for me too.  was tempted with the bike show the other week but TBH its not worth it - no bargains anymore and rip off parking
    November 29, 2018, 20:11:21
  • Bad Raven: Too far for me.
    November 29, 2018, 08:27:36
  • hoverfly: Sunday drone show , N.E.C.  anybody   going.??
    November 28, 2018, 18:36:04
  • Bajadre: Congrats DB brother  !!!
    November 25, 2018, 03:09:56
  • hoverfly: I wish i haden't eaten a whole ham and egg pie........ pass the Rennies.. :cry
    November 21, 2018, 17:23:37
  • ched999uk: Don't yo just hate those days where you wish you never got up!!!!!!
    November 21, 2018, 15:46:06
  • Reman: Isn't it a spooky coincidense how seconds before banggood have a sale nearly all the prices of the on sale items go up, But the discount drops the price back to the pre sale prices?
    November 21, 2018, 05:46:29
  • DarkButterfly: Certainly hard work but well worth it ::)
    November 19, 2018, 22:19:02

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Out of channels, options?  (Read 337 times)

Online tipsy trucker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 15
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
Out of channels, options?
« on: November 15, 2018, 21:24:27 »
Using a flysky fsi6x and the receiver supplies with it ia6b? I have 10 channels

I'm using naza which I think uses 7 channels

I'll be fitting a buzzer (may need to change from sbus to pwm for that).

Landing gear's another channel

Then the 3axis gimbal which apparently has 4 channels but I'll probably only use 3.

So what can I do? I'm considering another set of radio gear just for the gimbal... or is there a better way?

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 651
Re: Out of channels, options?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 21:39:27 »
I think the naza uses just 5 channels but the mode switch is on ch7!!!
I used the ia10 rx I use pwm (1 servo cable per channel) 5 for direction and modes then 2 for my 3 axis gimbal (pitch and yaw, I don't need roll) and 1 for my 3 way video switch. So I use 8 channels using the pwm servo cables.

So as you don't need 3 way video sw and want an extra 2 for gimbal, no idea what the 4th is for, plus landing gear and buzzer so you need 11ch? I would drop the 4th for the gimbal as I can't think what that does unless it's for camera control of some sort, then you need 10ch and that's what you have.

Other than that you are stuck with the i6 tx as it only has 10 controls!!!! You can get extra channels out but I am not sure how you can control them.

If you really do need 11 or more channels you are going to have to go for a 16ch Taranis radio https://goo.gl/1veP6h at about £150 but as I don't know FrSky I have no idea what rx you would need.

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 70
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 21:44:23 »
The x9d+ is a great radio. Im no pro pilot but its great to use and setup. I got the spec ed carbon fibre pattern and it looks good. Got sliders on the front and sides which would be good to control the gimbals

Online tipsy trucker

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 22:52:29 »
The extra channel on the gimbal is for modes; lock/follow which I'd like to try but like you said - I don't need roll. Maybe I'll be lucky and squeeze in with 10

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 642
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 06:41:15 »
Lateral Thinking.

Could you put the buzzer on a used channel that does not really matter in the event of needing buzzer, for example, the undercarriage is not down with quad armed for long, and if it has crashed extending the gear for a brief burst of buzzer might not be an issue.

Buzzer set to fire during disarm?

Must be a workround there somewhere.

Offline apollo7

• Liked: 724
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 08:02:12 »
Naza only uses 5 chans, having a second TX for gimbal really complicates things, really you need 2 people, for a start i would forget retracts, yes they look cool but just imagine the damage from an unplanned landing with no gear down
DJI P3......home build AQ600....Ranger 1600...2x Wing wing Z84....Wildthing 46 in build
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Online tipsy trucker

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 16:49:16 »
Lateral Thinking.

Could you put the buzzer on a used channel that does not really matter in the event of needing buzzer, for example, the undercarriage is not down with quad armed for long, and if it has crashed extending the gear for a brief burst of buzzer might not be an issue.

Buzzer set to fire during disarm?

Must be a workround there somewhere.

If I end up needing 11 channels, I think that may be the solution  ~~ I'm hoping to set the receiver's failsafe to put the gear down - which will also start the buzzer going, I'm also hoping to set it up so when I put the naza to f/s (rth) it'll put the gear down - could be a little irritating as it comes in to land but not the end of the world - if I can't live with it I'll maybe consider the taranis  :whistling:

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 19:06:25 »
Just had a thought!!! There are only 2 rotary controls on i6 so surely that is gimbal pitch and yaw, so you don't really have a control for the 3rd axis of the gimbal!!!
So 4 for flight directions, 1 (3way) Flight modes, 2 rotary for gimbal, 1 for landing gear, and 1 for buzzer, so you have 1 switch left over!!!!!
Or have I missed something?

Online tipsy trucker

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 16:11:48 »
That's right, pitch and yaw - plus a switch for this lock/follow mode - I've no idea how well it'll work but I'd like to try it out. Is there a way to turn ioc off in naza?

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 16:31:06 »
My memory of the Naza is a bit rusty but I think you can turn ioc off. I seem to remember it being in one of the screens but without getting my F450 out of it's box in the loft and plugging it in I can't see the assistant pages.

The Follow/Lock sounds interesting but I am not sure how that would work. i.e. I believe the way the DJI quads work is by looking at the camera image and tracking the movement. So a gimbal without a connection to a camera and some image analysis might be interesting.

Online tipsy trucker

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 22:20:10 »
My guess is it uses a gyro or compass to "see" when the aircraft is turning and does whatever it needs to to keep facing the same direction. We'll see.

Considering it's price, I think at best all I can hope is that it smoothes out my orbiting (and similar) a bit while I polish my technique

Online tipsy trucker

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 09:15:04 »
I bought the taranis!

First question though; is there a way to turn the neck strap eye 90 degrees?

I'm sure I can figure something out but always better to ask than risk breaking something; I've got a phone holder on the way that attaches to it but it needs to be vertical for that.

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 11:04:17 »
I bought the taranis!

That counts me out  ::)
I know very little about Taranis but have a search on utube might help.

Offline mo_miah

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 21:03:07 »
I bought the taranis!

First question though; is there a way to turn the neck strap eye 90 degrees?

I'm sure I can figure something out but always better to ask than risk breaking something; I've got a phone holder on the way that attaches to it but it needs to be vertical for that.

Which one did you get?
The eye can be rotated. Will need to loosen it by opening up the taranis. Pretty easy to do. And you can adjust the spring tension in the gimbals to how you want it while you have it open

Online tipsy trucker

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 11:23:00 »
Which one did you get?
The eye can be rotated. Will need to loosen it by opening up the taranis. Pretty easy to do. And you can adjust the spring tension in the gimbals to how you want it while you have it open

Thought that'd be the case, thankyou

I got the x9d plus, I really liked the carbon effect one but couldn't justify the extra cost - maybe I'll get the cover sometime.

I'm tempted to get the 900mhz bits too but, again, that can wait for now

Offline mo_miah

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 13:04:47 »
Thought that'd be the case, thankyou

I got the x9d plus, I really liked the carbon effect one but couldn't justify the extra cost - maybe I'll get the cover sometime.

I'm tempted to get the 900mhz bits too but, again, that can wait for now

If you do go long range het the tbs crossfire. Every review I've seen that compares to two always ends with get the crossfire if you can