Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 18:42:56

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

did 'YOU' fly today??

Started by Gav, Wednesday,May 01, 2013, 18:08:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

The "usual" fare for a "far too hot for RC" day yesterday. 

One plane lost a prop when the grip released on the prop holder to shaft, temp related. It did it AFTER landing though as the brake engaged!!  :blink

And a quad that worked OK at home refused to arm! (and worked again once home!)

Hey Ho, up there for two hours alone, me and the wildlife anyway, not the slightest breeze.

apollo7

Not flown for weeks, and now in the process of selling of some stuff, the Inav ar900 is going to a new home and the FX79 2m wing is going, sold the tiny firstar 200 pusher glider, totally fed up with the "cant fly here" every place we go, i honestly think if i keep getting this i will end up losing it and punching the living daylights out of one of these nobs
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

Under no circumstances punch nobs, first thing to do is a swift kick in the fork (Kin Geri) and when they go down it gives you more time to chose the next impact point. :hmm:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

apollo7

Had a great session today, got my old C1 chaser flying just sweet, did a maiden on the little rainbow 600 just for giggles, but also it was maiden of the small Dohd dart, i removed the zohd stabiliser and fitted an eagle tree guardian, it flies on rails
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

.Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

apollo7

apollo7

I flew the C1 chaser again on sunday, really did enjoy putting 3 packs though this great flying wing, and some nice footage of the old quarry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAIn-m6emNQ&t=9s

hoverfly

Nice flight, and very tidy landing, gave it the gog treatment on the second view.. ~~

apollo7

Quote from: hoverfly on Tuesday,September 17, 2019, 08:58:47 Nice flight, and very tidy landing, gave it the gog treatment on the second view.. ~~

Cheers dude, i am loving having it back in service

rickp

Long time, no post - but managed to get some flying (and diving) in at the unoccupied and very remote Huon and Chesterfield reefs (south pacific, about 400miles east of Australia). Mainly to record the turtles which were massing to fight, shag and lay eggs. At times we felt like we were in an Attenborough programme...

apollo7

I finally did maiden on the Phoenix S 1600, the new one with clip in wings, it went pretty well sloping nicely but i feel it was a little tail heavy and ended with a bad landing, no harm done

ched

Finally a dry day. I got all ready, batts charged, rx fw updated, new rates, thermals on, heated gloves and power pack, hat on. Out we go with fading light. Get to normal flying field and the car park is full, way too many people, next location 2 football matches going on. Quickly try and find a new location, perfect a footpath, no there are cows in fields or big steel fence other side  :angry:
I admitted defeat, came home and will try again tomorrow....
I try :-)

apollo7

had a fly with the C1 chaser and the ranger G2 trying out yet another motor on the G2 to get it right, now got a sunnysky x2208 1500kv and seems just right, short video from the C1 due to mobius battery cutting out  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrJrQ9qJVq0&t=9s

hoverfly

Nice, blue sky..!! sun..!!... what planet was that filmed on.. ~~

Bad Raven

Converted an old F1 Naze FC Diatone ET 160 with 1104 DYS to F4 (Matek F405 Std) on Sunday evening. £21 spent.

Had SO much fun with it today after a couple of check flights LOS that I flew 6 batteries FPV and all the other quads (inc much more modern/expensive models) remained in the car. Got some fun flips in flat out at about two metres high over the strip.  Was stopping at around 5.5 mins per 850mAh 3S, coming down with 3.75 per cell as I didn't want to push it with the cold (4 degrees at the field)  :azn

SO, just converted an ET 150 DYS 1306, again from and to as above FC's.  Looking forward to tomorrow, as there's no worry with these older quads, can fly like I stole them, as they effectively owe me nothing. Brilliant!  :smiley:

apollo7

Quote from: hoverfly on Monday,December 02, 2019, 08:35:19 Nice, blue sky..!! sun..!!... what planet was that filmed on.. ~~

ha ha, planet westyorks, i nearly did not go, thought it would be way to cold but not flown for weeks and so glad i went, i got both the C1 and the G2 so dialled in, was a great session for me, not so for my mate

Bad Raven

Quote from: Bad Raven on Monday,December 02, 2019, 20:22:07 SO, just also converted an ET 150 with DYS 1306 and 3030 Tri's.  Looking forward to tomorrow, as there's no worry with these older quads, can fly like I stole them, as they effectively owe me nothing. Brilliant!  :smiley:

I got to test it briefly last night in the kitchen, wherupon it cut dead three times, and not when throttling much.  Rather puzzled, I decided that the odd third indication of the old and now unknown VTX (other than band and channel) must be power, guessing it was ovrloading the old PDB, but it wasn't the usual one, two or three bar indication, it was a flashing number 6. 6?? Cycling, I found it was 1-6. :shrug:

Anyway, found out how to alter it, button for more than 3 secs but less than 5!  :rolleyes: and set it to 2 which seemed to give a good video image, albeit at no range.

Today at the field?  Perfect all the way to spotter eyesight limit.

Note to self, pay better attention to noting manuals and quad fitted to!!!

apollo7

flew a few planes today, Ranger G2, new Phoenix S 1600, and my C1 chaser 1200, i ended up doing a little follow me footage, with a ate flying his mini skywalker 1100, this was just LOS and my first go at chasing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejosxMt-XRU&t=63s

ched

Quote from: apollo7 on Sunday,December 22, 2019, 15:31:24 flew a few planes today, Ranger G2, new Phoenix S 1600, and my C1 chaser 1200, i ended up doing a little follow me footage, with a ate flying his mini skywalker 1100, this was just LOS and my first go at chasing
Chasing LOS must be quite challenging.
I managed 4 packs on my SkyStars Big Pick X120 today and then 39 seconds on R349 as it started raining!!!

Bad Raven

Quote from: ched on Sunday,December 22, 2019, 15:38:34 Chasing LOS must be quite challenging.

Mate has a Bixler3 with a tube extension up and forwards off the nose as a "selfie" camera.

Looks nasty  :blink , works OK!

I'm usually pretty good at formation aerobatic flying as was in a show demo team many years ago where we formated 12 planes at once.

12?  Well, the 27MHz crystals and iffy radio back then only allowed that!!!

Have largely kept up the skills despite ageing "a little" since the 70's!  :cry

HOWEVER, hanging around with my hack Bixler2 for any length of time in the small "view window" behind mates plane has proven somewhat awkward, not helped by his insistance on throwing full deflection loops and split "S"s with no warning.  :rofl:

Usually ends up with me going full on combat mode, which at least using sods law guarantees no air to air contact mishaps.  :rolleyes:

apollo7

Have to say the chase flight was not planned, and i really enjoyed it, my mate is the one that usually does any chasing, watching the 2 planes hooning along at speed in near formation was great and i will be doing it again

apollo7

finally did the maiden flight with the mini sky hunter sonic model..........it went well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSy5GcFgSrY

ched

Quote from: apollo7 on Sunday,January 19, 2020, 16:19:31 finally did the maiden flight with the mini sky hunter sonic model..........it went well

Looking great. That water would worry me  :D  :D  :D

Zwalalce

Nice photos and videos! What app do you use for editing? I usually prefer https://www.movavi.com/photo-editor/ and like it a lot. It's quite easy to use, especially when you have high-quality photos.

DarkButterfly

Had a 5 min fly on the massive hex before the wind got stupidly crazy.
My Sigma X80 SE antenna stayed upright during both storms, zip ties FTW  ~~
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

garbfink

Managed to get out for 2 packs yesterday on my lunch break. Found a new practice area which I thought I'd give a go. Nothing overly exciting but it was nice to be out. And of course, I just had to get stuck in a tree.

ched

After what feels like months I finally went out to fly. Arrived at my normal field (a local college allows me to fly on their football field) and their car park was full and as it's right next to where I would fly that knocked that on the head.  :cry  :cry

Drove a little further and tried a local sports field. Result no one there!!!! Setup and off we go  :D  :D  :D WOW was it windy. Forecast said gusts up to 43mph!!!! Most of the time it was OK but then gusts appeared!!!!
I was surprised how easy it was to fly in the wind. OK I wouldn't want to try flying through gates but through goal posts was fine.
The Tinyhawk freestyle was OK on 2S but you certainly knew you were flying into the wind  :laugh: and with the wind it was fast.
My X120 flies fine normally but in the wind I can see the PIDs need tweaking, it has a bit of oscillation when buffeted by the wind. Speed wise it was good, more than enough throttle to compensate for the wind.
The R349 was really great, tuning was perfect, no oscillations and just masses of speed, I do find it difficult to give it lots of throttle and not just head for the sky  :laugh:  :laugh:  Great fun.

Hopefully the weather is a bit better tomorrow.   

DarkButterfly

A nice muddy crash due to a broken SMA pigtail.  :laugh:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

hoverfly

Thankfully it's mud, if that was Andy7's it would be another substance ..He likes to lick it off. :sick:

badger1

got out of work (from home) a bit early today & grabbed half a dozen flights before it got dark.

definitely getting the hang of it a bit more now.  having flown planes for so long, I'm having to adjust to the way you're pointing not necessarily being the way you're travelling - lol  :o

at least I didn't land in a puddle of liquid mud & have to rinse the quad under a tap & dry it out on the radiator this time  :D