Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,March 19, 2024, 09:15:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Bad Raven:
08 Jun 2023 20:09:43
I'll tell you tomorrow.......   :D
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 14:09:41
Is it me, or are the HobbyRC sweets getting smaller?  :eating:
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 12:00:20
username is dDfesh
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,415
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

did 'YOU' fly today??

Started by Gav, Wednesday,May 01, 2013, 18:08:25

Previous topic - Next topic

apollo7

popped over the local field, had a quick fly with the p3 (think i prefer this to the Mi) Russ and matt brought the skywalker X6 wing, that was great cruising around at a steady 70mph, did the maiden on the little Hubsan H216a gps wifi drone, well pleased with it. Also maidened my latest plane, back to basics with a park flyer Firstar 200, very very twitchy on ailerons, but think i should have tamed it down now, Matts X6 on the ground taken with the hubsan

Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

CornishMule

Myself and TryingTo got out today and flew about 18 packs between us.

My flights were a little hampered after the FatShark battery failed one pack in ... but thanks to Greg for loaning me his monitor to use for the rest of the packs! :)

The flight footage wasn't anything special as the skies were rather grey, but still good to get a few hours of stick time in.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3TrMC0tVrhYuz939ZRQy2g[/url]
[url="https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/"]https://www.instagram.com/cornishmulefpv/[/url]

Bajadre

Quote from: apollo7 on Sunday,January 14, 2018, 13:36:57
popped over the local field, had a quick fly with the p3 (think i prefer this to the Mi) Russ and matt brought the skywalker X6 wing, that was great cruising around at a steady 70mph, did the maiden on the little Hubsan H216a gps wifi drone, well pleased with it. Also maidened my latest plane, back to basics with a park flyer Firstar 200, very very twitchy on ailerons, but think i should have tamed it down now, Matts X6 on the ground taken with the hubsan

That x6 looks a beast mate  :o  :cool:  ~~
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

apollo7

Nipped over the field for a flight with P3 again this morning, despite very cold and lots of snow on the ground, pus some fog at 50m altitude she flew superb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqgggJxfvbI
Volantex Ranger 1600/2000, Ranger 1200 G2, Phoenix S 1600 AR900 Miniskyhunter, ZOHD Dart 635 and a few 680 batwings plus old faithful C1 chaser and a lot of eagletree guardians

hoverfly

Well that was different,  just like b/w TV of yesteryear .. 1960 and frozen to death. :blink The slope looks like it needs  a plank or two chucking off it. ::)
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

apollo7

Quote from: hoverfly on Saturday,January 20, 2018, 18:15:42
Well that was different,  just like b/w TV of yesteryear .. 1960 and frozen to death. :blink The slope looks like it needs  a plank or two chucking off it. ::)

I have a sloper, my non powered wing wing Z84, i also think my firstar 200 FPV plane will slope on there

MKPSG12

Got out before the snow started up AGAIN  :rolleyes:

iRobot

Had a quick fly just to cycle the battery's  :rolleyes:
http://youtu.be/5Z_So3Yrp2k
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw[/url]

apollo7

Quote from: iRobot on Saturday,January 27, 2018, 23:01:33
Had a quick fly just to cycle the battery's  :rolleyes:
http://youtu.be/5Z_So3Yrp2k

Nice one iRobot, I have decided to keep the Xiaomi Mi a while longer and see if it grows on me, when this weather breaks will get out and take some more video with it

iRobot

Quote from: apollo7 on Sunday,January 28, 2018, 09:10:00
Nice one iRobot, I have decided to keep the Xiaomi Mi a while longer and see if it grows on me, when this weather breaks will get out and take some more video with it
~~, hope you get to like it.

The weather has been absolute junk for the last two months round me  :frantic:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7R_7Sn4nN_c3CySDiinSdw[/url]

Bad Raven

Quote from: iRobot on Sunday,January 28, 2018, 12:44:46
The weather has been absolute junk for the last two months round me  :frantic:

Managed some slope soaring on Thurs, apart from that, been glad I can fly sports halls at least twice a week.

Son's two were at mine today. 12 year old boy is already competent on Sim and I have buddied him on planes a couple of times at our field, ten year old granddaughter a bit less competent, but I handed her a Tiny6 today and within five mins she was flying carefully around chair legs and in and out of a shoebox. Grandson was then flying fast circuits round the room. I'm just recharging the pile of batteries they got through!

Andy7

Got out for a spin at lunchtime. Was aimng to have a crack at some PID tuning but got a little carried away. Decided to start along the long and painful path of learning some decent tricks and moves - broke a prop as pennance so I'm rocking one PINK one at the moment  :laugh:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

hoverfly

.Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

Andy7

Hopefully, I'll bave broken them all before the next fly-up....  :whistling:
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

Bad Raven

Just tell people they are not pink, they are light red.

One of my Tiny 6's has the pink canopy and props rather than the default yellow. (You get a full set of red, white, yellow and pink in the advanced set). It is actually a practical colour LOS as it does not merge with much around the house, or sports halls I fly, and the FC LEDS show clearer, so there is actually method in the madness.  :azn

I took it to the school club last session and it was accepted with not a single comment (and they are not in any way shy, I can assure you!).

It had a thrashing round the house this morning while avoiding getting bored charging 28 transmitters, cars, and spare batteries.

hoverfly

28 TX ,how many arms  do you have... :o

Reman

Quote from: hoverfly on Thursday,February 01, 2018, 21:15:14

Always good to have a backup or 30 in case you hit unforeseen circumstances.  :whistling:
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Bad Raven

Quote from: hoverfly on Thursday,February 01, 2018, 21:15:14

Sadly, only two.............need more.  ;)

Today I will fly quads as demo at the school club I run before the kids are let loose, but before that I have another 15 plus Transmitters and models to check/charge, and no, not the same ones as yesterday  :whistling: , and not as many today as normal, as I'm restricted on area available today. I will be concentrating on getting a few new members operating FPV today using a couple of Tamiya Blackfoot Extreme Truggies with micro combos velcro'd to their roof and battery in the back bed as these can be run in the Refectory under the tables and chairs.

Oh, I nearly forgot the Mardave V12 with built in FPV!!  :slap:

hoverfly

Brilliant promotion of  the hobby / addiction.. :laugh:
Good intro to F.P.V. using truggies..

Andy7

Cold, but DRY this week, so managed to get out at lunchtime.
Restraint prevailed and I remembered that I wanted to do a little PID tuning. LOVE the OSD tuning for Betaflight - first time I've done it and what a Godsend!

Pushed the P up a bout 5 points in Pitch and Roll and think it's better - though I had been flying the DRL sim a lot over the weekend so muscle memory was a bit fresher. I get the feeling that it's all a bit FASTER too...

Not much video to speak of 'cos it was just tuning but BOTH crashes ended up the right way up ;) Maybe good for a crash clip-compilation.

Looks dry again tomorrow...  :whistling:
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Bad Raven

A few flurries of snow this morning convinced me that Indoor was best.

I took the Tiny Whoover, couple of hoops to lay flat and a half hoop arch  to form a figure eight course with the arch at the crossover point.  Passed the Tx around and most had a go.

Looks like there might be a couple more being built!!   ~~

mo_miah

i love my eachine e010 for a bit of indoor flying, keeps my 9month old son entertained so he eats his food
wife doesn't appreciate a drone flying around her head though blowing her hair all over the place lol

Bad Raven

Decided to go to the field today despite the cold.  Could not be bothered with anything "good" (as in potent) that was likely to give cool batteries a hard time, so dragged my first 250, a Diatone Hurricane with 1806's out of it's in house storebox, blinking and shivering (the quad).  Wasn't going to freeze head either so strictly LOS flying.

Had forgotten how long that quad runs on a 1500.................... or was it the cold making me want it to end?   ;)

Oddly, the first flight my hands were really painful even a third of the way through.  The second quite OK, not cold at all, and the third back to the pain. Wossat about?   :shrug:

Two hours, two planes and the 250 was enough for me.

mo_miah

Quote from: Bad Raven on Tuesday,February 06, 2018, 17:36:44
Decided to go to the field today despite the cold.  Could not be bothered with anything "good" (as in potent) that was likely to give cool batteries a hard time, so dragged my first 250, a Diatone Hurricane with 1806's out of it's in house storebox, blinking and shivering (the quad).  Wasn't going to freeze head either so strictly LOS flying.

Had forgotten how long that quad runs on a 1500.................... or was it the cold making me want it to end?   ;)

Oddly, the first flight my hands were really painful even a third of the way through.  The second quite OK, not cold at all, and the third back to the pain. Wossat about?   :shrug:

Two hours, two planes and the 250 was enough for me.

you're bad being out in this cold for hours, that or im a wuss lol

a tx with heated hand grips to stop your fingers freezing off, now if only someone would invent that :)

Bad Raven

Years ago I bought some "designed for RC" gloves. They have a small rectangular hole on each thumb!

No damn use at all as they were too bulky and gripping the Tx (I cannot use a neckstrap) was too difficult. (Note to self, must buy a harness to try!!)

Currently all I use are Thinsulate fingerless.  OK but the woven material can catch foam wings on release!  :blink

atomiclama

Finally managed a few packs this cold crisp morning.

Numb fingers for quite some time after but well worth it.

Man I needed that.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Andy7

Nice and sunny today - just about dried out after the rain last night.
Practicing my throttle control by trying to keep low to the ground. Bloody windy though - but that's good for practice, so no worries.
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Bad Raven

Did I fly today?  Yes, but only a Eachine QX65 and various other 65's - see my separate comments in thread for this quad if interested.

apollo7

Had the p3s out today and really enjoyed it

mo_miah

I always fly my eachine e010 around the house as my 9mnth old son loves chasing it. I was flying at ground level behind him and he turned around and sat on it. Props and frame bent :( will need a rebuild