Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,June 05, 2020, 15:55:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

ched:
04 Jun 2020 17:27:04
Hello Six6siX
Six6siX:
03 Jun 2020 13:28:30
ooo... hello all
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 22:09:18
TBS Source One frame with 7" arms
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 22:09:02
my guess was bang on the number - just out on the units!
LiamHowe89:
02 Jun 2020 21:48:33
Just a bit out from your initial guess then  :laugh: What kind of frame do you fly with?
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:52:22
shoutbox doesn't like ampersands for some reason
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:51:54
and it was more like a 100m fall  :o
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:50:36
lol - checked my logging
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 11:52:29
@Liam - no, absolutely fine.  had another couple of flights with it afterwards -  :laugh:
LiamHowe89:
01 Jun 2020 21:23:22
Ouch! Any breakages?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198591
  • Total Topics: 20021
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 17
Total: 18

Theme Changer





thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Fatshark goggles?

Started by pete678, Tuesday,November 06, 2018, 11:29:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Money no object your choice of goggles?

HD3
1 (25%)
HDO
2 (50%)
T2 / hdv2 dominator
0 (0%)
eachine ev200
1 (25%)
aomway commander v2
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: Thursday,December 06, 2018, 11:29:10

pete678

I know this is a very diverse topic and all faces are different and opinions are various but im looking at putting down alot of money to get a decent set of goggles for the foreseeable future. i currently own a set of fatshark transformers with the binocular viewer giving 55 degrees view and a great experience but they are getting on my nerves as the nose cut is getting to be uncomfortable and were im flying more and further id like something more comfortable. I'm not all that bothered too much by the fov but id like at least 37. DVR quality would be nice. I don't fly with anyone else at the moment and i don't live anywhere i can try goggles on so it's going to be a blind purchase!
If money were no object what would you go for?
thanks alot for the input in advance as it will help me no end :)

Pete

Sweet Pickle

Sold my HD3’s on eBay to some poor soul.
Only owned 4 sets of goggles so you couldn’t class me as an expert, but the HD3’s were awful.
Got me some Skyzone Sky03 (rev 2) and couldn’t be happier. From a comfort and optics point of view they are considerably better.
Such a personal thing though, I think you have to make your own mind up rather than be swayed by opinion.

Lamaule

My hd3 goggles have been great and I'm pleased to bits with them. If I was buying new now I'd probably consider a set of hdos. The reviews on the screens has been positive in everything I have read, but it sounds like fatsharks may not be for you on ergonomic ground.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk


pete678

Quote from: Lamaule on Tuesday,November 06, 2018, 18:02:38
My hd3 goggles have been great and I'm pleased to bits with them. If I was buying new now I'd probably consider a set of hdos. The reviews on the screens has been positive in everything I have read, but it sounds like fatsharks may not be for you on ergonomic ground.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk


the fatsharks im using at the mo are the box style but with the binocular viewer for a more immersive feel and they do work great but the nose cuts in so i was wondering about the fatshark style goggle with dual screens as im hoping they'd be more comfy. Im really swaying towards the hdo's as the reaction of people when they see the quality is overall quite good :)

pete678

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Tuesday,November 06, 2018, 17:53:57
Sold my HD3’s on eBay to some poor soul.
Only owned 4 sets of goggles so you couldn’t class me as an expert, but the HD3’s were awful.
Got me some Skyzone Sky03 (rev 2) and couldn’t be happier. From a comfort and optics point of view they are considerably better.
Such a personal thing though, I think you have to make your own mind up rather than be swayed by opinion.


i saw the sky03's and thought they look the danglies as they sorted out all the problems of the first revision. One of the main reasons i've got more fatshark than other brand is i've dealt with the customer services and it was second to none. I'm just a bit worried about these new companies and there after service otherwise i'd of bit the bullet and bought one of the competitors. Shame about the hd3's as they are my second choice at the moment. seems there plagued wit the same issues of the hd2's?!
thanks for the advice sweet pickle. Just wish there were more hobby shops that stock the goggles as it would make choosing them sooo much easier, but i suppose it's still in it's infancy with regard to r&d on goggles and it just seems to be a case of buy fatshark and put up with the little problems or take a punt on another company and try your luck. Just wish they wern't so bloody expensive! Not that i mind spending the money but i expect a certain standard  when i'm spending that much :(

Dave@F.P.heaVen

I've never been a fan of Fatshark.
In the early days of FPV there where better goggles available for less money.
Fatshark had a 'cool' name and good marketing. They soon became known as 'the best' but in my opinion they never have been. I much prefer the fit of Skyzone, and Boscam's optics have always been far superior.

Obviously this is all my opinion, based on my experience and I'm sure lots of people would argue.

If you are old enough to remember its very much like the VHS vs Betamax thing.

Lamaule

Quote from: pete678 on Wednesday,November 07, 2018, 09:35:54
i saw the sky03's and thought they look the danglies as they sorted out all the problems of the first revision. One of the main reasons i've got more fatshark than other brand is i've dealt with the customer services and it was second to none. I'm just a bit worried about these new companies and there after service otherwise i'd of bit the bullet and bought one of the competitors. Shame about the hd3's as they are my second choice at the moment. seems there plagued wit the same issues of the hd2's?!
thanks for the advice sweet pickle. Just wish there were more hobby shops that stock the goggles as it would make choosing them sooo much easier, but i suppose it's still in it's infancy with regard to r&d on goggles and it just seems to be a case of buy fatshark and put up with the little problems or take a punt on another company and try your luck. Just wish they wern't so bloody expensive! Not that i mind spending the money but i expect a certain standard  when i'm spending that much :(
I've not heard any widespread reports of issues with the hd3s. I know a number of people with them and they've all had very good experiences.

I own a pair and have been really pleased with them and see no reason to upgrade from them for the forseeable future.

If I was to be dissatisfied with the performance of a pair of hd3s I would deal directly with fatsharks as it is likely a warranty issue!

That being said if I was buying from scratch now I would go straight to hdos.  Setting the reported increase in screen quality aside, having accessory bays that can provide more power without modification is worth it on its own!

At the end of the day your fpv vision is by far the most important element to achieving a good flight experience. As such it is an area to invest in - especially as they won't get smashed each time you crash! Lol



Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk