Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 02:46:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

NEW Eachine Brushless Vwhoop90 Tiny Whoop / Tiny Whoover 2-in-1 COMING SOON

Started by BillM-RC, Tuesday,October 23, 2018, 06:25:16

Previous topic - Next topic

BillM-RC

Hi fellow pilots & rc enthusiasts

NEW Eachine Brushless Vwhoop90 Tiny Whoop / Tiny Whoover 2-in-1 COMING SOON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YfeAgi_G8

Bad Raven

I'm running an Indoor RC club with the main model raced being a E010/JJRC H36 based Whoover, currently we have 15 racing and four in build.  (by 11-15 years olds)

This new model appears to offer nothing we could use, in fact the temptation (or need) to make it airborne would be a definite safety and damage inducing hazard. (and we do micro quad racing, too!)

It looks like the rear body is wider than the front. If so the model will "nose in" against skirting/track edging (we use square drainpipe) and without getting it airborne can it carry on forwards and turn out of trouble? It can clearly reverse as a quad, but how well controlled if at all is it when staying grounded?   Backwards is not where you want to go anyway, you just need to be able to turn away from a barrier you have slid against.  Can it?

In UK sized halls with UK sized tracks extra size, power, speed and weight is a complete disadvantage, it only induces wider drifts and overspeeding. I have experimented with more power and more weight, ultra light and 3D print frames, also E011 with larger motors................ NO advantage!

It is a novelty in the way an Eflite Convergence is, but like that this seems to be neither one thing nor the other, merely something in between (to quote Paddy Ashdown!), so there seems no lasting practical application for it.

Now if they'd have produced an E010 based purpose made Hovercraft..............................

BillM-RC

Hi, interesting analysis. I have yet to receive and review this and will see how it does.

BillM-RC

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

Eachine vWhoop90 review. This Eachine vWhoop90 Brushless Tiny Whoop Tiny Whoov 2 in 1 FPV Racing Drone review includes overview, inspection, setup, binding, betaflight settings, mods, flight & fpv tests. Flight action starts at 15:25 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZmLVObojUk

Bad Raven

Quick look at Banggood, £72.50 discounted to £60.41.

AFAICS, PLUSES:-

Brushless
Reasonable value when adding up components
Certainly works fairly well

MINUSES:-

Brushless (WHAT, as well??!!)................. well, around here at least Whoover racing is exclusively brushed 6mm motors, so I can hear calls of "you can take your oversized overpowered heap and stick it!!" if attempting to run with the pack. Was it a Freudian slip  that the group rushed to remove the gates when you started?   ;) :laugh:

Lets get real, Whoover racing is either a home made Depron/Frozen Pizza foam/DroneJunkie body with E010 or JJRC H36 gear.  SO LOS racing is £7 plus around £10, with a camera/vtx adding £15, or around HALF the cost of this even if you buy all new and don't recycle a broken quad. And that includes a Transmitter. 

AND no ostracisation from Whoover pilots with the normal race item!  :laugh:

I'm now regularly running std Whoovers at three locations with a spread of fifty miles. With over 40 Whoovers in the group and numbers steadily growing weekly we have not had one single failure despite very hard use, no motor failures, no FC failures, nix.

Whoover racing is getting people into FPV that otherwise would never attempt it as the std whoover is a non-aggressive fun machine that has no fear factor from either users nor if juniors, parents, so where does this fit in?  I'm not sure.

So, do I feel an itch to get one?  Not currently, no.

BillM-RC

Hi fellow rc pilots & rc enthusiasts

Vwhoop90 mod to reduce friction & scuffing on the ground. This simple mod on this Eachine Vwhoop90 Brushless Tiny Whoop Tiny Whoov 2-in-1 FPV Racing Drone with Crazybee F3 700TVL Cam improves performance & reduces friction & scuffing on smooth flat ground surfaces. I also share a couple of other minor  improvements in this video. Hope you find this rc whoover mod helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4acGZwXByo

Bad Raven

That's a neat and easy mod, Bill.

I am though surprised that a brushless machine is affected enough to be an issue by a little drag on smooth surfaces, not as much power available then as I expected.

What is the foam, soft polystyrene, it does not look like EPP?

I note the black coating is both sides, and the three layers are coated, hence the intermediate black lines. Don't know how easy to split apart (double sided tape or glue?), but removing that would save a little weight and gain lift power.  Personally I would have tried removing the bottom black tape completely!

I am running 3D printed as well as foam and also Depron and pizza/meat tray foam with 6mm brushed motors. 3D printed is generally the heaviest, and while it does not seem to limit acceleration or top speed, it does affect "braking", making the craft more likely to overshoot.  Smooth race turns (unlike the 180 flips you are doing) are a function of being able to lift off early enough to throw it sideways while still travelling initially in the same direction, then control throttle and steering to drift a smooth controlled turn entering wide and exiting tight to the course. I would expect your mod to put this level of control over drag on a knife edge.

I have actually roughened the underside of a couple of my depron foam ones slightly as after all, in normal "flight" they are clear of the ground so there IS no drag, and you do need consistend drag regardless of angular direction for full turn control.

P.S. Don't show this to my race competitors................