Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 00:53:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Sub 250gms Budget build or bnf?

Started by ched, Wednesday,October 17, 2018, 17:44:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ched

OK so Christmas is coming up, well OK it is a while off but with post from the far east taking a while I need to get stuff ordered relatively soon.

Looking to build or buy a bnf (FlySky) sub 250gms quad. It's easier to get funding if it's significantly different to my 5" Martian3  ::)

I don't have a big budget and will need batteries as well, so ideally all in about £150 but may be able to spend more if necessary.
I enjoy building and it would give me something to do over Christmas.
I am still learning so crashing quite a lot but I am enjoying just flying round starting to learn some acro manoeuvres.
I don't need ultimate speed or smoothness just something I can bash about.

So anyone any suggestions?

Cheers.

I try :-)

hoverfly

One of these might  do the job, the frame is very tough and has been "idiot tested" :embarrassed

https://www.electricwingman.com/airro-racing-quadcopter-builders-kit
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

ched

Slight change of tack. I decided that as winter is here and it might be quite a while before I can get out properly (work gets in the way) I would get something that I can fly indoors and round the garden.
So I ordered a Mobula7 https://goo.gl/edEoLW. Looks like it is getting great reviews and can be flown on 1S or 2S with a little 'adapter'.
Fingers crossed it will arrive by Xmas  ::)

trebor

Stop putting this stuff where I can see it, I got to have one now.

Ern Stock

Am awaiting arrival of m7 too.
Have ordered some batts from hobbyking (Europe) think they were £10 delivered for 5 x 260mah 2s or thereabouts.
There is the odd thing where they charge in $ but think it still around a tenner.
This might be a link
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-260mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack-5pcs.html

ched

Quote from: Ern Stock on Sunday,November 04, 2018, 19:33:53
Am awaiting arrival of m7 too.
Have ordered some batts from hobbyking (Europe) think they were £10 delivered for 5 x 260mah 2s or thereabouts.
There is the odd thing where they charge in $ but think it still around a tenner.
This might be a link
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-260mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack-5pcs.html
They are not bad. They will need battery adapter of some sort. They are not HV and are a bit heavy at 18.2gms. These https://amzn.to/2PCEGT7 are HV 250mA 6.3gms (14.6gms 2S inc adapter) and 1S but you get 4 for £9.49. So they hobbyKing ones are less than half price of the amazon ones!!! So might be worth a try.
Thanks

Ern Stock

Ya , if the HK batts are ok I'll just put a JST on the m7
( have had to do this on snapper 7 (1s) as the wee plugs n sockets started to fail )
Anyways ...... reckon you could get 5 of mobula 7 and still be sub 250g  !

ched

Quote from: trebor on Sunday,November 04, 2018, 08:31:36
Stop putting this stuff where I can see it, I got to have one now.
Sorry to have to do this but I have also ordered one of these as well https://goo.gl/UM2PFD  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) That's my £150 Christmas budget gone  ::) It does come with 1 battery so that will get me going  ::)
It may not be great components but for the price it seems great value. 720p 60hz recording!!!!
OK so if you look at the reviews back in March there was a big issue with jello. Well that's what it turned out to be the Beta testers (AndyRC, Albert Kim etc.) Albert found the camera element was lose in the housing. That has now been fined as has the dark camera. Plus motors upgraded to 1106 5200KV, from 1104 6000kv.
So flight wise it looks good, not the fastest and a little heavy but I could change the frame for a few quid when I break it  ::)

Looking forward to Christmas  ::)

trebor

I'm happy with my Gt-r90 all I need now is a new Fatshark module, that so far it's a toss up between Owl vs Furious fpv,s Achilles module. Can't make my mind up.

ched

Quote from: trebor on Tuesday,November 06, 2018, 07:55:24
I'm happy with my Gt-r90 all I need now is a new Fatshark module, that so far it's a toss up between Owl vs Furious fpv,s Achilles module. Can't make my mind up.
From the videos I have seen there is very much of a muchness. They all seem to have pluses and minuses.
I have seen some nice features on the Achilles module,well I think it was that one. It was on UAVFutures channel and Stu was using the 'find my drone' feature and it did work reasonably well. So might be worth comparing features?

trebor

I just spotted the Beta 75x  :o  Mind you it is over 40grams and flight time of 3 - 4 mins What flight time can you get from the Mobula 7 ?

ched

Quote from: trebor on Tuesday,November 06, 2018, 16:57:30
I just spotted the Beta 75x  :o  Mind you it is over 40grams and flight time of 3 - 4 mins What flight time can you get from the Mobula 7 ?
I did see the reviews of the Beta 75X and 65X and it seems great apart from 2 issues. 1 fixed camera angle, so might be difficult indoors and 2 cost, it's about 50% more than the Mobula!
It does seem to have more strength in the frame than the Mobula but I believe a Beta 75X frame will fit the components from the Mobula7.

I think flight times are similar. Nick Burns did a comparison '75x 65x Mobula7 Comparison' on youtube. It's worth watching!!!

trebor

I,m just watching one of his with the "Delrin hoop" featured.