Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 17:12:17

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Automated Race Control and Timing

Started by Bad Raven, Tuesday,October 02, 2018, 19:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Many will know I run an after school RC Club. This year we are concentrating on Whoovers (Tiny Whoov in the USA).

I tried Tiny Whoops last year but it was beyond the bulk of the 11-13 year olds.

When we were doing indoor RC Cars I gained a full race control system called iRace from a UK source. Used it for three years. Its possible to do during practise auto registration, auto allocation on times to heats (and finals), full audible output, auto speech announcer, bleep countdown start, etc.

This only needs a low power (time served!) PC laptop and IR senders/receivers. A system is approx £300 and extra transponders are £12 each.

I have just minimally modified a number of the Transponders and proved the system will work on 1S supply down to quad LVC.

I have also done a more stringent mod to one to reduce its weight from 3.4g to little over 1g. We have held one full race meeting for Whoovers on this system with no errors.

I know some more expensive quad FC's are being fitted with transponders but we are using the Eachine E010/JJRC H36 quad as a base for a one design class as this is available for sometimes under £10 with transmitter.

I also know there is also work taking place on lap counting by proximity sensing on the video frequency but as I understand it this is for ranged outdoor use, not tight indoor.

The purpose of this post is:-

1. To make people aware of the potential for using an iRace system for Indoor Quad/Hovercraft Racing.
2. To ask people wanting to arrange racing to express an interest in adopting this system

The UK maker and UK retailer are willing to consider tuning the system even more specifically but need an idea of take up for their efforts. I stress that at this stage the system would be for INDOOR use from a mains supply. They have had enquiry from elsewhere but no serious interest, and so I'm offering co-ordination.

I'm only a happy user with nothing to gain other than possibly an even better product!

Over to you...............................

Bad Raven

47 views, no comments!  :shrug:  ;D

I have now worked with the UK designer of the RC car transponders and we now have a micro 10x10x4mm unit weighing under 0.4g working well on test. This can be fitted INSIDE a standard E010/JJRC H36 65mm quad canopy looking out through a less than 4mm hole and using the std quad electronics.  Cost to be confirmed but likely under £12 per transponder.

This means there is the ability to automatically control and time races for Indoor close proximity LOS and FPV Quad and Whoover racing. I have yet to test outdoor operation, mainly as the (obsolete) laptop I use has a duff battery!

My system controls practise, allocation on time into heats, finals, audible announcements, best/average lap timing, etc