User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • VaNDAL_UK: ANyone FPV onver Sutton Park Birmingham?
    December 07, 2018, 12:54:30
  • steveo9007: Cheers Atom was just a thought for now as I plan on keeping it well in range until I get comfortable with controls and flying
    December 05, 2018, 21:01:25
  • atomiclama: steveo You can just plug a GPS puck into the FC and get the OSB to display the coords, record the VTX and when things go tits up you have the last known posistion. Whislt not accurate it is a good starting point. Or get the coords sent back by telemetry to you TX which will be more accurate as long as power is maintained to the quad and it is range with the TX. Just some thoughts.
    December 04, 2018, 12:27:26
  • steveo9007: Is there a post on here about the 433mhz telem tx ??
    December 04, 2018, 07:56:49
  • steveo9007: ok thanks shaw
    December 03, 2018, 20:31:44
  • shawdreamer: meanwhile the 433mhz telem option I mentioned gives you live fixes in realtime and not "delayed texts"..... plus it doesnt cost you credit everytime you request a gps fix (btw the tags sim card also needs to have credit on it :laugh:)
    December 02, 2018, 20:47:10
  • shawdreamer: and yes that does actually work..... I tried it for a laugh a couple of years ago ::)
    December 02, 2018, 20:45:09
  • shawdreamer: the tags do as you say use satellites to get positional fixes but they dont immediately report those fixes to an App, each tag requires a Sim card (same as your phone) which is used to "text" you the tags position..... in other words you could get the exact same effect by strapping a old smartphone to your frame with the google "where is my device" app installed
    December 02, 2018, 20:44:13
  • steveo9007: doesnt the tag communicate with the satellites and not via a data system, isn't it the user who owns the tag go via data to the app that can locate the tag ???
    December 02, 2018, 18:18:11
  • shawdreamer: plus, alot of the lower end trackers struggle with GPRS and often rely heavily on GSM data instead which is just not worth a sh1te when it comes to pinpointing a downed frame
    December 02, 2018, 16:23:30
  • shawdreamer: most readily available gps trackers are not really suitable for anything smaller than a 400 sized frame as the units themselves are often too bulky for anything smaller and larger frames often already have their own gps setups that can simply be outfitted with a 433mhz telem tx that would report live and accurate info direct to a ground station so there'd be no point in a sms type tracker
    December 02, 2018, 16:22:07
  • steveo9007: anybody fitted a GPS tracker tag to their drones if it gets lost and is need to find it
    December 02, 2018, 14:56:36
  • Gav: yeah too much of a hike for me too.  was tempted with the bike show the other week but TBH its not worth it - no bargains anymore and rip off parking
    November 29, 2018, 20:11:21
  • Bad Raven: Too far for me.
    November 29, 2018, 08:27:36
  • hoverfly: Sunday drone show , N.E.C.  anybody   going.??
    November 28, 2018, 18:36:04
  • Bajadre: Congrats DB brother  !!!
    November 25, 2018, 03:09:56
  • hoverfly: I wish i haden't eaten a whole ham and egg pie........ pass the Rennies.. :cry
    November 21, 2018, 17:23:37
  • ched999uk: Don't yo just hate those days where you wish you never got up!!!!!!
    November 21, 2018, 15:46:06
  • Reman: Isn't it a spooky coincidense how seconds before banggood have a sale nearly all the prices of the on sale items go up, But the discount drops the price back to the pre sale prices?
    November 21, 2018, 05:46:29
  • DarkButterfly: Certainly hard work but well worth it ::)
    November 19, 2018, 22:19:02

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Me playing the drums  (Read 171 times)

Offline Two-Six

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 369
  • Have I had my biscuites yet?
Me playing the drums
« on: September 30, 2018, 10:27:59 »
This is very of topic.I have just uploaded a video of me playing drums in a band I was in called Wickstead, back in 2004. 

Its taken me 14 years to upload it on that stupid dial up connection I had back then....  :blink

Better late than never eh?

Actually after watching it I bet some of you might think it would have been better if it never got an airing in the first place.

Here ya go, enjoy.

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Offline Graham Lawrie

• Liked: 18
Re: Me playing the drums
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 18:34:31 »
At 24:58 to 25:00 you change the beat on the ride cymbal? :nananana: Drummer also :evil

Just bought my first electronic kit after 37 years of acoustic.
Really enjoyed your post:)

Offline Two-Six

• Liked: 369
  • Have I had my biscuites yet?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 19:32:31 »
Thanks Graham :-)
I would love an electronic kit.  If I ever win the lottery.....
One thing about drums is that they are so LOUD, being able to play at night and mix in tunes to play along to in headphones must be a great thing indeed.
I still play regularly and try to practice things that I can't do and focus on the boring technical things like proper rolls, para-diddles, playing to a metronome and what not. I think I play better now than I did 14 years ago. I also like to think that my neighbors like my drumming.... :shrug:  I could be wrong about that but I haven't had any of them coming round with a hammer for a very long time.
I have been learning how to use double bass drum pedals in the last year or two.  I am getting to be "almost convincing" with them at the moment hehe...
I just had to get over the shock of my left foot making bass drum noises.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 644
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:42:16 »
I also like to think that my neighbours like my drumming.... :shrug:  I could be wrong about that but I haven't had any of them coming round with a hammer for a very long time.

Probably all deaf now?  :whistling:

::)

Had some neighbours that were pretty deaf............... we had to like their television choice.  Luckily they were too old for sex.  :blink