Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 01:32:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Mini Talon

Started by ManInaShed, Wednesday,September 26, 2018, 22:40:17

Previous topic - Next topic

ManInaShed

Since getting a wing,I must admit multi's have taken a back seat.
My next slow payday by payday build is coming along.

Around £45 pound so cheap as chipsSunnysky 1200kv motor which was under £20 if I remember correctly.
The ESC (40amp)and servo's (metal 9g)came from a bag of bits given to me.
The monthly gaps between parts added has forced me to spend a little more time with cosmetics.
Seeing has the shape is based on the Reaper Drone.And more importantly I had some grey under coat in the shed.A military colour scheme was chosen.

I wrapped the wings in Solarfilm hoping for some protection.As a fixed wing noob and the bashing my wing took.I was expecting something a little more substantial.Maybe more experienced pilots can advise me on wing coverings for later builds.
As for applying the film a clothes iron did the trick and i'm reasonably happy for a first attempt.

The flight controller is a Matek 405wing (dead easy to configure on INAV and wire up.
For orientation help a couple of  Flytron strobes(if there is a brighter LED on the market i'd love too know) on the nose and tail.
Reading a few forum posts damage too the nose and rear lower tail can be a problem.
If my wing flying is anything to go by I decided a bit of carbon wrap/epoxy would out weigh any signal loss it may cause.
Another pause in the build waiting for pay day so a couple of servo's were bodged with odds n sods for a pan n tilt FPV camera.Resistors were added and the stop pin on the servo gears removed for a wider pan(It will do a 360 if the servo is adjusted in INAV config).
To be honest I can't see this surviving more than one or two of my landings ::)

I was thinking of installing the FrSky X8R.
But the £35 Frsky UHF module and R9mini offer came along.
So now it's still awaiting a maiden while I get to grips with the ongoing development of the OpenTX flex software.
And saving up for the recommended 4-5kmah batt :blink.
I do have a slightly puffy  3.6 3S that I may use just for a quick up and down flight.
To be honest I'm a bit nervous.
Going from a 800mm wing to a 1200mm Vtial am I taking a risk?

atomiclama

Nice one. Mine still in it's box in the garage :rolleyes:
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Dave@F.P.heaVen

Looking good ~~

I had a full size Talon but it had an unplanned landing that didn't end well :cry

I keep meaning to build a mini but I have so many things part built and I really don't want to start another build till those are finished.

ManInaShed

At the moment nowt is flying .Nicked the cam from the 250 quad to test the Talon gimbal .And the tri copter is minus an FC that was donated to the quad. :shrug:
I need a whoop so at least I get some flying hours in  :laugh: