User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • yama: contemplating a mavic 2 zoom?? i have always been anti dji normally...
    October 15, 2018, 09:16:27
  • hoverfly: Typical.... lazy sods. spin them up. ::)
    October 13, 2018, 19:52:31
  • atomiclama: I've some 5 inch 3D props doing nowt.
    October 12, 2018, 19:53:07
  • Gav: a 6" 3D Prop Shop
    October 12, 2018, 19:22:08
  • Wyntrblue: Anyone know where to get 6” 3D props?
    October 12, 2018, 19:08:49
  • atomiclama: How are they going to prove otherwise?
    October 12, 2018, 13:25:23
  • atomiclama: Think I'll put a 25mW sticker on mine. also a stick that says quad is limited to 399ft. I'll also put something on my tx stating 25mW. Sorted everyone happy  ::)
    October 12, 2018, 13:24:21
  • Bad Raven: I think a lot of us will have seen the published (leaked) training instructions to police officers on FPV, which was both incomplete and incorrect. Only the Little Hitler types will be comfortable treading any of that path!
    October 12, 2018, 07:08:58
  • Bajadre: I dont it reman unless he had a good bit fo drone knowledge ive shown my drone to a officer whi was interested before and all he said i like the green props haha
    October 12, 2018, 01:54:03
  • Andy7: They'll call in the flying squad on you
    October 11, 2018, 20:54:44
  • hoverfly: Don't think they would have done until they read your post... :laugh:
    October 10, 2018, 19:58:44
  • Reman: Thought for the day - If a knowledgeable police officer stopped you and saw that you had a "600mW" VTX on your quad he'll get funny about it, But would even a VERY knowledgeable officer know what they were looking at if the same VTX had a professional looking label under the heat shrink that proclaimed that the VTX was in fact a 25mW unit?  :hmm:
    October 10, 2018, 18:16:41
  • atomiclama: FrSky R9M Module and R9MM Receiver just been shipped. Yeay.... nothing flying at the mo to put it in though  ::)
    October 08, 2018, 09:43:41
  • Bajadre: i still pop on too see what you crazy guys are up too haha :)
    October 06, 2018, 06:43:09
  • atomiclama: Still here, Only just.......
    October 05, 2018, 13:41:07
  • Wyntrblue: I’m still here. Spent today whooping round the house too. It being decidedly too cold to go outside to fly now
    September 30, 2018, 19:15:16
  • ched999uk: Did the Big Fly-Up #6 happen? No one has posted anything today!!!!
    September 29, 2018, 21:25:47
  • atomiclama: Nothing to see here, move along now
    September 28, 2018, 16:09:24
  • hoverfly: Only the Moribund Flyers.. ::)...
    September 27, 2018, 19:05:46
  • Gav: anyone still alive out there
    September 27, 2018, 17:19:11

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Show us your rates!!!  (Read 197 times)

Offline ched999uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 634
Show us your rates!!!
« on: September 23, 2018, 20:54:37 »
OK so rates are a personal thing but I was wondering how much peoples rates differ.
So what are your rates and what type of flying do you do?

Pitch/Roll    RC Rate:2.03     Super:0.51   Max Vel 1006 Degs     RCExpo 0.0 
YAW           RC Rate 1.0       Super 0.70   Max Vel 666               RC Expo 0.10

I am learning and was finding standard rates needed too much stick movement. I am mainly just flying at low level round a football pitch with goals (small toy ones) as my targets  ::)

Offline UrbanFPV

• Liked: 92
Re: Show us your rates!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:43:34 »
My current rates are close to Stingys rates.  They're for freestyle, but are nimble enough to do gates.  I've had to reduce them a bit for use with the X-Lite

RC Rate 0.9
Super 0.8
RC Expo 0.3/0.2 (pitchroll/yaw)
Setpoint Weight 1.05-1.1
Setpoint Transition 0.4

Talon SVX
Tyrant S 215
Aurora 90
GEPRC Sparrow (Mo Sparah)
Chameleon Ti
Mavic Pro
QX7s
Aomway Commanders
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9rqz1V6XIaU3xikNDzjKg

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1342
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:53:56 »
Some historical information that you may find interesting (or not) mate:

Tradionaly we only had rate (now RCrate) and expo o; the flight controller.
Rate created a diagonal straight line, regardles of where the stick was, the same amount of movement on the stick gave you the same ammount of change of aspect. This by its self is pretty nasty to fly and expo was always (apart from one pilot I know) included on stock
Expo changes the line to the curve we all use

Now expo on the F.C. software is very basic, it just makes the curve more or less pronounced.
Expo could also be applied on the radio. This had far more control, instead of just more or less pronounced you could set multiple points on the curve, giving far better control of the shape and depth of the curve

Betaflight then introduced super rate (s rate) which is only applied to 5e stick end, creating a curve without expo (it was suggested on the rcgroups bf thread at the time, that s-rate would replace expo). This curve can then be further manipulated with expo

Rates are of course personal but then so is flying style, as a general rule some thing about the curve are of benefit to certain flying styles -

Flat mid throttle - makes centre stick smooth, generally good for long smooth sweeping lines, but makes top and bottom of stick less granular
The opposite gives you much better granularity away from centre stick, but tends to make centre stick less smooth

You pick the balance between the two that suits your flying style and makes you comfortable. You only find this from trial and error, there isn’t a right answer

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 18:25:29 »
You pick the balance between the two that suits your flying style and makes you comfortable. You only find this from trial and error, there isn’t a right answer
Very true 'no right answer' just interesting to see what others found best for them.

I will have to look at Setpoint Weight and Setpoint Transition. I vaguely remember a Josh vid about them but it didn't really make sense at the time. Hopefully know I understand 'the feel' I might get the idea :-)

Offline daich

• Liked: 60
  • crash. build.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 13:16:01 »
I fly with really low rates
Pitch/Roll RC Rate:2.07    Super 0.00  RC Expo 0.75
YAW            RC Rate 1.75   Super 0.00  RC Expo 0.75

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 15:52:44 »
I think I have discovered one of my flying issues  ::)
I had control issues where my fingers just couldn't produce the small movements requires so for the last, probably 12 months, I have been pinching the sticks as I then have enough control.
BUT I have just discovered why I was having to use almost linear rates. When pinching I couldn't really move the sticks towards the ends of their travel.

So last night, on Velocidrone, I set rates back to almost standard and tried to thumb the sticks.
WOW so much easier to get flips and rolls as my thumbs can get to the end of stick travel  ::)

So I believe that pinching has helped me achieve fine finger control but to get enough movement on the sticks I need to thumb.
Looks like lots of Velocidrone practice  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 338
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 17:59:48 »
I think I have discovered one of my flying issues  ::)
I had control issues where my fingers just couldn't produce the small movements requires so for the last, probably 12 months, I have been pinching the sticks as I then have enough control.
BUT I have just discovered why I was having to use almost linear rates. When pinching I couldn't really move the sticks towards the ends of their travel.

So last night, on Velocidrone, I set rates back to almost standard and tried to thumb the sticks.
WOW so much easier to get flips and rolls as my thumbs can get to the end of stick travel  ::)

So I believe that pinching has helped me achieve fine finger control but to get enough movement on the sticks I need to thumb.
Looks like lots of Velocidrone practice  ::) ::) ::)

Cool! It’s funny how little things like that make a difference. I’m a thumbs guy myself but I know a lot of people use a hybrid grip where you pinch for fine control but use thumbs to get to stick ends. Apparently... A guy I fly with is a sucker for details like this, I think it’s more about doing whatever feels most comfortable although I do think thumbers tend to be ever so slightly more jerky with fine stick inputs - I definitely am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk