User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: beararsedcheek... :laugh:
    September 18, 2018, 18:42:15
  • Bad Raven: or bearreft, or bear left?
    September 17, 2018, 14:21:16
  • Bad Raven: or isnotherebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:30
  • Bad Raven: more like doesnotcarebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:07
  • Gav: carebear?
    September 17, 2018, 11:37:44
  • atomiclama: you there bear??
    September 15, 2018, 11:42:45
  • Reman: Got stuck in traffic yesterday. After an hour I started using my phone (And an OTG cable) to look through the media files on a keyring of my old USB sticks. Found one that had the entire run of "Firefly" on it. I got through 3 episodes before the traffic started moving again....... God, That really was an amazing show.
    September 14, 2018, 19:52:46
  • Gav: ok dude
    September 08, 2018, 16:40:59
  • mo_miah: Gav- if its a camera ship then TBS crossfire is definitely what you need, the FrSky has limited channels and telemetry options, TBS crossfire has much better features and more channels to control camera gimbals etc
    September 07, 2018, 11:53:01
  • Gav: mo miah - wanna swap from immertionRC UHF and try something else on my camera Ship.
    September 07, 2018, 11:25:40
  • DarkButterfly: My laminate arrived, the rebuild is coming along ~~
    September 06, 2018, 20:00:44
  • hoverfly: I coated a couple of Slipstreams  a few years ago  It stiffened up the wing nicely .On the down side although it prevented dings when i had an high speed"arrival" it left the resin cracked. and the glass lifted slightly.  Well stuck laminate stiffens the wing and is flexible..
    September 06, 2018, 18:26:13
  • DarkButterfly: I'm doing laminate, just put my order in for some, also got some balsa wood for the side parts, had to use a kitchen knife to seperate the foam from the busted wood
    September 05, 2018, 13:21:11
  • atomiclama: Thanks, can't decide on fibre glass or laminate. Like the idea of fibre for some reason, don't know why.
    September 05, 2018, 10:45:48
  • Bad Raven: Usng PolyC, yes
    September 05, 2018, 10:13:54
  • atomiclama: Anyone fibre glass coat their wings??
    September 05, 2018, 09:30:22
  • atomiclama: @DB well you obviously need a bigger motor and ESC, as flying slower is just not possible.  ::)
    September 05, 2018, 09:29:59
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    September 05, 2018, 09:10:18
  • hoverfly: If you put a couple of coats of Eze Kote on the wing before the laminate it sticks really well ..no lifting.. :smiley:
    September 05, 2018, 08:47:37
  • DarkButterfly: If it makes you feel better, I’m going to completely refurbish my falcon Evo with new balsa sides and new laminate ~~
    September 04, 2018, 21:42:53

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Looking for a nice small quad  (Read 389 times)

Offline trebor

• Old boy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 122
Looking for a nice small quad
« on: September 01, 2018, 13:39:11 »
As title but something I could fly in an indoor bomb shelter type hanger + outside as well. I have a an Eachine e010 which is a bit gutlass and a small 140 quad but this would punch a hole in the roof. Somthing like a de - tuned 130 maximum size would do, any suggestions welcome  ~~ Anyone got one of those Vifly r130 or Diatone gt- r90 ?

Offline Reman

• Liked: 192
  • Fly, Crash, Rebuild, Repeat.
Re: Looking for a nice small quad
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 23:22:26 »
Couldn't you fit some prop guards to the 140 and play with the throttle curve to make it less jumpy around mid stick?

Have you done anything to the E010? If you've fitted an F3 board in it you might be better off getting an E011 and transferring the FC across to that. These use 7mm motors rather than the 6mm motors on the E010. If you dump the little lego man it's got a reasonable amount of power for a brushed indoor quad. It's also pokey enough to lift an AIO FPV cam, but it's flight time's usually going to be down to under 2 minutes with that.

I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Offline trebor

• Old boy
  • Liked: 122
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 07:10:19 »
I think i will leave the e010 alone, that gt-r90 looks nice its even got bumpers.

Offline Dave@F.P.heaVen

• Liked: 5
  • You win, gravity
    • F.P.heaVen
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 13:47:56 »
Ive got a GTR-90 and its a seriously powerful little quad in as much as when you fly it FPV, you forget how small it really is. Ive not flown it LOS and to be honest I wouldn't want too as you couldn't use it to its full potential.

CurryKitten reviewed one a little while ago....

https://www.fpvhub.com/index.php/topic,52750.0.html

I know someone who has the ViFly R130 and that too is far from tame.

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 69
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 14:15:14 »
the UR65 is a great brushless whoop class micro, same size a the E010 but more power and has an FPV cam with BF OSD
its only about £70, the batterys are cheap as it runs on the 1s 250mah sticks, FrSky and FlySky versions available
safe to use indoors in angle mode
definately getting one for the dark cold months ahead

Offline Reman

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 06:19:09 »
the UR65 is a great brushless whoop class micro, same size a the E010 but more power and has an FPV cam with BF OSD
its only about £70, the batterys are cheap as it runs on the 1s 250mah sticks, FrSky and FlySky versions available
safe to use indoors in angle mode
definately getting one for the dark cold months ahead

Or there's the "Flag printed" versions that are on offer at the minute for just under 55 Quid with 3 batteries and slightly higher KV motors.....
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-US65-UK65-65mm-Whoop-FPV-Racing-Drone-BNF-Crazybee-F3-Flight-Controller-OSD-6A-Blheli_S-ESC-p-1339561.html

I REALLY don't need any more quads at the moment, But I've ordered one anyway to see what they're like (Oh the joys of being single and not having to validate expenditures to anyone else.  ::) )
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Offline Sweet Pickle

• Liked: 147
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 06:34:28 »
These Snapper/U65 variant quads are all the same under the bonnet.
They have had some good reviews but my experience has been really bad.
The canopy arrived damaged on mine. 3 of the nylon screws were broke and that was just out of the box. The chassis broke on about the 3rd battery.
Within a week or so 2 of the Happyshopper motors had died, and after I managed to get a new set esc #4 on the F/C died rendering that useless.
In a nutshell my "snapper 6" is like Triggers broom, 2 new motors, a new canopy, new chassis, new screws and stand offs and a new flight controller.

All that remains is the original camera and VTX combo (which is dire in low or even lowISH light) and 2 motors in my spares box.

Oh, and I couldn't get the 3 battery and charger combo pack but the single HV lipo that came with it arrived puffed. 

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 69
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:43 »
These Snapper/U65 variant quads are all the same under the bonnet.
They have had some good reviews but my experience has been really bad.
The canopy arrived damaged on mine. 3 of the nylon screws were broke and that was just out of the box. The chassis broke on about the 3rd battery.
Within a week or so 2 of the Happyshopper motors had died, and after I managed to get a new set esc #4 on the F/C died rendering that useless.
In a nutshell my "snapper 6" is like Triggers broom, 2 new motors, a new canopy, new chassis, new screws and stand offs and a new flight controller.

All that remains is the original camera and VTX combo (which is dire in low or even lowISH light) and 2 motors in my spares box.

Oh, and I couldn't get the 3 battery and charger combo pack but the single HV lipo that came with it arrived puffed.

I've read the snapper6/7 with the aluminium frame breaks very easily
the UR65 seems to be much better and gets better reviews compared to the snapper6/7

would really love an ET100/115/125 but i need osd for battery voltage

Offline Sweet Pickle

• Liked: 147
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 16:37:25 »
TBH the sturdiness of the frame is questionable, but it's the same guts in all models and the motors and FC are the real kicker.
Cost me more to rebuild than it would to buy another.
Point is I now have a BetaFPV FC which didn't have an RX so had to factor in a XM RX, that was £33 for both. New set of Motors £30. BetaFPV chasis £7, Canopy £5. Why I just didn't buy a BetaFPV "Whoop" is anyones guess. This hobby makes you do dumb stuff.

Was I just unlucky or is that a shopping list of poor Q.S?

Offline Reman

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 08:04:49 »
Or there's the "Flag printed" versions that are on offer at the minute for just under 55 Quid with 3 batteries and slightly higher KV motors.....
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-US65-UK65-65mm-Whoop-FPV-Racing-Drone-BNF-Crazybee-F3-Flight-Controller-OSD-6A-Blheli_S-ESC-p-1339561.html

I REALLY don't need any more quads at the moment, But I've ordered one anyway to see what they're like (Oh the joys of being single and not having to validate expenditures to anyone else.  ::) )

Getting very close to canceling this order. I chose the US flag version because it was listed as "Ships in 24 hours", but in my order details it instantly came up as being backordered (Despite still saying it was in stock on the main page for the 15 to 20 minutes I was checking !!!!). I thought "Oh well, it's only 11 days until they'll ship it. It's annoying, but it happens".

I checked this morning and found the UK flag version is now in stock, but the expected arrival (To them, not me) for the US flag one has jumped up by another 10 Days to the 26th. I tried to get them to change it to the UK one via the live chat, but the person I was communicating with didn't seem to have enough English to follow what I was requesting. In the end they said they'll do what they can, But strangely, I'm not particularly convinced that anything's going to be done. iI they haven't changed it by tomorrow morning I'll just cancel the order.

As I said, I don't actually need this quad, It would be nice to get one to have a play with, But I'm not going to lose any sleep over not getting one if they won't move the goalposts in MY direction just this once.

EDIT :- I decided to give the live chat one last go, And after about 15 minutes I finally got across to them what I wanted to happen......... And was told that I needed to make the request via Email.

WTF !?!?! We were communicating via fecking computers, Why isn't a chat transcript (Generated from a page I can only get to with my BangGood logon details) enough proof that it was me who authorised the change, Why should I need to Email someone and have the same broken english back and forth conversation with them again while they try to not feck up doing what I'm asking?

They said that sending the email was the only avenue open to me......... WRONG ! I've just canceled the order.

Shame really, Up until the recent string of little problems that they've been unwilling to help me with (Mainly DOA items that they haven't wanted to replace) I've been quite a happy BangGood customer. Their new "Obstructional behaviour" tactic is quite likely to have an impact on future orders from me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 17:50:28 by Reman »