Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 22:44:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

which usb wires for av out?

Started by tipsy trucker, Sunday,August 26, 2018, 10:18:32

Previous topic - Next topic

tipsy trucker

Micro usb that is - I have a hd gopro clone kinda thing that I'll use to start out with, I see that the micro usb can be used for the video out - my vtx is the solder on sort so I'll just hack up an old phone data wire. From memory, the 5vdc is almost always red and black in these cables but which wires go where to connect the AV?

hoverfly

Be very careful with wire colours on  lots of imported kit  they have no relevance, always check with a multimeter.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

tipsy trucker

I would do, as a matter of course as much as anything else

My electronic knowledge doesn't go much beyond that though, I can solder, take measurements and find broken wires/ bad earths etc (I used to be a mechanic) but I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to figuring out which three go where for the AV out, hence the question

Come to think of it, the camera also has a tiny hdmi out if that would be better/easier?

ched

hdmi is digital and almost all vtx are analogue so not compatible.

As for the pin outs that is a tricky one. There are a number of different methods used to get video out for different brands and models. Have a search for usb to video connectors for your specific camera and see if anyone is listing the pin outs or selling a specific cable.
I think sometimes the cables have resistors in to 'tell' the camera to output video on the usb.

I bought a cable for my sj4000 and it works fine apart from having to select video out every time you power the camera on!!!
I try :-)

tipsy trucker

ah :banghead: I really thought that'd be pretty straight forward. More googling then.

Thanks again mate  ~~

ched

Quote from: tipsy trucker on Sunday,August 26, 2018, 14:46:27
ah :banghead: I really thought that'd be pretty straight forward. More googling then.

Thanks again mate  ~~
Welcome to the 'fun' and often frustrating world of multi rotors  ::)

One thing, as others have said NEVER assume colours are correct!!! I have known red to be 0v and black to be +ve voltage!! Some manufacturers don't bother with 'normal' colours and seem to use what ever they had kicking about!!! So always check and double check.

Plus the VERY important rule PROPS OFF when working on multi rotor. Lots of people have been hurt by spinning props that 'shouldn't have spun!'.

tipsy trucker

Quote from: ched999uk on Sunday,August 26, 2018, 14:51:43
Plus the VERY important rule PROPS OFF when working on multi rotor. Lots of people have been hurt by spinning props that 'shouldn't have spun!'.

I will do...... but the post feels like it's taking forever  :waiting: I'm the proud owner of a flight controller with nothing to fly  :frantic: no motors, props, frame, esc's, nothing  :cry

tipsy trucker

Quote from: ched999uk on Sunday,August 26, 2018, 12:52:21
I bought a cable for my sj4000 and it works fine apart from having to select video out every time you power the camera on!!!

I've just looked the sj4000 up, mine's a national geographic action camera but it's exactly the same  :hmm: once you got the cable, does it pretty much sort itself out when you plug it in? I know mine asks "disc drive" or "PC cam" which sounds a lot like what you were saying but apart from that I mean?

ched

When I plug it in nothing happens. I have to go into a menu and select av out. Unfortunately as soon as you power it off it forgets that you wanted av out! So you have to do it each time you go to fly.
I also added a dedicated 5v regulator to charge the battery of the camera so it's always charged.

So I would guess you could have a look at your menu on the camera to see if it does av out.

tipsy trucker

Not that I can see, I assumed the pc cam bit did that. Maybe I'm better off finding one that'll definitely work