User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • VaNDAL_UK: ANyone FPV onver Sutton Park Birmingham?
    December 07, 2018, 12:54:30
  • steveo9007: Cheers Atom was just a thought for now as I plan on keeping it well in range until I get comfortable with controls and flying
    December 05, 2018, 21:01:25
  • atomiclama: steveo You can just plug a GPS puck into the FC and get the OSB to display the coords, record the VTX and when things go tits up you have the last known posistion. Whislt not accurate it is a good starting point. Or get the coords sent back by telemetry to you TX which will be more accurate as long as power is maintained to the quad and it is range with the TX. Just some thoughts.
    December 04, 2018, 12:27:26
  • steveo9007: Is there a post on here about the 433mhz telem tx ??
    December 04, 2018, 07:56:49
  • steveo9007: ok thanks shaw
    December 03, 2018, 20:31:44
  • shawdreamer: meanwhile the 433mhz telem option I mentioned gives you live fixes in realtime and not "delayed texts"..... plus it doesnt cost you credit everytime you request a gps fix (btw the tags sim card also needs to have credit on it :laugh:)
    December 02, 2018, 20:47:10
  • shawdreamer: and yes that does actually work..... I tried it for a laugh a couple of years ago ::)
    December 02, 2018, 20:45:09
  • shawdreamer: the tags do as you say use satellites to get positional fixes but they dont immediately report those fixes to an App, each tag requires a Sim card (same as your phone) which is used to "text" you the tags position..... in other words you could get the exact same effect by strapping a old smartphone to your frame with the google "where is my device" app installed
    December 02, 2018, 20:44:13
  • steveo9007: doesnt the tag communicate with the satellites and not via a data system, isn't it the user who owns the tag go via data to the app that can locate the tag ???
    December 02, 2018, 18:18:11
  • shawdreamer: plus, alot of the lower end trackers struggle with GPRS and often rely heavily on GSM data instead which is just not worth a sh1te when it comes to pinpointing a downed frame
    December 02, 2018, 16:23:30
  • shawdreamer: most readily available gps trackers are not really suitable for anything smaller than a 400 sized frame as the units themselves are often too bulky for anything smaller and larger frames often already have their own gps setups that can simply be outfitted with a 433mhz telem tx that would report live and accurate info direct to a ground station so there'd be no point in a sms type tracker
    December 02, 2018, 16:22:07
  • steveo9007: anybody fitted a GPS tracker tag to their drones if it gets lost and is need to find it
    December 02, 2018, 14:56:36
  • Gav: yeah too much of a hike for me too.  was tempted with the bike show the other week but TBH its not worth it - no bargains anymore and rip off parking
    November 29, 2018, 20:11:21
  • Bad Raven: Too far for me.
    November 29, 2018, 08:27:36
  • hoverfly: Sunday drone show , N.E.C.  anybody   going.??
    November 28, 2018, 18:36:04
  • Bajadre: Congrats DB brother  !!!
    November 25, 2018, 03:09:56
  • hoverfly: I wish i haden't eaten a whole ham and egg pie........ pass the Rennies.. :cry
    November 21, 2018, 17:23:37
  • ched999uk: Don't yo just hate those days where you wish you never got up!!!!!!
    November 21, 2018, 15:46:06
  • Reman: Isn't it a spooky coincidense how seconds before banggood have a sale nearly all the prices of the on sale items go up, But the discount drops the price back to the pre sale prices?
    November 21, 2018, 05:46:29
  • DarkButterfly: Certainly hard work but well worth it ::)
    November 19, 2018, 22:19:02

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 84
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Another Wing...  (Read 397 times)

Offline hoverfly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1227
  • Quads, lots of quads
Another Wing...
« on: August 20, 2018, 12:22:34 »
Flyingwings  Genesis ready for maiden tomorrow. Getting it trimmed up, then the Guardian comes off and a           Matek FC405  OR  Matek FC411 goes on.. as soon as i can remember where  i put the pitot tube and gps.. :whistling
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline atomiclama

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Liked: 804
  • Uhh! What's that then, Oh! new project.
Re: Another Wing...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 13:07:28 »
Love the PDB  ::)

How many wings do you have now?
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline hoverfly

• Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 14:44:50 »
So far  3 Ravens, 1 Hornet, 1 Falcon Evo,  1  WRA Racespec  built out of spec, also produced as the Raven Radical..
and the Genesis.. The Slipstreams sadly have died due to total abuse.. ::)  The P.D.B. is so when i fit the other f.p.v,  flight controller, G.P.S.  I can do it without f/king around.
There might be another  Raven Radical shortly as i have found  a loony motor for it. :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 15:12:24 by hoverfly »
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

Offline apollo7

• Liked: 734
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 17:15:56 »
So far  3 Ravens, 1 Hornet, 1 Falcon Evo,  1  WRA Racespec  built out of spec, also produced as the Raven Radical..
and the Genesis.. The Slipstreams sadly have died due to total abuse.. ::)  The P.D.B. is so when i fit the other f.p.v,  flight controller, G.P.S.  I can do it without f/king around.
There might be another  Raven Radical shortly as i have found  a loony motor for it. :smiley:

Lots of wings.....so far i have C1 chaser with Guardian (best ever wing, just love flying it), 2x wing wing Z84`s both grounded, rainbow 800 grounded (in repair bay) started to build the second Eashine blackwing 680, this is MK2 turbo bat, will have a guardian fitted, waiting for a Reptile S800 V2 to arrive, guess what....eagle tree guardian, and i have a JP-SI 48 slope wing but going to sell it as i now have a Dream flight wiesel for the slope
DJI P3......home build AQ600....Ranger 1600...2x Wing wing Z84....Wildthing 46 in build
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 644
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:23:28 »
Oh Dear, are we listing Wings now? .............. fatal ............................. OK only parallel or chevron or delta Wings and only those currently flying.

Slipstream Custom, Extreme Power
Slipstream Custom, Power, FPV
Slipstream Custom, Slope
Slipstream Custom, Dynamic Soaring
Buzz Custom, Slope
Buzz Custom, Power
Buzz Lightning Custom, Slope
Buzz Lightning Custom, Power
Dreamflight Alula Mk1
Dreamflight Alula Mk1
Pteryx, Scratchbuilt, Slope
Hawk, Slope
Zulu, Slope
Penetrator, Scratchbuilt, Slope
Heavy Metal, Power
SAS WildThing
Forked Lightning, Scratchbuilt, Slope
JW60, Dynamic Soaring
Sting, Scratchbuilt, Power
SuperFly, Power
HyperFlea, Power
SuperFlea Custom, Power
SuperFlea Custom, Power
Firefly, Power (Indoor Combat)
Firefly, Power, Gyro (Indoor/Outdoor, used for try it sessions)
Firefly, Power, Night (full lighting)
Raven, Power, Night (full lighting)
Simple Delta, Power
Pteryx Prototype, Slope, (with leading edge camber changing connected to elevons)
Surfer, Power  (Has a surfer figure on a surfboard "wing")
Six various unnamed own designs, Power (Indoor/Outdoor)

Does a ME 163 count as a Wing??

Customs often started as a set of FlyingWings foam blanks, with extensive changes inc airfoil reshaping, much larger Elevons, differing fins, front pod, etc.  I have several sets of foam blanks cut and stored, inc three Slipstream, two Buzz Lightning, etc

I won't list the currently resting/unfinished....................   :lipsrsealed

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 644
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 07:29:21 »
Damn, forgot:-

Rasp, Power
FireFly Night, Power (full lighting)

:rolleyes:

Offline atomiclama

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:21:52 »
Where the hell do you keep that lot  :o :laugh:
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline hoverfly

• Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 08:49:45 »
Where the hell do you keep that lot  :o :laugh:

The Falcon Evo sits on top of the 3d printer , with the race wing on top, the Ravens are stacked vertically on the chest of draws with the quads in front to stop them sliding off, the Hornet has fallen off the chest of draws and is wedged between it and a wall but it's quite happy.. The Genesis hasn't found a permanent slot yet but has been living in a corner that is stacked with camera/lens bag and assorted other debris.
The planks wings are in a rack made from 1 inch nylon webbing hanging  on the wall.
I sleep on a small pile of straw in the corner. :smiley:

Offline hoverfly

• Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 08:54:15 »
Oh Dear, are we listing Wings now? .............. fatal ............................. OK only parallel or chevron or delta Wings and only those currently flying.

Slipstream Custom, Extreme Power
Slipstream Custom, Power, FPV
Slipstream Custom, Slope
Slipstream Custom, Dynamic Soaring
Buzz Custom, Slope
Buzz Custom, Power
Buzz Lightning Custom, Slope
Buzz Lightning Custom, Power
Dreamflight Alula Mk1
Dreamflight Alula Mk1
Pteryx, Scratchbuilt, Slope
Hawk, Slope
Zulu, Slope
Penetrator, Scratchbuilt, Slope
Heavy Metal, Power
SAS WildThing
Forked Lightning, Scratchbuilt, Slope
JW60, Dynamic Soaring
Sting, Scratchbuilt, Power
SuperFly, Power
HyperFlea, Power
SuperFlea Custom, Power
SuperFlea Custom, Power
Firefly, Power (Indoor Combat)
Firefly, Power, Gyro (Indoor/Outdoor, used for try it sessions)
Firefly, Power, Night (full lighting)
Raven, Power, Night (full lighting)
Simple Delta, Power
Pteryx Prototype, Slope, (with leading edge camber changing connected to elevons)
Surfer, Power  (Has a surfer figure on a surfboard "wing")
Six various unnamed own designs, Power (Indoor/Outdoor)

Does a ME 163 count as a Wing??

Customs often started as a set of FlyingWings foam blanks, with extensive changes inc airfoil reshaping, much larger Elevons, differing fins, front pod, etc.  I have several sets of foam blanks cut and stored, inc three Slipstream, two Buzz Lightning, etc

I won't list the currently resting/unfinished....................   :lipsrsealed
  Greedy or lucky ...Just can't decide.. :hmm: So all you need now is  a couple of  Raven Radicals.. :nananana:

Offline atomiclama

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:15 »
I sleep on a small pile of straw in the corner. :smiley:

Glad to see you have your priorities right.
Wasdale X, Ow that hurt

Offline hoverfly

• Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 16:38:12 »
Maidened the Genesis,  :o :o.. 3/4 throttle and a side arm lob and off it went.. Err that was it, no trim adjust,  tried full throttle  went almost vertical. Throttle off glide with odd dab of down when going into wind it was gusty and greased it in dead stick. Running it on a 3000/3cell with a 2205/2550kv  motor with a 5/4.8/3. prop which looks a bit lost on the airframe but is well up to the job. I forgot to time subsequent  flights but  it  was only down to 65% when i finished. :smiley:

Offline apollo7

• Liked: 734
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2018, 08:29:26 »
They seem to multiply  :embarrassed
Mk2 and now Mk3 Batwings<br /><br /><br />short poem on rain<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />can you get full coverage on a rebuilt title<br /><br /><br />
DJI P3......home build AQ600....Ranger 1600...2x Wing wing Z84....Wildthing 46 in build
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground

Offline hoverfly

• Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2018, 20:36:25 »
Thin end of the wedge I'm afraid.  Thankfully it's a flying wedge.😱...
As Flyingwings is closing I have stocked up on  them 3 Raven Radical, and a Genesis. The Ravens when laminated are almost bust proof so hopefully they will be around for a long time..😀