Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 03:06:32

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Received my ArduPilot 2.5+

Started by DarrenG, Monday,April 29, 2013, 12:51:32

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrenG

My APM 2.5+ arrived from BYOD on Saturday. Already have it set-up in Mission Planner with the latest firmware. I had a GPS lying around that seems to be working with this fine, it';s reporting position etc (I Work with GPS so it';s the one area I know something about!).

I already have the frame here and built, a Q650 (X650 clone). As soon as I';ve identified the motors and ESCs i need I';ll get them ordered.

In the meantime I need to sort a suitable mount for the APM so that it';s isolated, and I need a longer cable for the GPS so I can mount it in the top of the dome that came with the frame.

Super excited to see how APM performs. I';ve worked with Arduino';s for years but had never heard of the ArduPilot. Was planning to buy a Phantom but when someone mentioned ArduPilot it was a no brainer, a home build and hopefully a Quad with autonomous missions, hell yeah!!
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

dazza22

I love my APM .
Put the time into get the vibration out of the system , and all should
rosie .
I use moongel at the minute to attach the APM to  my quad  .It works well ,but I am not sure  how well glue work on it .So on lookout for other solutions .

DarrenG

Ah yes, I';ve not yet decided how to best mount the APM. I need to figure out how to mount it on a gel or foam bed but still secure it in place, perhaps an elastic band over the shell?
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

DarrenG

Thank you, got some Sorbothane sheet already.
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]

Gaza07

Your going to love the APM its the best flight controller Ive tried up to now  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

DarrenG

Definitely.  One more APM related question.

I';ve read various discussions on the merits of powering the APM via the ESC or a separate uBEC. I was considering the APM Power Module but read that it had some issues too, so I';ve gone with a Turnigy 5v uBEC, is this the best solution? 
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]

rickp

Quote from: DarrenG on Monday,April 29, 2013, 21:28:27
Definitely.  One more APM related question.

I';ve read various discussions on the merits of powering the APM via the ESC or a separate uBEC. I was considering the APM Power Module but read that it had some issues too, so I';ve gone with a Turnigy 5v uBEC, is this the best solution?

I wouldn';t use an ESC as they';re just linear regulators and generate lots of heat. Personally, I use the APM power module and have no problems with it powering the APM and RX. Do not use it to power servos though.