Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,June 25, 2019, 00:20:17

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

ched999uk:
22 Jun 2019 14:56:09
who??  :laugh:
Slayer23:
22 Jun 2019 11:48:18
guess whos back
 :laugh: :laugh:
atomiclama:
18 Jun 2019 10:41:40
Luckily wasn't that far out and managed to bring it back LOS  :sweating: So now need to coat the reset of my kit. :laugh:
atomiclama:
18 Jun 2019 10:40:51
Stuff it, yesterday I was going to fly rain or no rain, guess what it was raining, still went out. Quad is all conformal coated so I thought lets give it ago. Quad was fine VRX strapped to the top of me goggles wasn't Didn't think to coat that.
Bad Raven:
12 Jun 2019 19:43:40
You didn't break rules, its just difficult to follow lengthy posts here, better in a proper thread.
ChrisKz:
12 Jun 2019 18:43:54
Thanks Ched ... BR . sorry if I broke rules
ched999uk:
12 Jun 2019 18:41:18
Cheers BR
Bad Raven:
12 Jun 2019 18:39:58
Shout box not ideal for discussions!  BMFA affiliated clubs do not HAVE to force achievement tests no more than they HAVE to allow any specific type of model. There are plane only, there are Heli only, etc.
ched999uk:
12 Jun 2019 18:30:21
Seems to be a pv club in IP6 here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483581111957310/
ChrisKz:
12 Jun 2019 17:38:49
I'm with u on that one ched .  I'm in no hurry to purchase one yet , I like to do a little research as to what is out there . Insurance is a must anyways . I shoot pcps so always covered
Members
  • Total Members: 8046
  • Latest: ayush05
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195996
  • Total Topics: 19717
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Quadcopter in a glass elevator

Started by teslahed, Tuesday,July 31, 2012, 22:21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

teslahed

Can you guess what will happen? I managed it.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Gaza07

Also guessed it right  ~~ its a good test and those guys have some other videos that are worth watching nice find  ~~

BYOD

I didn't guess right..... They left with all fingers, faces, eyes etc. intact!

Great video, I think a sonar unit would stop this from happening!

Regards

Martin.

Gaza07

Your guess just made my morning  :rofl: Good point about the sonar that would have changed the results, but it would be cheating  ::)

Quote from: BYOD on Wednesday,August 01, 2012, 08:20:57
I didn't guess right..... They left with all fingers, faces, eyes etc. intact!

Great video, I think a sonar unit would stop this from happening!

Regards

Martin.

teslahed

They got it slightly wrong (i think) - they ignored air resistance. The quadcopter will go upwards when the lift (elevator for americans) goes up because the rising air bubble trapped in the lift will exert a force on it. This force will be much weaker than the opposition to the change in motion due to the momentum of the quadcoper so the effect is minimal and you see the quadcopter 'fall' downwards when standing in the lift with it rather than being lifted upwards slightly as is actually happening relative to an outside observer.

That's assuming the lift doesn't have a wire mesh ceiling and floor to allow air to pass through.

It's a bit like keeping half your canaries flying in a truck to save on loaded weight - only works if you have a wire mesh roof and floor in your trailer to allow the downdraft to pass through.

That's all assuming i haven't forgotten all the science i learned at school :confused:
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Gaza07

The problem is if the truck driver slams the brakes on and you do have wire mesh then your canaries will end up looking like crinkle cut chips  :rofl:

MadMax

Wasn't really sure what to expect but the explanation makes sense, @byod I could just picture them coming out of the lift all hacked up and saying, that didn't go to well  :rofl: