User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: beararsedcheek... :laugh:
    September 18, 2018, 18:42:15
  • Bad Raven: or bearreft, or bear left?
    September 17, 2018, 14:21:16
  • Bad Raven: or isnotherebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:30
  • Bad Raven: more like doesnotcarebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:07
  • Gav: carebear?
    September 17, 2018, 11:37:44
  • atomiclama: you there bear??
    September 15, 2018, 11:42:45
  • Reman: Got stuck in traffic yesterday. After an hour I started using my phone (And an OTG cable) to look through the media files on a keyring of my old USB sticks. Found one that had the entire run of "Firefly" on it. I got through 3 episodes before the traffic started moving again....... God, That really was an amazing show.
    September 14, 2018, 19:52:46
  • Gav: ok dude
    September 08, 2018, 16:40:59
  • mo_miah: Gav- if its a camera ship then TBS crossfire is definitely what you need, the FrSky has limited channels and telemetry options, TBS crossfire has much better features and more channels to control camera gimbals etc
    September 07, 2018, 11:53:01
  • Gav: mo miah - wanna swap from immertionRC UHF and try something else on my camera Ship.
    September 07, 2018, 11:25:40
  • DarkButterfly: My laminate arrived, the rebuild is coming along ~~
    September 06, 2018, 20:00:44
  • hoverfly: I coated a couple of Slipstreams  a few years ago  It stiffened up the wing nicely .On the down side although it prevented dings when i had an high speed"arrival" it left the resin cracked. and the glass lifted slightly.  Well stuck laminate stiffens the wing and is flexible..
    September 06, 2018, 18:26:13
  • DarkButterfly: I'm doing laminate, just put my order in for some, also got some balsa wood for the side parts, had to use a kitchen knife to seperate the foam from the busted wood
    September 05, 2018, 13:21:11
  • atomiclama: Thanks, can't decide on fibre glass or laminate. Like the idea of fibre for some reason, don't know why.
    September 05, 2018, 10:45:48
  • Bad Raven: Usng PolyC, yes
    September 05, 2018, 10:13:54
  • atomiclama: Anyone fibre glass coat their wings??
    September 05, 2018, 09:30:22
  • atomiclama: @DB well you obviously need a bigger motor and ESC, as flying slower is just not possible.  ::)
    September 05, 2018, 09:29:59
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    September 05, 2018, 09:10:18
  • hoverfly: If you put a couple of coats of Eze Kote on the wing before the laminate it sticks really well ..no lifting.. :smiley:
    September 05, 2018, 08:47:37
  • DarkButterfly: If it makes you feel better, I’m going to completely refurbish my falcon Evo with new balsa sides and new laminate ~~
    September 04, 2018, 21:42:53

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Tree Surgery  (Read 285 times)

Offline CornishMule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 311
Tree Surgery
« on: August 11, 2018, 08:07:08 »
Another new spot from the week, not the greatest flying but wanted a reason to play around with Davinci Resolve rather than my usual iMovie. There's call for some colour correction as the light was fading fast ... meh.

Continual hunt for new spots really pushes the comfort barrier.

Offline Lamaule

• Liked: 595
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Tree Surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 09:45:59 »
Very nice Cornish. The powerloops are coming on nicely!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1317
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:39:33 »
Nice flying and good spot mate
(Still not keen on the transitions between clips)

Offline CornishMule

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 13:08:19 »
Nice flying and good spot mate
(Still not keen on the transitions between clips)
Hehe, thanks mate. I need to watch some pro edits and take note of their transitions.

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 332
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 03:08:21 »
I use iMovie and want to try davinci resolve but I think it’s asking a little much of my MacBook Air! I actually like working with iMovie and I’ve got to the stage where I can produce a vid in no time at all, but there’s very little control over the quality of the render. The other week I was using 2.4k media and the best it would let me render at was 720p - for reasons I could not figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CornishMule

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 08:00:28 »
I use iMovie and want to try davinci resolve but I think it’s asking a little much of my MacBook Air! I actually like working with iMovie and I’ve got to the stage where I can produce a vid in no time at all, but there’s very little control over the quality of the render. The other week I was using 2.4k media and the best it would let me render at was 720p - for reasons I could not figure out.

Totally agree. I got comfortable with iMovie too and could easily pull together an edit with ease (once I found a suitable song, which is always the hardest part). Davinci is demanding, there’s a few tweaks I found described on YouTube but you’re right, it’s not lightweight.

Offline JAB1a

• British National FPV Drone Racing Champion 2015
  • Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 843
  • British National FPV Drone Racing Champion 2015
    • JAB1a Rc
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 13:47:32 »
"..not the greatest flying...", surely you jest, that was awesome flying and brave gaps run there bud wicked location for a good bit of close proximity :)

Offline CornishMule

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 19:42:41 »
"..not the greatest flying...", surely you jest, that was awesome flying and brave gaps run there bud wicked location for a good bit of close proximity :)
Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate the feedback having watched your videos for ages

I only flew 2 packs at this site so didn't really feel I did it justice, but glad you liked what I came up with.

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 332
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 13:32:52 »
Totally agree. I got comfortable with iMovie too and could easily pull together an edit with ease (once I found a suitable song, which is always the hardest part). Davinci is demanding, there’s a few tweaks I found described on YouTube but you’re right, it’s not lightweight.

Just to let you know I solved my rendering issue for iMovie which means I don’t need to find new software! I think new versions don’t recognise 2.7k and just call it 720p for the render. To get around it, just make sure the first clip you paste to the timeline (you can delete it after) is 4K. Then it will let you render in 4K. Don’t ask me why...