Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 16:39:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

open tx companion 2.2 setting up ccpm heli

Started by tony, Sunday,June 03, 2018, 20:40:36

Previous topic - Next topic

tony

ok ive followed a few guilds and im all most there i have collective working properly but its the moving (120* 3 sevro swash align heli) moving left left servo and rear servo move and moving right right and rear servo move and forwards and backwards is messed up the same way ill post screen shots of my companion 2.2

im sure its something simply ive missed out or buggered up maybe a fresh brian will spot it
ive
and if anyone can tell me how to add the file for you to download and have a look ill add that as well

Two-Six

Errrmmm, is it a fly-barred helicopter?  If it has a flight controller which one?

I just had a look at this http://open-txu.org/home/special-interests/helicopter/ccpm-for-taranis/

Ummm its complicated.  I will have a proper read of it tomorrow.

I remember I had this kind of thing happening when I set mine up too but stepping back and having a  think about it sorted it out, It just started working properly once I fiddled about a bit.

The other thing is that on my TX programming all my inputs are -100% for Elevator and aileron.

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

tony

yes its a flybared heli i think i need mixing for cyc 1,2,3 is what im missing i guess more reading is required

Two-Six

Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

tony

yer that's It that's the bit I was missing ill post it here incase anyone gets the same trouble and just need the screen shot  but it from the link one post up cheer peps

not tested yet wont get a chance for a few days

Two-Six

Sweet!  ~~ glad you got it sorted. 

Are you OK with setting up a fly-barred heli in general now your radio is doing what it should do?  A pitch gauge is pretty much essential, a digital one.

I remember that clamping the flybar level was pretty important, then using a swash plate leveling tool then getting 0 pitch at mid stick then getting the right amount of pos and neg pitch.

I can pretty much remember how to do it if you need any more help.

tony

its been about 5 years since i last flew a heli but here is one of my last flights :crossfingers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyPByRj2a2E

aburn09

Tony I'm going to have to pick your brains shortly once you're up and running as recently I've moved from nearly 15 years of Spektrum radios building,setting up and flying Helicopters over to the Frsky Taranis x9d se for my quads........I was having issues with the Spektrum so this was a good reason to move over as I only now fly quads which the Taranis is better suited to........However I do have one helicopter left which is  my pride and joy a self built custom 500 size flybarless Airwolf
https://youtu.be/Ga5sNowUFfA
I've looked at Two-six link to the helifreak set up on Taranis and it goes right over my head as the Taranis is role reversals to the Spektrum as it's not as easy and friendly to set up as the Spektrum  :banghead:
I'm hoping to get my Spektrum fixed so I'll have that just for Airwolf and the Taranis for the quads but maybe if there is an easier way to set the Taranis up for Airwolf I might think about it...... I have seen you can download other flyers templates of their heli set ups so I don't know if that might be an easier option for me ?

ched

Quote from: aburn09 on Tuesday,June 05, 2018, 10:51:47
Tony I'm going to have to pick your brains shortly once you're up and running as recently I've moved from nearly 15 years of Spektrum radios building,setting up and flying Helicopters over to the Frsky Taranis x9d se for my quads........I was having issues with the Spektrum so this was a good reason to move over as I only now fly quads which the Taranis is better suited to........However I do have one helicopter left which is  my pride and joy a self built custom 500 size flybarless Airwolf
https://youtu.be/Ga5sNowUFfA
I've looked at Two-six link to the helifreak set up on Taranis and it goes right over my head as the Taranis is role reversals to the Spektrum as it's not as easy and friendly to set up as the Spektrum  :banghead:
I'm hoping to get my Spektrum fixed so I'll have that just for Airwolf and the Taranis for the quads but maybe if there is an easier way to set the Taranis up for Airwolf I might think about it...... I have seen you can download other flyers templates of their heli set ups so I don't know if that might be an easier option for me ?

That looks and sounds amazing, congratulations and well done.
I try :-)

Two-Six

Wow nice! 

You were getting a bit close to the spinney bits then  :frantic:

If you want to get this on Taranis it won't be that hard because you don't have a fly bar you will just need to set up straight forward inputs to you flight controller, you won't need to use CCPM mixing or the "Heli" section of the Taranis.

aburn09

Quote from: Two-Six on Tuesday,June 05, 2018, 15:34:34
Wow nice! 

You were getting a bit close to the spinney bits then  :frantic:

If you want to get this on Taranis it won't be that hard because you don't have a fly bar you will just need to set up straight forward inputs to you flight controller, you won't need to use CCPM mixing or the "Heli" section of the Taranis.

Sorry Tony for hijacking your post but just quickly Two-six I haven't really looked at setting up the heli in depth it was just a quick browse over the helifreak page you linked which worried me as although I used to be able to build and set up helis blindfolded I haven't set one up for at least five years and that was on the Spektrum the Taranis looked alot more complicated than i'd like but now you've said I don't need to use ccpm or heli section now confuses me even more !
Two-six if you have a little time can you pm me with the basic settings to get me up and running if you know them or have another link somewhere please also I'll need to change the RX and the Gyro to a flybarless one as at present I have a spektrum microbeast all in one rx flybarless gyro which has a satellite extra receiver attatched to it which I would at least need a Frsky 9 channel RX which can take a slave receiver as I believe the R-xsr receivers I'm using on my quads can be used as a slave rx if attatched to another Frsky Rx ?

tony

ill post my screen after i get it sorted for you m8 and try and help as much i can but i delive you should start from the first post on it

tony

or maybe rammylad will post his flybarless  heli setup here are start a new taranus heli setting  thread

Two-Six

Pretty sure the Microbeast supports S-Bus, my MSH Brain does, so I am using this receiver on my Trex 450-L:
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-x4r-sb-receiver

aburn09

Quote from: Two-Six on Tuesday,June 05, 2018, 19:51:05
Pretty sure the Microbeast supports S-Bus, my MSH Brain does, so I am using this receiver on my Trex 450-L:
https://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-x4r-sb-receiver
It's not a microbeast as it has been combined with a Spektrum receiver it's a hybrid for Spektrum users  ;)

tony

this is quick tested but it works incase any one is interested

on the heli page this is where you correct a collective servo moving in the wrong direction change the 100 to -100 to change direction

the flight modes are set here but you need to set up logic switches first are you will not be able to use L01 to L03 as an option in switched

aburn09

Cheers Tony I'm sure that will give me a ball park set up to try.......Excuse my ignorance here as I'm new to Frsky but my Taranis doesn't have a Heli model select screen I've seen older taranis's do so not sure if the screens you've put up I will see ? I believe I select Quadcopter to start the model off ?
Is your 500 flybarless as I'm not sure if I need to change any other settings or not ?

tony

use opentx on your pc to do the setup and my heli is flybared so i needed to add cyc mixes done on my tx if you using a flybared heli the flybarless controller dose the cyc mixing for you so use my first set up on the mixes theres a few videos and if you get really stuck ill help as much as i can

Rammylad

Quote from: tony on Tuesday,June 05, 2018, 18:29:15
or maybe rammylad will post his flybarless  heli setup here are start a new taranus heli setting  thread
Hi Tony,
I will gladly post my setup for the Taranis for a 450 Trex scale EC135 with Ardupilot FC
and a Trex 500 Trex scale EC135 with a Naza-H FC.
Both are Flybarless.

tony

rammylad your a gent thanksyou p.s its the chappy above  :notworthy: :notworthy: ~~

Rammylad

My Taranis X9D plus settings for my FBL Protos Heli with a Brain flight controller.

Rammylad

My Taranis X9D plus settings for my FBL EC135 500 Heli with a Naza H flight controller.

tony

Quote from: Rammylad on Wednesday,June 06, 2018, 14:41:56
My Taranis X9D plus settings for my FBL EC135 500 Heli with a Naza H flight controller.

love this heli m8 and videos of her in action