Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,June 05, 2020, 17:13:24

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

ched:
04 Jun 2020 17:27:04
Hello Six6siX
Six6siX:
03 Jun 2020 13:28:30
ooo... hello all
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 22:09:18
TBS Source One frame with 7" arms
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 22:09:02
my guess was bang on the number - just out on the units!
LiamHowe89:
02 Jun 2020 21:48:33
Just a bit out from your initial guess then  :laugh: What kind of frame do you fly with?
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:52:22
shoutbox doesn't like ampersands for some reason
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:51:54
and it was more like a 100m fall  :o
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 18:50:36
lol - checked my logging
badger1:
02 Jun 2020 11:52:29
@Liam - no, absolutely fine.  had another couple of flights with it afterwards -  :laugh:
LiamHowe89:
01 Jun 2020 21:23:22
Ouch! Any breakages?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 198591
  • Total Topics: 20021
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer





thumbnail

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Frsky X-Lite

Started by Hozza, Saturday,June 02, 2018, 10:55:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Hozza

Personally I'm loving it, sits comfortably in my hands with the switches in just the right position and with the 18500 cells in each grip the balance is brilliant. Looks like my X9 will be fixed wing only from now on.



ched

Where/are you a console gamer?
Just wondered if this style of tx was most comfortable with people who are used to console controllers?
I try :-)

Hozza

No use to be a PC gamer. I have played the odd racing game on a console but that is it.

UrbanFPV

Nice.  Used to use a turnigy evolution which was great and have been waiting for frsky to come up with compact tx.
What's  the battery life like?  Hows the range?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Talon SVX, Tyrant S 215, GEPRC Sparrow (Mo Sparah), ImpulseRC Reverb
Mavic Pro
SonicModell AR Wing
Frsky X-Lite + R9M Lite
Aomway Commanders
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9rqz1V6XIaU3xikNDzjKg

Hozza

Not tested the range that far yet, sure as hell better than my video signal behind trees :laugh: must have been powered on for a couple of hours now in total and reading 7.8v, the changing them is so easy.

Cheredanine

Hmm just done range test with the first guy to get one on our flight line, he had a failsafe within 100yards at a go cart track.
As far as we could tell, range wasn’t the problem but orientation, range was fine if the quad was in front of the radio, but turn the radio side on and it nose doves. (Tx has a linear antenna running left to right internally.

We switched to an external antenna using one of an x9d and it was much better

UrbanFPV

Quote from: Cheredanine on Sunday,June 03, 2018, 16:45:29
Hmm just done range test with the first guy to get one on our flight line, he had a failsafe within 100yards at a go cart track.
As far as we could tell, range wasn’t the problem but orientation, range was fine if the quad was in front of the radio, but turn the radio side on and it nose doves. (Tx has a linear antenna running left to right internally.

We switched to an external antenna using one of an x9d and it was much better
I did wonder about the antenna.  It's a shame they done provide one out of the box.  Never had any issues with me evolution though......

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Talon SVX, Tyrant S 215, GEPRC Sparrow (Mo Sparah), ImpulseRC Reverb
Mavic Pro
SonicModell AR Wing
Frsky X-Lite + R9M Lite
Aomway Commanders
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9rqz1V6XIaU3xikNDzjKg

Hozza

Not had a single RSSI warning yet let alone a fail safe, but one to keep an eye on. I have had to update opentx 2.2.2 to a nightly build as I kept losing model binds.

Cheredanine

Quote from: Hozza on Monday,June 04, 2018, 20:00:26
Not had a single RSSI warning yet let alone a fail safe, but one to keep an eye on. I have had to update opentx 2.2.2 to a nightly build as I kept losing model binds.

It may, absolutely have been his radio mate, but the range was definitely reduced along the axis of the antenna, which is what you expect with a dipole, I.e. when the quad was directly to his left or right. It probably means out in front you get a very decent range

Hozza

Quote from: Cheredanine on Monday,June 04, 2018, 21:50:06
It may, absolutely have been his radio mate, but the range was definitely reduced along the axis of the antenna, which is what you expect with a dipole, I.e. when the quad was directly to his left or right. It probably means out in front you get a very decent range


Next time I'm flying up the golf course I'll give it a good test...

I do feel that Frsky rushed it's release especially with the opentx issues :hmm: we can be an unforgiving community :rofl:

palros

Here is my Review and Unboxing of the FrSky X-Lite.  If anybody is interested to see some opinions.


palros

My 3 month update of life with the x-lite

Sweet Pickle

Love my X-Lite.
X9D gathering dust. I did think about selling but as it was my first radio the nostalgia factor kicked in and I held off.

palros

Quote from: Sweet Pickle on Monday,September 17, 2018, 08:15:45
Love my X-Lite.
X9D gathering dust. I did think about selling but as it was my first radio the nostalgia factor kicked in and I held off.

Same place. I keep saying its my backup. Really it's just a dust collector.

Hozza

Voltage regulator fried in mine after 12 days of use, was refunded due to being out of stock at the time and never bothered replacing it...

Bloody good radio and I would own one if I didn't fly so much fixed wing...

Wyntrblue

Hey guys,

So this radio has been out for a while and mrs Santa has got me one for Xmas (win) has anyone got a link to a charge board I can plug into my main charger for the weird 18500 lions? Or even better modded it so they can be charged internally?

Thanks all

shawdreamer

Quote from: Wyntrblue on Sunday,December 02, 2018, 18:53:41
Hey guys,

So this radio has been out for a while and mrs Santa has got me one for Xmas (win) has anyone got a link to a charge board I can plug into my main charger for the weird 18500 lions? Or even better modded it so they can be charged internally?

Thanks all


dunno how much space is inside a x-lite but you could probably squeeze a charge board in somewhere, 18650's are a piece of p1ss to source chargers for and I use charge boards often in my sealed vape mod design versions.


run a live and neg from board to batt then just plug in a micro usb....job done

mind you, you'd have to position the board inside the x-lite casing so you could access the usb through the careful hole in the case itself but again shouldnt be to much of a chore.
550 custom H-copter (redesigned)
zmr250
gLowRider250
SlimBuild250
zmrReaper250
250 Twinboard
Project Sparkie
https://www.thingiverse.com/shawdreamer/designs

nub

just buy a charger from your local vape shop, i bought an efest soda ages ago for my vape batteries, so have just been using that for the X-Lite 18500's. can pick one up for £10-15.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

UrbanFPV

I use one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNiROSS-FAST-SMART-CHARGER-DUO-LCD-Li-ION-for-18650-18350-18500-26650-RCR-123A/331971989540?_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D55149%26meid%3D845bbcc76ac144728035964b93e7fb15%26pid%3D101006%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D331971989540&_trksid=p2045573.c101006.m3226

Does the job.
Talon SVX, Tyrant S 215, GEPRC Sparrow (Mo Sparah), ImpulseRC Reverb
Mavic Pro
SonicModell AR Wing
Frsky X-Lite + R9M Lite
Aomway Commanders
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9rqz1V6XIaU3xikNDzjKg

palros

Hope this maybe of use to somebody!
I gave up with my R9 Lite and Moved to Crossfire. Here is my review of an easy JR Adaptor for the X-lite.