Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 06:02:54

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FIXED - Help setting up a YS-X6

Started by Kez, Wednesday,May 30, 2018, 22:51:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Kez

I'm building a new camera setup based around a 680 hex frame. Its running a YS-X6 controller with the standard wifi unit.
My biggest problem is connecting to the wifi. I see a network called "ZERO TECH" and have tried using the controllers serial number as a password but honestly can't tell if thats right or not as it seems to connect then drop out.
Is there anything I'm missing?

hoverfly

Quote from: Kez on Wednesday,May 30, 2018, 22:51:14
I'm building a new camera setup based around a 680 hex frame. Its running a YS-X6 controller with the standard wifi unit.
My biggest problem is connecting to the wifi. I see a network called "ZERO TECH" and have tried using the controllers serial number as a password but honestly can't tell if thats right or not as it seems to connect then drop out.
Is there anything I'm missing?

Quite possibly  a decent radio link with the  hex.   Wifi  sucks.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Kez

Quote from: hoverfly on Thursday,May 31, 2018, 07:47:46
Quite possibly  a decent radio link with the  hex.   Wifi  sucks.

You clearly do not understand now the X6 works. It will always use wifi, with or without the data link

Any sensible solutions?

hoverfly

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Kez

Ok, one last time.
The problem i am having is not with range. I have it sat on my lounge table. I am trying to connect to it for setup as it seems the software uses wifi to configure the controller. I'm not certain what the password is. I think it is the serial number and have had inconclusive results with that.

ched

This is an unusual FC round here. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They might be easiest way to sort the connection issues you are having out.
Good Luck.
I try :-)

Kez

Quote from: ched999uk on Sunday,June 03, 2018, 22:51:53
This is an unusual FC round here. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer? They might be easiest way to sort the connection issues you are having out.
Good Luck.

Not directly, no. I have read a lot of their support pages and it seems there is a default wifi password (the units serial). This won't connect, although it does try (hangs on "getting ip address" where other passwords just fail instantly).
I *think* the unit is set to router mode (where it requires a router  to form a network). I should be able to change that by hooking the usb configuration cable straight into the wifi module, but the driver doesn't seem to like windows 10.
Thats as far as I've got at the mo.. seeing as some people on here were next to useless I've been figuring it out by myself. Good thing I'm an it engineer by trade

ched

Have you tried using 'compatibility' mode to get the driver working?

Some of the components are rare and getting help is sometimes difficult on rare stuff.
I'm an engineer by trade as well, well I was until I started working for myself.

I assume you can't get hold of a win7 machine? So many issues with win10 stuff in this hobby....

Kez

I'm in the process of knocking together an xp powered vm. Just too busy at the moment, so there could be a delay lol

Kez

Update - fixed it :)

So I set up a vm running win 7 and managed to install the prolific usb-serial driver. Still wouldn't talk to the wifi unit though.
Then I discovered the cable goes the opposite way round. Really odd, but the usb link plugs into the same port as the link cable for the controller (basically unplug the link from the fc and plug in the pc one). They both have the same colours (black/red/white) but on the pc cable, white goes where black was and vice versa.
So it connected, I changed the wifi setup from router mode to p2p and got both my phone and pc connected. Now i can use either an android device or my windows laptop as a ground station for doing flight plans, controlling the auto takeoff/landing and follow modes, etc
All good

ched

Well done and good to see you say how you fixed it for anyone else who has same issue in future.

Kez

Update.. took it to the field to test and really didn't work.
I completed all the setups, but the ground station still thinks its in China or somewhere thats not here (possibly Germany actually as thats where I bought the fc from).
More research needed

ched

I assume you gave it a good while to download all the sat data as it hasn't been used in a while it will need all data.
Can you hook it up to phone and sit it in garden (props off) to see if it finds any sats?
Does the phone app show how many sats are locked or anything like that?

Kez

It does find sats (lots iirc, like 20+). Weird thing is, the map screen just has the google message "we don't have imagery for this area".  Somethings not quite right