User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • atomiclama: There's only so much Skrillex  I can listen toooooooo.
    Today at 14:55:22
  • Bad Raven: MB - ??
    August 18, 2018, 16:32:23
  • Mike Bagnall: My taranis must be wrong or broken it's brand new
    August 18, 2018, 14:13:47
  • Reman: Weather's way too ropey to go flying near Bristol today, But it's not too wet to go wading through a muddy field to walk my Labrador though........ Damn it ! LOL !
    August 12, 2018, 11:17:55
  • Bad Raven: They flew quads and planes
    August 10, 2018, 12:59:11
  • Bad Raven: Took some boys flying, they got an hour and a half before the wetness loomed.
    August 10, 2018, 12:58:53
  • mo_miah: lots of rain yesterday with some localised flooding, some more rain today, quads broken anyway so no flying for me, need a new frame :(
    August 10, 2018, 10:06:02
  • hoverfly: Spoke to soon there is some strange wet stuff falling from the sky. and my runner beans are making slurping noises..... ::)
    August 10, 2018, 09:30:31
  • Bad Raven: Bring a sponge.......
    August 10, 2018, 06:07:43
  • hoverfly: Not a drop  here the garden is like a desert..
    August 09, 2018, 21:57:22
  • Bad Raven: BIG thunderstorm with lots of cloud to cloud red and the occasional very close ground strikes.
    August 09, 2018, 21:12:51
  • Clarkie 22: Bad Crash and a poorly rotor arm :/
    August 06, 2018, 18:31:53
  • Bad Raven: The screamer alarm went off, usually early warning, but nit this time, didn't make it back to patch.
    August 06, 2018, 17:35:29
  • Bad Raven: Think I ran this pack a little close, just had to put 2359 into a 2200 pack. OOPS!
    August 06, 2018, 17:33:21
  • Bad Raven: I think nthere's agreat similarity, both talentless and over hyped.
    August 06, 2018, 14:21:58
  • Bajadre: @ Reman yeah matey haha
    August 06, 2018, 14:18:59
  • shawdreamer: keep that up and the only thing you'll "get" is commited.
    August 06, 2018, 13:48:17
  • hoverfly: Weird that i get..marianne faithfull broken english..... :shrug: :shrug:
    August 06, 2018, 13:22:23
  • Gav: :hmm:
    August 06, 2018, 11:33:20
  • DarkButterfly: Nope, that's just you ::)
    August 06, 2018, 10:43:08

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Odd behaviour from models.  (Read 200 times)

Offline jamie16v

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Liked: 229
Odd behaviour from models.
« on: May 16, 2018, 17:27:52 »
Hello guys, i`m getting an odd behaviour from my models and I think it may be down to my taranis.
I seem to have all axis correct, models fly great ant then suddenly they seem to swap directions on the axis mid flight causing a crash.
I`m not 100% certain this is the transmitter causing the issue but as it is with all models it seems to point that way. Anybody had this issue and know a fix?

Offline Two-Six

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 356
  • Have I had my biscuites yet?
Re: Odd behaviour from models.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 18:01:14 »
You say models, do you mean multi-rotors or planes or helicopters?

That's a strange issue especially as it happens across all you different set ups for different craft.  The only thing that would cause that IF you Taranis was working properly would be that you might have a different input or mix selected when you move a switch assigned to a different input or mix.  Easily done. 

The last helicopter I set up had that when I selected different rates and the input was changed to being reversed.  Its unlikely that all your models would have that same error.

Do all the axis change or just one axis?

I would say it might be a loose connection on your stick pots or sensors, especially if it's just one axis.

It would be tricky to check a multi rotor but with servos you could try to open up the Taranis and gently fiddle with the wires going to the stick sensors and see if any servos jump as the connections go wonky.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Offline jamie16v

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 18:06:45 »
You say models, do you mean multi-rotors or planes or helicopters?

That's a strange issue especially as it happens across all you different set ups for different craft.  The only thing that would cause that IF you Taranis was working properly would be that you might have a different input or mix selected when you move a switch assigned to a different input or mix.  Easily done. 

The last helicopter I set up had that when I selected different rates and the input was changed to being reversed.  Its unlikely that all your models would have that same error.

Do all the axis change or just one axis?

I would say it might be a loose connection on your stick pots or sensors, especially if it's just one axis.

It would be tricky to check a multi rotor but with servos you could try to open up the Taranis and gently fiddle with the wires going to the stick sensors and see if any servos jump as the connections go wonky.
multi rotors mate, my eachine wizard x220, my sons eachine wizard x220 and my qx95 is what I have experienced it on so far.  modes and switches are not being altered mid flight. I know its odd, It has me baffled. It seems to be on the pitch and roll axis.

Offline Two-Six

• Liked: 356
  • Have I had my biscuites yet?
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 18:13:52 »
Strange indeed.  A loose flight controller board might well do this but again not on all your craft.  Can you look at what the flight controllers are seeing as inputs from your receiver through betaflight or clean flight or something?

See if anything jumps about unexpectedly as you move the sticks.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 618
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 18:28:07 »
Original Gimbals or Hall Effect?

Offline jamie16v

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 19:02:19 »
Original Gimbals or Hall Effect?
Original but relatively new with very light use.
I think I may be getting to the bottom of it, and i think it may be more to do with the settings in betaflight.

Offline jamie16v

• Site Sponsor
Re: Odd behaviour from models. FIXED
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 20:08:30 »
Silly me, i upgraded the firmware last week on the taranis. all my mix set ups were wrong lol

Offline jamie16v

• Site Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 16:27:34 »
Just to update you on this and prove what a silly sausage I am, I found the actual cause, it was something so simple and down to user error.
 I only went and had headless mode activated on mine and my sons quad, i copied the settings over to his. This also led me to believe I was having range issues where I posted in a later thread. So when i was flying in fpv, i would get so far out, do a turn and orientation was reversed and so were my inputs causing a complete loss of control.
 All fixed now  ::) :beer2:

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 621
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 16:38:03 »
Well done for finding the issue and posting the solution.
It's funny how easy it is to get a setting wrong and the effect it can have....

Happy Flying.