Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 18:06:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Brotherhobby R6 Returner Motors

Started by palros, Thursday,May 10, 2018, 13:46:32

Previous topic - Next topic

palros

Here is my review of the Brotherhobby R6 Returner Motors. These are the 2306 2450kv flavor. I am testing them out on my Armattan Mongoose Racing Drone. Due to them having pretty much the same Spec as the Titan Oomph Motors, I decided to do some tests to draw a rough comparison between the 2.
https://youtu.be/RGJvkhWvxkY

Cheredanine

Hi mate, so some info for you,
The r6 is essentially the r5 with a bearing (not a ball bearing) upgrade. (Larger, better quality and much requested by those that are in the know).

External dimensions are far less important than internal

Just because a motor has the same stator size (2306) and kv (2450) doesn’t mean it is comparable, quite from the fact manufacturers lie about the stator size occasionally, there are many factors, off the top of my head-
Single or multi strand windings
Quality of windings
Number and thickness of laminations
Size of air gap
Height, thickness and type of magnets
Balance
Bearing
Etc etc

Strongly recommend you take a look at a site such as miniquadtestbench, Ryan does some excellent articles there that explain a lot
Armattan are nice smooth and efficient motors but I don’t recall ever seeing a serious racer use them, (there may be one or two but I haven’t seen them), there are plenty using r5 and who will use r6

palros

Quote from: Cheredanine on Thursday,May 10, 2018, 17:16:10
Hi mate, so some info for you,
The r6 is essentially the r5 with a bearing (not a ball bearing) upgrade. (Larger, better quality and much requested by those that are in the know).

External dimensions are far less important than internal

Just because a motor has the same stator size (2306) and kv (2450) doesn’t mean it is comparable, quite from the fact manufacturers lie about the stator size occasionally, there are many factors, off the top of my head-
Single or multi strand windings
Quality of windings
Number and thickness of laminations
Size of air gap
Height, thickness and type of magnets
Balance
Bearing
Etc etc

Strongly recommend you take a look at a site such as miniquadtestbench, Ryan does some excellent articles there that explain a lot
Armattan are nice smooth and efficient motors but I don’t recall ever seeing a serious racer use them, (there may be one or two but I haven’t seen them), there are plenty using r5 and who will use r6

I agree there are a lot of factors. The Objective of the Video was to compare them to something that i fly regularly. I do state in the video that I am comparing them in a non-scientific way. Its more a case of feel, a some basic performance factors. If i was doing a direct test I would not be using 2 totally different frames.

Also, On paper what both company's publish they are pretty comparable. Its only in the detail where the differences can be found.

If somebody is after a high detail bench performance test that is not what I do. Miniquad test bench has that pretty much Covered.

Cheredanine

Please don’t be offended, just trying to offer constructive criticism, a subjective review thought of “my old motors vs my new motors”, particularly on different quads without a range of props is not really informative, my suggestion was to include more informations to make it of interest to a (larger) audience

palros

Thats cool. Sorry, Didnt follow my own rules about posting when Tired.

What i find odd about the way companies talk about there motors, is the lack of information they give you. Brotherhobby pretty much give you the minimum.

Cheredanine

Quote from: palros on Saturday,May 12, 2018, 09:15:35
Thats cool. Sorry, Didnt follow my own rules about posting when Tired.

What i find odd about the way companies talk about there motors, is the lack of information they give you. Brotherhobby pretty much give you the minimum.
Lol yeah and what they do give you isn’t accurate, when ZMX fell out with BrotherHobby, (the returner r3 is really the ZMX v3) they were arguing about what magnets were being used, since brother were the OEM, you gotta think they knew but ZMX were swearing they were using better ones than Brother said (ZMX specs stated it for the v3s), at one point in public forum, ZMX said that when the motors arrived from brother they sent them to a different (secret) factory where they changed the magnets -absurd.
Then there is the cobra 2204 stator height fiasco.

It is also worth talking to EngineerX, he does yt motor reviews where he takes the thing apart, and whilst he does the dry weigh it, measure it and it’s kv, strip it and examine the gubbins and bench test, he is happy to discuss and link with pilots yt because he recognises behaviour in the air and feel, whilst linked to specs, isn’t always obvious.