Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 14:29:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Falcon Evo Flying Wing (with maiden video)

Started by JT, Wednesday,June 24, 2015, 16:55:28

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

I';ve really been enjoying FPVing my z84 wing wing as a bit of a change to flying quads and seem to have accidently bought a flyingwings.co.uk Falcon Evo, by accident you understand, an accidental accident...cough.... :whistling:
I did need one really as it has enough room to mount a decent camera onboard and the YI I won on here needed a job(justified it  :frantic:!!!!) :laugh:

It turned up today and all this stuff was in the box.....

So a little bit more to do than on my wing wing to get it flying but should be a fun experience(I hope), the only scary bit is that it needs laminating with an iron on film, something I';ve never done before......
I made a start and glued some bits together to form the centre section/fuse but have run out of foam glue(in my excitement accident I forgot to add some to the order :rolleyes:) I have a tube of Uhu por coming first class to carry on with.

More dirty plane making pics to come as I carry on............

guest325

Oooooo, nice!!!
Looks like the dark side has bit your a55 ::) ::) ::)

JT

It has a bit Darrell yeah  :laugh:  I think it';s the madness of flying my 4s 250 is nicely complimented by some higher altitude, longer distance chill out flying that a wing seems to provide, Ok it';s also fun flying down low with it, shooting a few gaps and flying along upside down but you know what I mean lol.

guest325

TBH I think that the two sides of the hobby compliment each other quite nicely, there are so many things that you can do with the one but not the other; wings are not the easiest fixed wing model to fly by any means because to get them set up correctly isn';t always that straight forward. Once set up the smaller ones are great fun. The bigger ones are much more graceful and relaxing to fly and will usually glide nicely.
Hope you really enjoy this one, it is a very nice AP platform!

nub

:cool: look forward to seeing her come together and take flight!

good luck with the build.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

JT

A bit more done, I decided to paint it black as it should make it easier to follow(for my mates) as white planes keep vanishing into the brightness of the sky in the goggles.

Camera';s fitted, the YI has a job!!

A dry fit of parts and it looked very black lol, so I painted the elevons orange for a dash of colour, I may add more colour lol.

Finally for today I have glued the wings on, I got advised to use hotglue for this and must admit they are on there really well now!

JT

The servos have turned up today so I can fit them over the weekend but my other bits from hobbyking that should have been here wednesday are still with the useless ';Parcelfarce'; who keep saying there is ';insufficient address data'; and not delivering, despite me giving them my full address yesterday(which is doubtlessly on the package,  anyway they have delivered here loads previously) and being told it would be delivered :angry:

Made it a little more colourful today too.......

Hopefully it will look cool in the air.

Chippercheese

Hey welcome to the club bud!

Dunno if you';ve had chance to get it out yet, but it flies really nice

http://youtu.be/mdroR98m0sA
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

JT

Hey CC, sorry bud missed your reply :embarrassed, I';ve got mine finished and had 4 batteries through it(video later), I like it, lots lol. It flies really well and just seems to glide forever! :cool:

JT

Finished(to a point lol), the rx wires are just sticking out ATM for the maiden flights as I may change it for a different one and I may get a fancy fc/OSD for it with RTH if I ever have enough spare ££££ lol

JT

Maiden Video!  The first launch at the start of the video was very wobbly lol, the falcon was very twitchy and sensitive and took me a bit by surprise! For the first battery I was rolling/wobbling side to side as each of my corrections would go a bit too far  :laugh: Still managed to get it trimmed up and after landing and adding more expo it behaved wonderfully. It is very floaty and glides superbly, infact the only problem was landing as it just keeps going  :laugh:
Looks like I need to trim a little more foam out as you can see it in the corners of the video......

http://youtu.be/lfOZcwsHmtI

Revs

Nice one JT. What motor/prop are you using? I';ve got a TekSumo wing to build and was thinking about using a Sunnysky X2207S with something like a 7x5" prop.

JT

A turnigy 2826 2200kv with a 6x5. A 7x5 would be better but may make my 30A ESC a bit warm lol. My mates tek sumo that I follow in the video has a 1450kv and a 7x5 and seems a bit slow, I would have thought with a 2200kv on a 6x5 the sumo would be fast, that';s what I run on my wing wing and that';s good for 60mph ~~ a 7x5 though should be even better  ~~

Revs

JT

Yes, 3s, I';ve got so many that are not doing anything that it';s good to find a use for them. 1300maAh on the little wing wing and 2200mAh on this.

Chippercheese

Quote from: JT on Monday,July 06, 2015, 09:47:48
A turnigy 2826 2200kv with a 6x5. A 7x5 would be better but may make my 30A ESC a bit warm lol. My mates tek sumo that I follow in the video has a 1450kv and a 7x5 and seems a bit slow, I would have thought with a 2200kv on a 6x5 the sumo would be fast, that';s what I run on my wing wing and that';s good for 60mph ~~ a 7x5 though should be even better  ~~

I use the NTM 2836 1800kv with a 7x5 prop, burst current is something like 29A on launch (basically prop stall), cruises at 4-5A and maxes out around 18A in full flight. Fastest I';ve got it to was 112km/h - with ain';t half bad IMO!

Just bumped my ESC up to 50A with SBEC to try and give it some overhead as 30A was getting hot cooped up in the fuselage in sunny weather (although I did cut some vents into the lid on saturday).

Expo is definitely crucial for this wing, I find my happy place around 35/30
https://youtu.be/PJj8jD7l2vk
TBS Discovery + ghetto printed gimbal, HovershipMHQ 1 & 2, QAV250, Turnigy Talon V2, chinese Alien500 thingie, 3d Printed Tricopter, Bix 3, [url="//flyingwings.co.uk"]Flyingwings.co.uk[/url] FalconEVO, Venturi EVO 1+2, Hornet Racing Wing, Radjet800 (by the dozen)... Permanent sucker for FPV, and lots and lots of OpenLR

JT

Quote from: Chippercheese on Monday,July 06, 2015, 14:29:11
I use the NTM 2836 1800kv with a 7x5 prop, burst current is something like 29A on launch (basically prop stall), cruises at 4-5A and maxes out around 18A in full flight. Fastest I';ve got it to was 112km/h - with ain';t half bad IMO!

Just bumped my ESC up to 50A with SBEC to try and give it some overhead as 30A was getting hot cooped up in the fuselage in sunny weather (although I did cut some vents into the lid on saturday).

Expo is definitely crucial for this wing, I find my happy place around 35/30
https://youtu.be/PJj8jD7l2vk

112kph is pretty good, I need to throw an OSD on mine(might just pinch the remzibi off my wing wing for now). I';m going to chance a 7x5 with my 30A ESC, it was fine with the 6x5 and I';m not going to beflat out constantly, hopefully be more efficient for chilled flying(or not lol)
Good work in the clouds, was your video signal OK?

Chippercheese

Quote from: JT on Monday,July 06, 2015, 16:32:30

112kph is pretty good, I need to throw an OSD on mine(might just pinch the remzibi off my wing wing for now). I';m going to chance a 7x5 with my 30A ESC, it was fine with the 6x5 and I';m not going to beflat out constantly, hopefully be more efficient for chilled flying(or not lol)
Good work in the clouds, was your video signal OK?

30A is totally fine for 7x5 in terms of current used, the one I was using just had a linear BEC - overheat city!

The video signal was solid (using just Gav';s skews - had a helical in my bag but didn';t bother), I didn';t chance going too high into them - kinda regret that now. I';ve got TinyOSD fitted so I could navigate home, it just threw me off guard when my screen whited out, got super disoriented (no artificial horizon!)

I';ll try to be more daring next time the clouds are that low!

nub

nice maiden video JT looks like that';s going to be a lot of fun! ::)
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

JT

Quote from: nub on Monday,July 06, 2015, 23:00:01
nice maiden video JT looks like that';s going to be a lot of fun! ::)

Cheers nub, I just need to sort out the bit of a vibration at full whack, I reckon it could well be the crappy prop adaptor that comes with the motor.
I';m going to put my trusted rx on and my OSD so I can at least fly this out a couple of Km  ::)

Boogles

What rx and video gear are you guys using?

What frequencies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk