User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • VaNDAL_UK: ANyone FPV onver Sutton Park Birmingham?
    December 07, 2018, 12:54:30
  • steveo9007: Cheers Atom was just a thought for now as I plan on keeping it well in range until I get comfortable with controls and flying
    December 05, 2018, 21:01:25
  • atomiclama: steveo You can just plug a GPS puck into the FC and get the OSB to display the coords, record the VTX and when things go tits up you have the last known posistion. Whislt not accurate it is a good starting point. Or get the coords sent back by telemetry to you TX which will be more accurate as long as power is maintained to the quad and it is range with the TX. Just some thoughts.
    December 04, 2018, 12:27:26
  • steveo9007: Is there a post on here about the 433mhz telem tx ??
    December 04, 2018, 07:56:49
  • steveo9007: ok thanks shaw
    December 03, 2018, 20:31:44
  • shawdreamer: meanwhile the 433mhz telem option I mentioned gives you live fixes in realtime and not "delayed texts"..... plus it doesnt cost you credit everytime you request a gps fix (btw the tags sim card also needs to have credit on it :laugh:)
    December 02, 2018, 20:47:10
  • shawdreamer: and yes that does actually work..... I tried it for a laugh a couple of years ago ::)
    December 02, 2018, 20:45:09
  • shawdreamer: the tags do as you say use satellites to get positional fixes but they dont immediately report those fixes to an App, each tag requires a Sim card (same as your phone) which is used to "text" you the tags position..... in other words you could get the exact same effect by strapping a old smartphone to your frame with the google "where is my device" app installed
    December 02, 2018, 20:44:13
  • steveo9007: doesnt the tag communicate with the satellites and not via a data system, isn't it the user who owns the tag go via data to the app that can locate the tag ???
    December 02, 2018, 18:18:11
  • shawdreamer: plus, alot of the lower end trackers struggle with GPRS and often rely heavily on GSM data instead which is just not worth a sh1te when it comes to pinpointing a downed frame
    December 02, 2018, 16:23:30
  • shawdreamer: most readily available gps trackers are not really suitable for anything smaller than a 400 sized frame as the units themselves are often too bulky for anything smaller and larger frames often already have their own gps setups that can simply be outfitted with a 433mhz telem tx that would report live and accurate info direct to a ground station so there'd be no point in a sms type tracker
    December 02, 2018, 16:22:07
  • steveo9007: anybody fitted a GPS tracker tag to their drones if it gets lost and is need to find it
    December 02, 2018, 14:56:36
  • Gav: yeah too much of a hike for me too.  was tempted with the bike show the other week but TBH its not worth it - no bargains anymore and rip off parking
    November 29, 2018, 20:11:21
  • Bad Raven: Too far for me.
    November 29, 2018, 08:27:36
  • hoverfly: Sunday drone show , N.E.C.  anybody   going.??
    November 28, 2018, 18:36:04
  • Bajadre: Congrats DB brother  !!!
    November 25, 2018, 03:09:56
  • hoverfly: I wish i haden't eaten a whole ham and egg pie........ pass the Rennies.. :cry
    November 21, 2018, 17:23:37
  • ched999uk: Don't yo just hate those days where you wish you never got up!!!!!!
    November 21, 2018, 15:46:06
  • Reman: Isn't it a spooky coincidense how seconds before banggood have a sale nearly all the prices of the on sale items go up, But the discount drops the price back to the pre sale prices?
    November 21, 2018, 05:46:29
  • DarkButterfly: Certainly hard work but well worth it ::)
    November 19, 2018, 22:19:02

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: HDO or HD3  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Elmattbo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 346
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • Youtube
HDO or HD3
« on: May 03, 2018, 10:11:59 »
I’ve just taken delivery of fatshark hd3’s, still in the box. Do I send them back for HDO’s?! Discuss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 652
Re: HDO or HD3
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:18:06 »
Have you seen Josh Bardwells youtube vid comparing the 2?
Seems like the HDO are better image and hdmi compatibility but smaller image size plus the extra cost!

Difficult decision.

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1216
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:18:28 »
Had the same dilemma  as soon as i got the HD3 they brought out the HDO ...I like the hd3 the new ones won't improve my flying  so i'm keeping them and when all the faults are ironed out of the HDO  santa will get a letter. and the others will become backup , Just like the domv3, and the Attitudes.. I give up.. :shrug:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
HDO or HD3
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:36:57 »
I’m upgrading from dom v2 so anything will be impressive! I’ve not seen anyone say it’s unbelievable, but I did see a guy say you won’t notice the field of view but you will notice the image. But then I’ve seen a guy say the fov is a deal breaker. Horses for courses I guess.

I think some of the newer cmos cams probably make a bigger difference. I did read from someone who flies with a runcam eagle that they preferred the hd3 so it’s probably not just all about the goggle displays.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:42:29 by Elmattbo »

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 70
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 11:06:30 »
i only just got my HD3s and a week later the HD0 was announced and available for preorder

yes the oled screens are nicer and better colours, will it make you fly better? no. the video feeds while flying are always noisy at best so having amazing quality screens are pointless

JB recently did a side by side of the HD3 and HD0 and i much preferred the HD3

the cameras are also low resolution so a higher resolution screen will make no difference

for me FOV is the most important factor, that's why i chose the HD3 over the dom v3 and attitude v4

i know Steele still uses his HD2 because of the massive FOV

those that get fatshark for the hdmi input are wasting money imo, get a holder for you mobile phone, most mobiles have HD or UHD resolution and the phone holders provide a massive cinema like FOV for watching films etc

until they make vtx/vrx that can transmit HD video with low latency and rock solid connection to reduce noise there will be no need for high resolution fancy googles

so buy your googles based on the FOV you want

JD videos on the HD0 are starting to seem biased towards the HD0, his first video seems honest, where he says they are not really an upgrade to the HD3 just different
his recent ones he is really trying to sell them

don't get my wrong JB is great, but end of the day these guys are trying to make a living out of this hobby and youtube

Offline UrbanFPV

• Liked: 106
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 11:11:03 »
I’ve just taken delivery of fatshark hd3’s, still in the box. Do I send them back for HDO’s?! Discuss...

Send them back for some AOMWAY Commander V2s.  Looks like they've just been released. :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:09:01 by UrbanFPV »
Talon SVX, Tyrant S 215, GEPRC Sparrow (Mo Sparah), ImpulseRC Reverb
Mavic Pro
SonicModell AR Wing
Frsky X-Lite + R9M Lite
Aomway Commanders
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9rqz1V6XIaU3xikNDzjKg

Offline ched999uk

• Liked: 652
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 11:24:04 »

those that get fatshark for the hdmi input are wasting money imo, get a holder for you mobile phone, most mobiles have HD or UHD resolution and the phone holders provide a massive cinema like FOV for watching films etc

until they make vtx/vrx that can transmit HD video with low latency and rock solid connection to reduce noise there will be no need for high resolution fancy googles

so buy your googles based on the FOV you want

JD videos on the HD0 are starting to seem biased towards the HD0, his first video seems honest, where he says they are not really an upgrade to the HD3 just different
his recent ones he is really trying to sell them

don't get my wrong JB is great, but end of the day these guys are trying to make a living out of this hobby and youtube

I have only seen the first JB Video, so that is the one I was talking about at top.

One advantage of the HDO and it's HDMI is for using it on simulators. I am not sure it is actually better for them to support 1080 instead of 720 as you say we only have SD video feed when flying.
While the resolution is better at 900x720 as you say we only feed in 720 pixels x 576 lines(is there a diff lines/pixels?). Depending on the analogue to digital conversion it could be better that the older design HD3 but who knows?
Also they say the HDO can provide more power to the receiver bay which might be useful but it doesn't come with a bigger battery?

The one thing that would worry me is the HDO is using 'new' technology in googles so what will long term reliability be like? OK so FatShark do have a good reputation re repairs but if their use of the new OLed technology isn't up to the abuse of being in goggles they might not last much past 12months? I have no ideas if this will prove to be the case but not sure the extra features are worth the extra money at the moment.

This may be controversial but the new Commanders are about to be released. So might be worth sending back under distance selling rules. OK so it will cost you p&p both ways but might be worth waiting a few weeks to see what comes out in the wash. Unless you don't have any usable goggles at moment!

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 70
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 13:29:53 »
the HDO does provide more power for the larger modules but these has separate power inputs anyway and will work with any other fatsharks, these modules are very expensive too
most people will be using a furious fpv trueD or a laforge

for a simulator ye high res is great but is it really worth the extra cost?

as you said the HDO uses new tech, i'd rather wait for the HDO v2 for them to iron out any issues, hopefully by then we will have better cameras that can make use of the new features

with regards to the battery the HDO use the same 1800mah that came with the HD3 (none core version)
i use a 2500mah 2s tattu battery, its smaller and lighter than the fatshark battery, also lasts all day (5-6 hours i read online) which is more than enough for my flights and watching my mates fly when i'm taking a break

Offline Lamaule

• Liked: 690
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 21:25:38 »
As a hd3 owner I can say the Dom v2 are better.  I think you’ll find them hard to beat!

You’ll have to open the wrapper to find out for yourself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 21:33:07 »
I stuck with the hd3! They’re pushing back the release date for the next batch of hdo.

Offline Jakalas

• Liked: 191
  • Say what...?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 22:18:14 »
I love my Dom V2’s to bits. There’s a reason why you don’t see many of them poping up in the second hand market.

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1216
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 08:02:36 »
I stuck with the hd3! They’re pushing back the release date for the next batch of hdo.

Not such a bad thing the mk2 will have all the lumps sorted.
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline Sweet Pickle

• Liked: 148
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 16:11:35 »
I have HD3's and Skyzone 01's. I absolutely 100% prefer the Skyzones but as the HD3's have HDMI (handy for Shield and Mavic Pro even though I have the DJI goggles).

I don't think I'd ever buy Fatshark again. The comfort isn't for me at all. They really don't fit my face well. I have upgraded the foam but they still hurt and bleed light. Finally, the Furious FPV module is absolute pish. The fit is diabolical. Built in Diversity all the way. I would change to the stupid LaForge to see if that was any better but having already pi$$ed as much up the wall on these I can't justify it.
Hateful bag of cack.

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1378
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 19:02:18 »
Dom v2 ftw I am afraid 😟

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
HDO or HD3
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 19:39:32 »
Dom v2? The blue ones? The ones I’ve been flying for the last 3 years?!

Offline BillM-RC

• Liked: 7
  • BillM-RC - RC Enthusiast & RC Reviewer
    • BillM-RC
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 01:40:59 »
When it comes to choosing goggles, your face shape & eyes are critical and screen types & resolutions are only as good as the compatibility & suitability to your face & eyes. So, no set of goggles can ever be better than another until they can be versatile enough to accommodate the many complexities of most individuals.

Offline palros

• Liked: 10
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 14:02:07 »
I managed to get hold of a set of HDO's the other week.
Here is my quick review and thoughts

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 14:07:05 »
I tried a pair of skyzone 03 v2 the other week. They just don’t fit a big western nose and there isn’t enough curvature on faceplate, I could see the guy standing next to me while I was wearing them!

Offline palros

• Liked: 10
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 20:39:17 »
I tried a pair of skyzone 03 v2 the other week. They just don’t fit a big western nose and there isn’t enough curvature on faceplate, I could see the guy standing next to me while I was wearing them!

I am really interested to try the 03 V2's. I love my current skyzones. Even they HDO's i tired would not draw me away.... for now

Offline Hozza

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Liked: 275
  • Meh!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 20:41:53 »

You sure they are the revamped version?

Offline Elmattbo

• Youtube
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 20:54:30 »
You sure they are the revamped version?

Yup!

The optics were really good actually, very crisp and better than fatshark. Just the faceplate causing light leaks. 

Offline Hozza

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Liked: 275
  • Meh!
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 03:25:28 »
That's disappointing, thought the faceplate shim were meant to stop that.

Offline DarkButterfly

• Wings in the sky
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Liked: 1132
  • Got the Hexfactor
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 10:15:50 »
I'm still rocking the Dom V2, they're awesome for my style of flying and I have no intention of upgrading yet.
good to see new products coming out, however it's about justifying the cost and whether it's worthwhile upgrading, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. ~~
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386

Offline Sweet Pickle

• Liked: 148
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 00:19:35 »

Yup!

The optics were really good actually, very crisp and better than fatshark. Just the faceplate causing light leaks. 

Who has stock of these in the UK?
I was going to pre order from Banggood as they were dirt cheap. Find up a fair bit now.