User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: beararsedcheek... :laugh:
    September 18, 2018, 18:42:15
  • Bad Raven: or bearreft, or bear left?
    September 17, 2018, 14:21:16
  • Bad Raven: or isnotherebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:30
  • Bad Raven: more like doesnotcarebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:07
  • Gav: carebear?
    September 17, 2018, 11:37:44
  • atomiclama: you there bear??
    September 15, 2018, 11:42:45
  • Reman: Got stuck in traffic yesterday. After an hour I started using my phone (And an OTG cable) to look through the media files on a keyring of my old USB sticks. Found one that had the entire run of "Firefly" on it. I got through 3 episodes before the traffic started moving again....... God, That really was an amazing show.
    September 14, 2018, 19:52:46
  • Gav: ok dude
    September 08, 2018, 16:40:59
  • mo_miah: Gav- if its a camera ship then TBS crossfire is definitely what you need, the FrSky has limited channels and telemetry options, TBS crossfire has much better features and more channels to control camera gimbals etc
    September 07, 2018, 11:53:01
  • Gav: mo miah - wanna swap from immertionRC UHF and try something else on my camera Ship.
    September 07, 2018, 11:25:40
  • DarkButterfly: My laminate arrived, the rebuild is coming along ~~
    September 06, 2018, 20:00:44
  • hoverfly: I coated a couple of Slipstreams  a few years ago  It stiffened up the wing nicely .On the down side although it prevented dings when i had an high speed"arrival" it left the resin cracked. and the glass lifted slightly.  Well stuck laminate stiffens the wing and is flexible..
    September 06, 2018, 18:26:13
  • DarkButterfly: I'm doing laminate, just put my order in for some, also got some balsa wood for the side parts, had to use a kitchen knife to seperate the foam from the busted wood
    September 05, 2018, 13:21:11
  • atomiclama: Thanks, can't decide on fibre glass or laminate. Like the idea of fibre for some reason, don't know why.
    September 05, 2018, 10:45:48
  • Bad Raven: Usng PolyC, yes
    September 05, 2018, 10:13:54
  • atomiclama: Anyone fibre glass coat their wings??
    September 05, 2018, 09:30:22
  • atomiclama: @DB well you obviously need a bigger motor and ESC, as flying slower is just not possible.  ::)
    September 05, 2018, 09:29:59
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    September 05, 2018, 09:10:18
  • hoverfly: If you put a couple of coats of Eze Kote on the wing before the laminate it sticks really well ..no lifting.. :smiley:
    September 05, 2018, 08:47:37
  • DarkButterfly: If it makes you feel better, I’m going to completely refurbish my falcon Evo with new balsa sides and new laminate ~~
    September 04, 2018, 21:42:53

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Playtime  (Read 759 times)

Offline Lamaule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 595
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • My YouTube Channel
Playtime
« on: April 09, 2018, 22:38:38 »
Well, something good had to come out of a failed trip to derelict church with a big no drones sign in the pouring rain.  Turns out if you drive for long enough you will find an awesome kiddies playground - where it’s also raining. Lol.

Hope you enjoy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online Andy7

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 752
    • The Tracker
Re: Playtime
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 23:27:49 »
Very, VERY nice indeed! Such a simple location - this one is all about the flying... ok, and the lovely BR
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7

Offline Bajadre

• Site Sponsor
  • Liked: 209
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 23:33:15 »
Outstanding as usual Lamaule  ~~  ~~ how you don't have more subs is beyond me tbh keep up the great work brother  :cool:
Emax nighthawk 280,Emax x4,Blade 350qx3,dx6 (gen2),fatshark doms v2.

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1318
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 00:52:46 »
Pretty spectacular flying mate, I have to ask -how many set of props did you kill?

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 06:36:04 »
Very, VERY nice indeed! Such a simple location - this one is all about the flying... ok, and the lovely BR

Thanks Andy.  I wasn’t sure This would make a good video given the weather and the location.  In honesty we nearly didn’t fly considering how bad the weather was - in hindsight I’m glad we did.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 06:40:35 »
Outstanding as usual Lamaule  ~~  ~~ how you don't have more subs is beyond me tbh keep up the great work brother  :cool:

Thanks Bajadre.  I’m starting to think video making has now become a hobby in itself - blame Andy7.  🤣

I’ve got to admit I’m really enjoying it and it’s so nice to hear others enjoy them too.  Even if I didn’t have any subs they’re still really nice to look back on and a good tool to see how your flying is developing.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 06:49:13 »
Pretty spectacular flying mate, I have to ask -how many set of props did you kill?

Hey Cheredanine.  Thanks for the kind words.  I had two crashes - one a stupid mistake and the other extremely minor.

The first was running down to the little blue tunnel - which was really tight!  I was thinking ahead of how to make the turn and line up on it and as a result I didn’t see a branch which slapped me down on to the deck. #facepalm! Lol.

The second hardly constitutes a crash.  I clipped the wood chips while flying under the swings and the F.C. reacted by ballooning me up in to the air. I disarmed and landed upside down resulting in a walk of shame.

So 3 packs flown and no props broken.  The worst issue I had was moisture being flicked on to the camera lens.

If you’re interested and you’d like me to post some raw/crash footage I’m happy to.

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1182
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 08:47:09 »
The no drone signs are turning up more frequently , why they are going up on derelict buildings is beyond me. What are they worried about.?
Yet another triumph with the vid, the pipe in the intro has "fly me if you dare" written all over it. :notworthy:

Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Online Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 09:10:36 »
What bitrate are you rendering at? I've noticed that since I've been using Davinci that YT turns the faster bits of my vids into MUSH, and that's really biting my a$$ right now. Last one was OVER THE TOP at 125kb/s - think 10-15k is about what they recommend for 1080 30fps. I wonder if they overcompensated on my upload and there's a sweet-spot.
Trying a test render at Davinci's default 1080p setting  - though I suspect that's not tuned for action shots.  :hmm:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:33:57 by Andy7 »
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1318
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:34 »
Hey Cheredanine.  Thanks for the kind words.  I had two crashes - one a stupid mistake and the other extremely minor.

The first was running down to the little blue tunnel - which was really tight!  I was thinking ahead of how to make the turn and line up on it and as a result I didn’t see a branch which slapped me down on to the deck. #facepalm! Lol.

The second hardly constitutes a crash.  I clipped the wood chips while flying under the swings and the F.C. reacted by ballooning me up in to the air. I disarmed and landed upside down resulting in a walk of shame.

So 3 packs flown and no props broken.  The worst issue I had was moisture being flicked on to the camera lens.

If you’re interested and you’d like me to post some raw/crash footage I’m happy to.

Think I would have come off a lot worse on the swing chains, I always manage to hit that sort of thing. You running reversed prop direction?

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 19:05:45 »
The no drone signs are turning up more frequently , why they are going up on derelict buildings is beyond me. What are they worried about.?
Yet another triumph with the vid, the pipe in the intro has "fly me if you dare" written all over it. :notworthy:
Yeah, it’s a real shame.  We try to get in and out before the world wakes up. That way no one even knows you were there.  Others I fear aren’t so surreptitious.

Thanks hoverfly, glad you enjoyed it!

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 19:09:00 »
What bitrate are you rendering at? I've noticed that since I've been using Davinci that YT turns the faster bits of my vids into MUSH, and that's really biting my a$$ right now. Last one was OVER THE TOP at 125kb/s - think 10-15k is about what they recommend for 1080 30fps. I wonder if they overcompensated on my upload and there's a sweet-spot.
Trying a test render at Davinci's default 1080p setting  - though I suspect that's not tuned for action shots.  :hmm:
I’m rendering in mpeg 4 at 4K. 3840*2160 at 30fps.  The bitrate is 50Mbps.  I seem to be getting much better quality with these settings on YouTube but my render time has gone through the roof.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 19:16:17 »
Think I would have come off a lot worse on the swing chains, I always manage to hit that sort of thing. You running reversed prop direction?

I turned my aggression down to a 7 for this spot.  Normally I build up to hard flying once I’ve familiarised myself with the location and three packs just isn’t enough for me to start flying hard.  I had a pretty clean session on the whole. Scrapped a couple of props, but didn’t really touch anything in the first place.

Props are running the right way round - I really should reverse them given my penchant for the scraggle ! Lol.

Online Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 09:30:29 »
I’m rendering in mpeg 4 at 4K. 3840*2160 at 30fps.  The bitrate is 50Mbps.  I seem to be getting much better quality with these settings on YouTube but my render time has gone through the roof.
Ah, yes - the 4k trick. Saw Joshua Bardwell talking about that a while ago. Got a 4K version of "Why do you fly" rendering at the moment.. let's see how that comes out. Yeah, render time has bottomed out - used to render faster than realtime at 1080p. May need to use the BIG machine at work for videos if this is the way forward. I think Drib and co publish at 4k too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:52:59 by Andy7 »
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline mo_miah

• Liked: 69
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 10:07:15 »
really like all the flight videos you guys put up
what cameras are you all using?
my acro is crap atm but would love to film each flight to see how its improving over time

Online Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 10:54:46 »
I use a Runcam 3 for my action camera and love the way it handles dynamic lighting situations - if you fly under a tree or a gap, you can still see perfectly well. The colours are nice and vibrant in good lighting conditions and it deals well with 60fps. It DOES sometimes shut down when it's particularly hot or cold.
You can't get those any more and I 'think' that the runcam split uses the same tech - but some folk have trouble with that.
For the vlog, I use a canon 600d but with my 50th coming up in May I have the opportunuity to upgrade my camera - possibly something like a lumix g85.
I also record bits and pieces on my Sony Z1 phone. The camera's REALLY good on that
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 19:26:47 »
Ah, yes - the 4k trick. Saw Joshua Bardwell talking about that a while ago. Got a 4K version of "Why do you fly" rendering at the moment.. let's see how that comes out. Yeah, render time has bottomed out - used to render faster than realtime at 1080p. May need to use the BIG machine at work for videos if this is the way forward. I think Drib and co publish at 4k too.

I think it's worth the extra time and effort.  I do it as standard now given I can see the difference! :)

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 19:31:34 »
really like all the flight videos you guys put up
what cameras are you all using?
my acro is crap atm but would love to film each flight to see how its improving over time

Thanks Mo.

I'm currently using a GoPro Hero Session 5, but I've only recently treated myself to such an expensive camera - it occasionally feels like a real risk having £180 of camera in the air.  Luckily I have the John Lewis accidental damage cover to protect against the occasional 'incident'.  Superview is well worth the cost, as is having access to ProTune, but that's mostly because I enjoy the production side of things too.

Other than that I used to use the Runcam 3.  It was a great camera, great footage straight out of the box and it was surprisingly resilient - although it has now died! :(  Hopefully Runcam will produce a new version at some point as the Runcam 2 is extremely fragile - I wouldn't recommend it having broken 2 in short order.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 19:32:46 »
I use a Runcam 3 for my action camera and love the way it handles dynamic lighting situations - if you fly under a tree or a gap, you can still see perfectly well. The colours are nice and vibrant in good lighting conditions and it deals well with 60fps. It DOES sometimes shut down when it's particularly hot or cold.
You can't get those any more and I 'think' that the runcam split uses the same tech - but some folk have trouble with that.
For the vlog, I use a canon 600d but with my 50th coming up in May I have the opportunuity to upgrade my camera - possibly something like a lumix g85.
I also record bits and pieces on my Sony Z1 phone. The camera's REALLY good on that

oooooooooh! Upgrade! :D :cool: :frantic: ~~ :wack0

Online Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 22:16:13 »
I think it's worth the extra time and effort.  I do it as standard now given I can see the difference! :)
Hah! Yes, that worked a treat. Took YT a little while for the higher rate versions to appear though.
 :popcorn:
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2018, 06:38:39 »
Hah! Yes, that worked a treat. Took YT a little while for the higher rate versions to appear though.
 :popcorn:
You should fine that the 1080p version is better quality too - less blocky.

You’re right though, YouTube takes a long time to process them.

Online Andy7

• Global Moderator
    • The Tracker
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 08:17:14 »
Yeah, 1080p looks great. Before, there were huhe chunks left behind on the screen, esp when I was flying fast and low and there was loads of movement.
Hubsan X4 107 V2

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 332
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 22:26:39 »
Nice vid and interesting discussion! I switched from a GoPro session to session 5  at the end of last year and it makes a big difference. I asked stingerswarm what settings he uses and those guys record at 2.7k 30FPS (28fps for PAL). It definitely made a difference for the YouTube upload quality, but my last vid was recorded at 1080p 60fps and it’s hardly any different as far as I can see. I think ultimately it’s bitrate that makes the difference in quality when you upload to YouTube.

I won’t pretend to be particularly knowledgable about any of this though, I use iMovie for editing which doesn’t give you much control in rendering.

One thing that did make a difference though was an ND filter. They can be used to reduce jello but they also change the shutter speed of the camera which can improve results too. The only issue is they aren’t very robust and won’t survive a crash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 332
    • Youtube
Playtime
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 22:28:57 »
If you’re interested, the session 5 seems to aim for around 50bps and this was 1080p 60fps

And this was 2.7k 28fps using an ND filter for the first bit round the bent tree.

For comparison this was with a hero session which does about 24bps at 1080p 30fps. I’ve never been happy with the quality of this vid.

It seems if bitrate is low, YouTube just kills the upload quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:53:20 by Elmattbo »