User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: beararsedcheek... :laugh:
    September 18, 2018, 18:42:15
  • Bad Raven: or bearreft, or bear left?
    September 17, 2018, 14:21:16
  • Bad Raven: or isnotherebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:30
  • Bad Raven: more like doesnotcarebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:07
  • Gav: carebear?
    September 17, 2018, 11:37:44
  • atomiclama: you there bear??
    September 15, 2018, 11:42:45
  • Reman: Got stuck in traffic yesterday. After an hour I started using my phone (And an OTG cable) to look through the media files on a keyring of my old USB sticks. Found one that had the entire run of "Firefly" on it. I got through 3 episodes before the traffic started moving again....... God, That really was an amazing show.
    September 14, 2018, 19:52:46
  • Gav: ok dude
    September 08, 2018, 16:40:59
  • mo_miah: Gav- if its a camera ship then TBS crossfire is definitely what you need, the FrSky has limited channels and telemetry options, TBS crossfire has much better features and more channels to control camera gimbals etc
    September 07, 2018, 11:53:01
  • Gav: mo miah - wanna swap from immertionRC UHF and try something else on my camera Ship.
    September 07, 2018, 11:25:40
  • DarkButterfly: My laminate arrived, the rebuild is coming along ~~
    September 06, 2018, 20:00:44
  • hoverfly: I coated a couple of Slipstreams  a few years ago  It stiffened up the wing nicely .On the down side although it prevented dings when i had an high speed"arrival" it left the resin cracked. and the glass lifted slightly.  Well stuck laminate stiffens the wing and is flexible..
    September 06, 2018, 18:26:13
  • DarkButterfly: I'm doing laminate, just put my order in for some, also got some balsa wood for the side parts, had to use a kitchen knife to seperate the foam from the busted wood
    September 05, 2018, 13:21:11
  • atomiclama: Thanks, can't decide on fibre glass or laminate. Like the idea of fibre for some reason, don't know why.
    September 05, 2018, 10:45:48
  • Bad Raven: Usng PolyC, yes
    September 05, 2018, 10:13:54
  • atomiclama: Anyone fibre glass coat their wings??
    September 05, 2018, 09:30:22
  • atomiclama: @DB well you obviously need a bigger motor and ESC, as flying slower is just not possible.  ::)
    September 05, 2018, 09:29:59
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    September 05, 2018, 09:10:18
  • hoverfly: If you put a couple of coats of Eze Kote on the wing before the laminate it sticks really well ..no lifting.. :smiley:
    September 05, 2018, 08:47:37
  • DarkButterfly: If it makes you feel better, I’m going to completely refurbish my falcon Evo with new balsa sides and new laminate ~~
    September 04, 2018, 21:42:53

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: X9D+ SE vs QX7s  (Read 451 times)

Offline mo_miah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 69
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
X9D+ SE vs QX7s
« on: March 11, 2018, 16:04:40 »
Battle of the frsky special editions

Im stuck between the two. I want the hall effect gimbals
Am i going i make use of all the switches on the x9d?
Arm. Flight modes. Turtle mode. Any other modes i need switches for? Buzzer maybe if the quad goes down and one for flashing leds
I like thats the x9d se already has the 5db mod done. Great if you want longer range without going down the crossfire route.
Is the qx7s 5db ready?

Anyone have any info that can help. Pros and cons of both

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1325
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: X9D+ SE vs QX7s
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 16:48:37 »
I have an x9d+ to which I have fitted Hall effect gimbals, a qx7s (and a tbs tango with an Frsky module fitted)
I don’t have any failsafe or range problems
I did use switches for all sorts of gibberish but nowerdays I set up three:
3 posn -angle/horizon/rate -I could ditch this, I never use angle or horizon
3 posn -dissarm/arm/arm and air mode
Momentary -pre arm

You don’t need buzzer, you don’t even need a buzzer on the quad, you can configure your motors to beep after a period of inactivity
I don’t use turtle mode, it is for racers in the middle of a race when there is the off chance you can write yourself and finish a race, when you use turtle mode you are playing a game of Russian roulette with blocked motors running the risk of burning the motor, the esc or both, just a dumb call

Offline mo_miah

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 18:00:18 »
Thanks for the reply. Nice to have someone with experience of both.
Which radio do you normally fly with and why? What are the ergonomics like on both radios?

Offline Gavster29

• Liked: 46
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 18:02:28 »
Hi Mo,

I am very happy with the QX7 which is pretty much the same as the s but with standard gimbals, when I first picked it up I thought it was HUGE but I'm actually liking the size of it and it sits comfortably in the hand.

I can't see me needing any extra switches, maybe if I had a fixed wing?

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Offline mo_miah

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 19:55:23 »
Its a shame theres not a shop you can walk into and try both out for feel

Offline mo_miah

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 11:11:58 »
i've been told the qx7 sticks are further away from the edge, hows everyone finding them using thumb and/or pinch?
did want the x9d se, but cant justify the extra £70
ye the screen is bigger, useful for telemetry but the qx7s lets you link your phone screen to display telemetry and all that jazz
so unless the ergonomics on the x9d is amazing i think i'll go with qx7s and spend the balance on lipos or a tbs crossfire and do the mod or a new frame lol

Offline ebbo76

• Liked: 7
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:28:19 »
Mo,  mine arrived yesterday.   Feels nice to hold,  but haven't played with it much yet.   Need to remove the ratchet from the throttle and loosen the springs a bit as the sticks are quite stiff out the box for me.  Can't comment on pinching as that just feels alien to me after years of thumbs on RC cars.  No problem thumbing it though.   The grip is quite chunky if you have small hands.
Got mine for 150 with free SD card.   3DXR.co.uk
Really good service.   Think I got the last one in stock,  but they can back order in.   Was way cheaper than BangGood which is odd.   The standard QX7 is cheaper from China,  but the S is cheaper to get locally.   Bizarre!

Offline mo_miah

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 11:32:09 »
Mo,  mine arrived yesterday.   Feels nice to hold,  but haven't played with it much yet.   Need to remove the ratchet from the throttle and loosen the springs a bit as the sticks are quite stiff out the box for me.  Can't comment on pinching as that just feels alien to me after years of thumbs on RC cars.  No problem thumbing it though.   The grip is quite chunky if you have small hands.
Got mine for 150 with free SD card.   3DXR.co.uk
Really good service.   Think I got the last one in stock,  but they can back order in.   Was way cheaper than BangGood which is odd.   The standard QX7 is cheaper from China,  but the S is cheaper to get locally.   Bizarre!

thanks for the reply
im the same, i came from an rc car background so used to thumbs and wheels/triggers
did try pinching on my flysky th9x, was weird at first but found i can do much finer movements