Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 22:48:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

E011 - My new adventure!

Started by Gavster29, Tuesday,March 06, 2018, 11:03:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavster29

OK so my quad experience is a little mixed, I have an E010 and have loved playing with it however when trying to go FPV it is a little under powered.  I then changed the brain to use my FlySky radio, I started doing some flips and trying to learn a bit more about flights, I have to say I love the E010 LOS!

So wanting more I have built a bigger quad the Air-Ro 4" racing quad but I don't have the confidence to take it out and do some big crashes!  The problem with the Air-Ro is that in building it I swapped radio gear from the FlySky to a FrSky so my E010 brain doesn't work.

Next problem - I have EU firmware on the QX7 and didn't want to start flashing the firmware, and I accidentally ordered an XM instead of an XM+ on my Air-Ro build, so when I ordered the XM+ I kept the XM as a spare.

My vision was to rebuild the E010 however as you can see from the title of this thread, I have just ordered an E011, a spare frame and spare props, I had ordered a receiver free brain for the E010 but I will now use that on the E011 and will add the XM receiver in the hope that I can learn more about the radio and setting up betaflight before moving on properly to FPV on the Air-Ro!

mo_miah

the eachine E010 is great fun, i added a vm275t fpv cam to mine but i agree the little extra weight is too much
could try a giant whoop build? the frames are available on amazon by a company could betafpv, they go 65mm up to 85mm
the 85mm frame uses 8.5x20 motors, same FC, 1s 500mah lipos, so plenty of power for fpv and still safe enough to fly and crash around the house
if you have a space FC already then the frame and motors are about £25 off amazon

Gavster29

Thanks Mo,

I did look at other options and BetaFPV stuff was one of those options, however.....

£15 for E011, Frame and extra Props
£10 for 5x 260mah 1s 45C batteries

So it made sense to buy the kit and have spares, just the waiting is a pain!

I will probably use the E011 electrics in a Whoov!

Bad Raven

Firstly, Tiny Whooping the E010 is best with "insane" grade motors. 

Also there are very differing weights in camera combos, take note when adding to an E010, use the lightest even if the TVL is low!!

And they are only meant to be "raced", and that in angle. Forget Freestyle without spending a lot more!

If using the E010 TX, fit stick extensions, they make a world of difference.

Secondly, the Tiny6 and Tiny7 both manage decent performance std, It CAN be done!!

Gavster29

Quote from: Bad Raven on Tuesday,March 06, 2018, 21:27:22
Firstly, Tiny Whooping the E010 is best with "insane" grade motors. 

Also there are very differing weights in camera combos, take note when adding to an E010, use the lightest even if the TVL is low!!

And they are only meant to be "raced", and that in angle. Forget Freestyle without spending a lot more!

If using the E010 TX, fit stick extensions, they make a world of difference.

Secondly, the Tiny6 and Tiny7 both manage decent performance std, It CAN be done!!
Hi Bad Raven,

I think you may have got it slightly wrong here, I have an E010 and it's great fun but any additional weight just causes issues, I upgraded the motors and killed my battery in half its normal flight time!  I couldn't find the happy medium. My main goal is to improve my skills as a pilot and get confident with FPV.

Since changing to a Taranis QX7 transmitter my E010 practice has stopped and I ordered a new controller and will be using my XM receiver.

In terms of racing, well I don't race but just around the house it is great in angle mode which I know all the top whoop pilots use!  However from a skill sharpening point I like acro and my first flip was on the E010 of course LOS not FPV but it helps work out what does what, it's a good learning tool.

With that said and done I couldn't get a good balance on motors, FPV and flight times I have some insane motors but flight times half with a camera mounted, so while I upgraded flight controller I thought I would upgrade to the E011 I'll be removing the nice man on top and putting on a camera.

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Bad Raven

Quote from: Gavster29 on Tuesday,March 06, 2018, 21:51:04
I think you may have got it slightly wrong here

Well, I readily accept I might have got it wrong, but if I have, nobody told my four E010's and three Inductrix so modded.   ::) ::)

Gavster29

Wrong in what I'm trying to achieve here not wrong about the E010.

I have tried a few different things and from what I read the E011 just handles the extra weight better with less strain on the motors as they are that little bit bigger, and flight times should match an E010 without a camera fitted.

I may well end up very disappointed or I may be very happy :) either way E011 ordered and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Gavster29

So I couldn't wait!

I put the FC in my E010, I need some whoop fly time!  I have used Project Mockingbird settings as well and I quite like it :). I still feel like the camera is too heavy on the E010 so I'm keeping it LOS.

I guess the long and short of it, I'll be buying another FC for the E011 and having them both!

Reman

My personal preference is to directly solder the motor wires to the board on these tiny brushed builds (Unless the board already has plugs). Not saying what you've done is wrong or bad, It's just that lifting the 10 or so extra grams of those plugs can affect flight duration on something as light as these Whoop builds. As an example, I got on average about another 20 seconds of flight time out of my original E010 build by replacing the camera mount with a triangle of plastic cut from a fizzy drink bottle and a double sided foam pad.

I do feel the E011 is the better starting point for a cheap indoor FPV flying though. The 7mm motors give a pretty reasonable amount of extra thrust to carry a larger battery and AIO camera over the E010. You also don't need to be so anal about keeping the weight to an absolute minimum.

I actually went a similar route as you with these by modifying a couple of E010's with Betaflight compatible FC's, AIO cams, and upgraded motors, But they still didn't have enough punch to fly very well with the battery at anything under half discharged..... Then I got an E011. I transferred the FC and cam off one of my originals into it and found that even the stock motors made more power than the upgraded 6mm ones in my remaining E010 !

As an indoor FPV racer it's ridiculously fun. Not so quick that you're going to be bouncing off the ceiling every time you glance at the throttle stick, But it's still powerful enough to raise the pulse rate. :)

I remember last summer, I was the only person home, So I was flying circuits around the house and getting faster and faster (Through the living room, Down the hall, Then a sweeping U turn through the door into the kitchen diner, Out the patio door, A sharp left (Being careful to avoid the treacherous "Hanging basket of doom" !  :whistling:), Along the wall, Then another sharp left to get through the living room window........... And repeat until the cells gone flat. :) ). It was all going brilliantly until I started thinking it would be a great idea to throw in a forward roll every time I went out the patio door...... It then turned into forced exercise every other circuit as I had to go out into the garden to hunt for where the feckin' thing had accidentally "Landed" yet again.  ::)

Loads of fun, Lots of crashes, But zero damage to the quad or surroundings. Well worth the minimal build time in my book.

I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Gavster29

The reason I didn't solder the motors direct is that they never last that long so didn't want to be soldering all the time, plus this was going to be a stop gap between getting the E011! 8 have a confession here though I lost 1 9f the sockets so had to use fly lead ones as that's what I had in my box, I gave up on that idea and now soldered the 3 sockets on the board and only have 1 fly lead which I shortened.

The E010 I've had for a while and it's brilliant LOS I'll probably keep it that way with this FC, I had the E010 with a FlySky FC but since I changed my radio to FrSky I have been missing out.

Your course sounds great fun, I am looking forward to doing something similar.

What batteries are you running in your E011?

Reman

Quote from: Gavster29 on Sunday,March 11, 2018, 14:18:44
What batteries are you running in your E011?

I just bought 5 of the stock ones from BangGood when I got the quad. They're not the last word in performance, But they were cheap and do the job well enough.
I need a pay rise........ Though I'd settle for a reduction in the amount of hours I need to work to get the same money.

Gavster29

Quote from: Reman on Sunday,March 11, 2018, 14:22:45
I just bought 5 of the stock ones from BangGood when I got the quad. They're not the last word in performance, But they were cheap and do the job well enough.
That's what I ordered as well for the E011 so that's a good start, thank you :)

Gavster29

I am shocked! This little lot arrived today!

Bad Raven

And.......................... and............................. AND!!!....................  Don't keep us in suspenders, man..............   ::) :laugh: ::)

The two I ordered were at home when I got back from the "Ferrari - Under the skin" exhibition at the Design Centre today.

Significantly more power/agility available LOS sans camera so yes will be much better than E010 for FPV camera carrying.

HOWEVER.................... (Why is there ALWAYS a however?)  :banghead:

The orientation lighting is reversed from the E010,  the E011s have red front and blue rear!

Since I'm already running six E010s with the kids , and now a pair of E011 (with more to come) this reversal WILL be an issue, esp for the Special Needs kids, esp Autistic and ADHD.

ALSO, the Tx is a different design stick head and the extenders for the E010 do not fit, so I have to now Mod the 3D file and stock both types for the kids who buy their own.

THANKS...............

Can I please have the person who "designed" these totally unnecessary changes for a "little talk" (and you WILL see bruises)

Gavster29

Ooooops thought I had posted!

I ordered my batteries from elsewhere as I didn't want to get rejected like my last order, so I'm waiting on extra batteries but have had a few flights on the one that came with it.

The motors do help both LOS and carrying the camera, it's much more capable standard than the E010 although the E010 is still a brilliant quad!

I didn't wait too long and swapped out the standard FC for the F3 Pro Whoop and love it one I followed the Project Mockingbird setup.

The main reason for changing was the controller is hard to use, I'm sure it's fine with extended sticks.

The good thing about the controller is it uses a different protocol to the E010 so you can fly together!

In conclusion a great bit of kit, Eachine do a good tiny quad.

Bad Raven

Cheers!

However, E010's DO happily fly together, I have had five flying at once!!  Just don't allow kids to try binding at the same time (ask me how I know, and that was AFTER I'd told them TWICE...............   :rolleyes:)

The std E010 or E011controller is much better with extended sticks, but you should try one on a Horus with OpenTX and multi protocol MP module, Smmmooooth is not the word..................   ::) 

Bad Raven

Re batteries, I had altered all my Inductrix to the flat Hubsan/Walkera/Losi type connector and velcro fitting, and have been using easily UK obtained Nano-tech 260mAh flats with that plug. These annoyingly do not quite fit the E011 cage, so after ensuring they fly OK, (i.e. now!) I'm going to cut away the battery cage and use micro velcro like the Indy's, as I already have more than 25 of those batteries.

Gavster29

Have you got a link to those nanotech batteries? I would prefer a decent brand if I'm honest and I've used nanotech before?

I'm using a Taranis QX7 not quite the Horus but much better than standard!

I never tried 2 E010 together I should have tried it I guess!

Bad Raven

260mAh in the HK search engine............

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-260mah-1s-35-70c-lipo-pack-qr-ladybird-genius-cp-mini-cp.html

NOTE:-

1. These are annoyingly close to battery holder dimension but DO NOT FIT the cage, I removed the top and sides of the cage leaving the end and "bottom", affixing Micro Velcro to a glued on piece of thin plasticard .

2. IMPORTANT!!!!!   - These batteries are used on models that MAY have reversed polarity (like Losi micro cars), be VERY careful that they are the right way round for your use. The tabs can easily be carefully sprung back and the pins extracted and swapped if reversed.

Bad Raven

We had three E010 flying contact combat on Tues night,  ~~

First time in six months I have been beaten!   :thumbdown:

I blame the quad......................  :laugh:

Gavster29

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,March 15, 2018, 09:00:56

First time in six months I have been beaten!   [emoji107]

I blame the quad......................  [emoji23]
I would love to see a group in action!

mo_miah

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,March 15, 2018, 09:00:56

First time in six months I have been beaten!   :thumbdown:

I blame the quad......................  :laugh:

robot wars with quads, sounds good

who played british bullldog as a kid? could do the same with quads too

Bad Raven

Point is, these quads have done that, and also been used weekly by inexperienced 11-15 year olds, and as yet I have ZERO faults and had to make ZERO repairs.

This is with quad to quad contact where a motor "pod" is sometimes jammed down a flying quads prop duct, stopping the prop instantly. Worst thing?  Minor burrs to prop edges.

Gavster29

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,March 15, 2018, 12:05:58
Point is, these quads have done that, and also been used weekly by inexperienced 11-15 year olds, and as yet I have ZERO faults and had to make ZERO repairs.

This is with quad to quad contact where a motor "pod" is sometimes jammed down a flying quads prop duct, stopping the prop instantly. Worst thing?  Minor burrs to prop edges.
I agree 100% these quads are brilliant especially given the cost!

Reman

Quote from: Bad Raven on Thursday,March 15, 2018, 12:05:58

You've mentioned having loads of quads for groups of kids to fly before. I'm curious what that's about?
Are you a teacher doing this as some sort of after school club? Or are you connected with one of the child outreach type programs?

Bad Raven

Quote from: Reman on Thursday,March 15, 2018, 13:20:45
You've mentioned having loads of quads for groups of kids to fly before. I'm curious what that's about?
Are you a teacher doing this as some sort of after school club? Or are you connected with one of the child outreach type programs?

I'll answer that off thread.

Bad Raven

Suddenly Banggood are offering the CHRISTMAS E011 complete with "lego" Santa and tunes unit for under a tenner. Presume this is "lets throw old stock out there".

My immediate thought...................... BUY.....................   ;)    (And remove tunes unit to get rid of noise and save weight)

I order on 7 day max to see, it comes (from Tallinn, Estonia of all places!!!).

It's good. Santa gets new home with youngest grandson. Tunes unit (LOUD!!) plays two tunes, sung in decent English but with Chinese accent, which I find hilarious. Monday is a hoot, buzzing the flight line with close passes, no-one was the least bit annoyed  :whistling:

I go to order more..............  and the price is now £12.50............ so I don't............   :banghead: :thumbdown: