Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 13:49:36

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

ooh, look what just turned up...

Started by Balders, Thursday,April 25, 2013, 13:12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Balders

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Very nice! What is it going onto, a new build?

~~
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

homersainty

oooo nich how long till first test flight ??
If you find yourself in danger of being taken seriously, then try to do something which undermines or sabotages that perception in some way.

Balders

Quote from: ChrisH on Thursday,April 25, 2013, 13:24:30
Very nice! What is it going onto, a new build?

Into my 800mm carbon hexa first...got a bit of messing around to get it all to fit I suspect, although thankfully it';s not as big as I first feared...

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Gaza07

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

ChrisH

Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

johnrs

how much did that bad boy set you back..

looking forward to some video  ~~
New to Quads but loving it

My YouTube Channel

Techie-Review

Balders

Put a couple of batteries through it over the weekend, and hoping to do a few more tests tonight.

I ended up having to do a fair old rebuild, as I found that I had a dead ESC (possibly the cause of my last crash, rather than a result of...) so I had to make up 18 new "extension" leads as I went back to my rctimer 40amp opto';s which are 3.5mm bullet sockets rather than pigtail leads to the motors.

Anyway, cut a long story short, the WKM software is far more comprehensive than naza, allows for far greater tuning/setup (ie you can alter position of GPS puck AND position of the gyro/sensor independantly) and liftoff even in GPS more was straight up no bother whatsoever.  Did the "naza dance" to fix a toilet bowl issue but once that was done it felt locked in, hardly needing a single touch of the right stick, even in my very confined back garden.  Did 2 x 7 mins hover with single 5000mah 4S, batteries came down 3.8v per cell.  No load at this stage, just the airframe, and I will start to add some weight next few evenings and do a load more tests prior to refitting the CM301 gimbal and camera.

The next thing is going to be a few more setups in the software.  For example, you can dedicate a switch for invoking failsafe (at the moment I have it set up as a mix on flight mode) and also I might see if I can set up the Point of Interest feature.

How this works is, you switch it during flight into POI mode and then rudder basically makes it fly in a circle around the point it was facing.  The more rudder you give it, the wider out the circle becomes (at least that';s my very rough understanding).  Gonna be a real "pucker" moment first time I try that one!

A few more nights infront of the laptop and blinking LED';s :)

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

dani_r

Don';t forget with the POI that the aileron increases your circle speed and your pitch moves it up and down :)

Try out the home lock feature too! Avoid home lock if you can. If its done wrong you can set a new home point that';s not your ';real'; home point and can be very interesting in the event of a failsafe! Try a 3 position switch (now you';ve seen the light and got an 8FG ;) ) for your POI stuff.

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Balders

I sold the 8fg Dani! I';m on a DX7S now. Got one 3 position switch and a load of two';s.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

dani_r

Quote from: Balders on Wednesday,May 08, 2013, 15:32:36
I sold the 8fg Dani! I';m on a DX7S now. Got one 3 position switch and a load of two';s.

Dear god... Why would you downgrade?? :p

Balders

haha...

couple of reasons...

1. Cost of receivers...to replace my whole "fleet" was gonna cost me upwards of £500 in rx';s alone
2. Familiarity with Spektrum - I like and know the menu structures. 8FG was gonna be a whole learning curve again.
3. Cost - I got the Dx7S and an AR8000 Rx brand new for less than I sold the 8FG for.

At the time I hadn';t considered going WKM, so it may well be that I miss a 3 position switch and the convenience of POI mode or something like that, but right now, it';s not a big deal for me.  If it becomes necessary, I';ll buy a DX8 which has more 3 position switches.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

pete-c

DIY H Quadcopter with mobius camera  DJI F550 hexacopterwith naza V2 and Firefly camera
DIY Tricopter with kk2.1.5 board
DJI 450 with APM 2.8 and Mobius camera