User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • Reman: Weather's way too ropey to go flying near Bristol today, But it's not too wet to go wading through a muddy field to walk my Labrador though........ Damn it ! LOL !
    August 12, 2018, 11:17:55
  • Bad Raven: They flew quads and planes
    August 10, 2018, 12:59:11
  • Bad Raven: Took some boys flying, they got an hour and a half before the wetness loomed.
    August 10, 2018, 12:58:53
  • mo_miah: lots of rain yesterday with some localised flooding, some more rain today, quads broken anyway so no flying for me, need a new frame :(
    August 10, 2018, 10:06:02
  • hoverfly: Spoke to soon there is some strange wet stuff falling from the sky. and my runner beans are making slurping noises..... ::)
    August 10, 2018, 09:30:31
  • Bad Raven: Bring a sponge.......
    August 10, 2018, 06:07:43
  • hoverfly: Not a drop  here the garden is like a desert..
    August 09, 2018, 21:57:22
  • Bad Raven: BIG thunderstorm with lots of cloud to cloud red and the occasional very close ground strikes.
    August 09, 2018, 21:12:51
  • Clarkie 22: Bad Crash and a poorly rotor arm :/
    August 06, 2018, 18:31:53
  • Bad Raven: The screamer alarm went off, usually early warning, but nit this time, didn't make it back to patch.
    August 06, 2018, 17:35:29
  • Bad Raven: Think I ran this pack a little close, just had to put 2359 into a 2200 pack. OOPS!
    August 06, 2018, 17:33:21
  • Bad Raven: I think nthere's agreat similarity, both talentless and over hyped.
    August 06, 2018, 14:21:58
  • Bajadre: @ Reman yeah matey haha
    August 06, 2018, 14:18:59
  • shawdreamer: keep that up and the only thing you'll "get" is commited.
    August 06, 2018, 13:48:17
  • hoverfly: Weird that i get..marianne faithfull broken english..... :shrug: :shrug:
    August 06, 2018, 13:22:23
  • Gav: :hmm:
    August 06, 2018, 11:33:20
  • DarkButterfly: Nope, that's just you ::)
    August 06, 2018, 10:43:08
  • shawdreamer: nope..... thats erm....... probably just you :huh
    August 06, 2018, 10:37:01
  • Reman: Is it just me, Or whilst browsing Tattu packs online, Does anyone else get that song "All the things you said" stuck in their mind ? :)
    August 06, 2018, 09:57:59
  • hoverfly: Hit the button on a Genesis  wing, it's getting the full treatment.F405-wing  or F411wing   F/C . and a cheapy  LIDAR .. ::)
    August 06, 2018, 09:53:47

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Greetings from Pontefract / Wakefield  (Read 304 times)

Offline QuadFox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 7
Greetings from Pontefract / Wakefield
« on: February 11, 2018, 00:17:34 »
Hello all, about time I got a bit more social in this hobby!

Me and the other half have been messing about with multirotors for over a year now, all DIY builds. Neither of us are exactly skilled acro FPV fliers yet, but it's still damn good fun. We're in the Wakefield / Pontefract area, West Yorkshire. Would love to meet up with fellow flyers in the region, as ever the trouble in this tiny island is finding somewhere safe to fly.

We're both IT types and I always dabbled in electronics, so this hobby is the perfect fusion of everything I already enjoy. I've become quite proficient in building various copters from micro through 210/250/450 and 550 hexa, hacking stuff around, flashing various firmwares, hacking opentx etc. Only tonight finished building a 90mm. I'm building a workshop in the garden to expand out and tinker more. Truth be told I probably enjoy the technical aspects more than the actual flying, at least until I get more practice.

Learnt a *ton* of stuff from various youtubers, so I'm keen to give back a little by helping anyone else understand it all, more than happy to help out anyone local!

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1286
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Re: Greetings from Pontefract / Wakefield
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:16:19 »
Hi and  :welcome:
I was brought up in Featherstone and went to school in Ponte :) but live near Cheltenham now.
What you are after is, I suspect PANDAs, they fly at Pontefract racecourse

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1145
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:26:06 »
Know what you mean Cheredanine  I went to Featherstone once and was sick as well. :laugh:
Welcome Quadfox , reality ends here .... ::)
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline QuadFox

• Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 11:36:23 »
I was brought up in Featherstone and went to school in Ponte :) but live near Cheltenham now.

I used to have grandparents who retired to Winchcombe, just over the hill from Cheltenham. I know which part of the country I'd rather live in!

(I wasn't born here, strictly I'm from Bedfordshire, but grew up in Worcester and later further up north near Skipton, one day hope to return to Worcestershire or Gloucestershire. Never really known how to answer the question "Where are you from?")

I'm aware of PANDAS but not made contact yet, I'm not entirely certain how traditional model clubs (or rather some of their members) consider multirotor enthusiasts. I've seen a lot of animosity from some model flyers towards "droners", which I can understand if my decades-old model flying hobby was being dragged down a regulatory path because of new technology combined with idiot flyers. That said, I wouldn't mind trying some fixed-wing flying some time either.

Offline Cheredanine

• Liked: 1286
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 13:50:34 »
There is omeone from PANDAs around here somewhere, they have done fpv quad events, (know what you mean, clubs around here think if it has more then 1motor it is the spawn of Satan)

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 611
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 17:29:18 »
There is omeone from PANDAs around here somewhere, they have done fpv quad events, (know what you mean, clubs around here think if it has more then 1motor it is the spawn of Satan)

The great thing about MR's is that they have made helicopters acceptable mainstream.   :whistling: