User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • yama: contemplating a mavic 2 zoom?? i have always been anti dji normally...
    October 15, 2018, 09:16:27
  • hoverfly: Typical.... lazy sods. spin them up. ::)
    October 13, 2018, 19:52:31
  • atomiclama: I've some 5 inch 3D props doing nowt.
    October 12, 2018, 19:53:07
  • Gav: a 6" 3D Prop Shop
    October 12, 2018, 19:22:08
  • Wyntrblue: Anyone know where to get 6” 3D props?
    October 12, 2018, 19:08:49
  • atomiclama: How are they going to prove otherwise?
    October 12, 2018, 13:25:23
  • atomiclama: Think I'll put a 25mW sticker on mine. also a stick that says quad is limited to 399ft. I'll also put something on my tx stating 25mW. Sorted everyone happy  ::)
    October 12, 2018, 13:24:21
  • Bad Raven: I think a lot of us will have seen the published (leaked) training instructions to police officers on FPV, which was both incomplete and incorrect. Only the Little Hitler types will be comfortable treading any of that path!
    October 12, 2018, 07:08:58
  • Bajadre: I dont it reman unless he had a good bit fo drone knowledge ive shown my drone to a officer whi was interested before and all he said i like the green props haha
    October 12, 2018, 01:54:03
  • Andy7: They'll call in the flying squad on you
    October 11, 2018, 20:54:44
  • hoverfly: Don't think they would have done until they read your post... :laugh:
    October 10, 2018, 19:58:44
  • Reman: Thought for the day - If a knowledgeable police officer stopped you and saw that you had a "600mW" VTX on your quad he'll get funny about it, But would even a VERY knowledgeable officer know what they were looking at if the same VTX had a professional looking label under the heat shrink that proclaimed that the VTX was in fact a 25mW unit?  :hmm:
    October 10, 2018, 18:16:41
  • atomiclama: FrSky R9M Module and R9MM Receiver just been shipped. Yeay.... nothing flying at the mo to put it in though  ::)
    October 08, 2018, 09:43:41
  • Bajadre: i still pop on too see what you crazy guys are up too haha :)
    October 06, 2018, 06:43:09
  • atomiclama: Still here, Only just.......
    October 05, 2018, 13:41:07
  • Wyntrblue: I’m still here. Spent today whooping round the house too. It being decidedly too cold to go outside to fly now
    September 30, 2018, 19:15:16
  • ched999uk: Did the Big Fly-Up #6 happen? No one has posted anything today!!!!
    September 29, 2018, 21:25:47
  • atomiclama: Nothing to see here, move along now
    September 28, 2018, 16:09:24
  • hoverfly: Only the Moribund Flyers.. ::)...
    September 27, 2018, 19:05:46
  • Gav: anyone still alive out there
    September 27, 2018, 17:19:11

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Micro Mountain  (Read 665 times)

Offline Lamaule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 620
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
    • My YouTube Channel
Micro Mountain
« on: January 10, 2018, 22:28:17 »
Here's my second video from my recent adventure to Wales.  This flight was from the Ogwen Valley and we had a go at diving the Glyders - albeit with the micro, without telemetry, and, on loan from Jakalas!  Scary!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it...

Offline Andy7

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 769
    • The Tracker
Re: Micro Mountain
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:21:00 »
Amazing. I feel wretched just watching that sat here looking out of the window at the dark, cold damp morning and can't even drag myself out to the local field.... hate the damp weather. Need to fly.

Still, looks like I'm gonna be flying in Singapore in August so I have that to look forward to.  :wack0
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7

Offline Jakalas

• Liked: 175
  • Say what...?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:23 »
Absolutely love the use of the audio Lamaule! I have watched it 4 times now, and that gate opening in the background of the music in the beginning gives you a subconscious feeling of " ...and the adventure starts... NOW!"

Love the fact that you speeded up the run going up the rock face, especial getting it to the beat of the music. I found that the run-ups is a big cause of my video "feeling" very slow. Funny how you only can gauge the flight speed once you start coming down the mountain...well that's my story and I'm sticking with it  ::)

Your editing is evolving at warp speed, and I'm glad that I can learn from you in the process.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:01:17 by Jakalas »

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1188
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:38:10 »
Stunning scenery, The waterfall bit is superb.. I can't wait for the summer my body stops working in damp weather, at the moment it's grey sky and drizzling.  New hip is due in Feb so should be mobile by ar$e end of May.... :crossfingers:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline daich

• Liked: 60
  • crash. build.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:07 »
wow, this is great in many ways.
great editing, your persistence in flying in disagreeable weather is inspiring and the micro has come so far!

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 18:42:50 »
Amazing. I feel wretched just watching that sat here looking out of the window at the dark, cold damp morning and can't even drag myself out to the local field.... hate the damp weather. Need to fly.

Still, looks like I'm gonna be flying in Singapore in August so I have that to look forward to.  :wack0

Hey Andy.  Thanks again for the kind words.  I know what you mean about the weather, it does make it hard to get motivated.  But I often find the harder days out are more fun in hindsight.  Get yourself out there, have some fun and reward yourself with a hot chocolate when you get back in the warm.  You’ll have deserved it!

Singapore sounds amazing, just make sure you check the regulations before you go.  They are known for tight rules and laws on the whole, so god only knows how the regulate drones.  Either way, if you can fly there you should make it happen and a vlog of the trip would be great - I’m looking forward to it already!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 18:46:21 »
Absolutely love the use of the audio Lamaule! I have watched it 4 times now, and that gate opening in the background of the music in the beginning gives you a subconscious feeling of " ...and the adventure starts... NOW!"

Love the fact that you speeded up the run going up the rock face, especial getting it to the beat of the music. I found that the run-ups is a big cause of my video "feeling" very slow. Funny how you only can gauge the flight speed once you start coming down the mountain...well that's my story and I'm sticking with it  ::)

Your editing is evolving at warp speed, and I'm glad that I can learn from you in the process.

Cheers Jakalas.  Yeah, when I did it I was really pleased with the use of audio. Definitely something that will be carried forward to the next videos.

I went through a phase of doing the raw flights to force myself to develop ‘flow’, but now I’m enjoying shorter cuts and trying to keep the audience engaged.  It’s good to hear that you enjoyed it.

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 18:48:43 »
Stunning scenery, The waterfall bit is superb.. I can't wait for the summer my body stops working in damp weather, at the moment it's grey sky and drizzling.  New hip is due in Feb so should be mobile by ar$e end of May.... :crossfingers:
Thanks hoverfly.  I’m looking forward to you getting out too. I can’t wait to see some footage from your mavic! . Not too long to wait now, I always like it when we pass the winter solstice and the days start to get a bit long - it makes me feel much more positive about things!

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 18:54:38 »
wow, this is great in many ways.
great editing, your persistence in flying in disagreeable weather is inspiring and the micro has come so far!

Thanks daich, your comment really means a lot.  It’s so nice to know others enjoy sharing in the adventure.  It really keeps me motivated to keep putting the effort to get out and make more videos - thank you.

I’ve just ordered a Runcam split mini so things will be moving on again.  Losing another 6g from the build will really make a difference and I’m adding telemetry too which will enable me to push out further with more confidence.

Give it another 12 months and we’ll really be in a good place with sub 250g micros.  We just need more decent lightweight frames really.

Offline Andy7

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 769
    • The Tracker
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 20:18:15 »
Singapore sounds amazing, just make sure you check the regulations before you go.  They are known for tight rules and laws on the whole, so god only knows how the regulate drones.  Either way, if you can fly there you should make it happen and a vlog of the trip would be great - I’m looking forward to it already!

Yep, I know Singapore well,  been there many many times. The regs are interesting, flight ceiling is 200ft but that's okay. Should get some major vloggage out of that trip - just 3 weeks this time 'cos things are busy usually it's 5 weeks :)

Oh... like your motivational bit about the hot chocolate! May try to get my rebuild maidened tomorrow then.
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 20:40:17 »
Yep, I know Singapore well,  been there many many times. The regs are interesting, flight ceiling is 200ft but that's okay. Should get some major vloggage out of that trip - just 3 weeks this time 'cos things are busy usually it's 5 weeks :)

Oh... like your motivational bit about the hot chocolate! May try to get my rebuild maidened tomorrow then.
Awesome, looking forward to the vlog. Singapore will be a nice break from the British weather too.

Lol.  Ill try to keep incentivising you guys so you remain airborne!

Offline Paul01

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Liked: 313
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 08:20:04 »
Nice edit, you could do to learn the gimbal walk though
FrSky Taranis X9D Plus with TBS Crossfire Micro
FatShark Dominator V3 with RealAcc Pro Diversity
Armattan Chameleon
DJI Mavic Pro
https://www.youtube.com/c/paul01

Offline Lamaule

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 14:16:57 »
Nice edit, you could do to learn the gimbal walk though

Thanks Paul.  ha, yeah you’re right.  I have given it a go and it really works, but you do look a bit of a plonker and there were lots of people about! 🤣🤣

Offline Paul01

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 14:37:24 »
Haha, yeah definitively don't do it if anyone else has a camera
Armattan Chameleon
DJI Mavic Pro

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1188
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 14:47:44 »
I had to Google gimbal walk being somewhat dumb.
I found the following

At 1:2  i got the idea..  Last time i saw anything like that it was called "there must be a bog around here somewhere"  scuttle.. :rofl: :rofl:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline Paul01

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 18:39:01 »
At 1:2  i got the idea..  Last time i saw anything like that it was called "there must be a bog around here somewhere"  scuttle.. :rofl: :rofl:

It's definitely not something you can style out  :laugh:
Armattan Chameleon
DJI Mavic Pro