User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

MultiRotorUK ShoutBox

Refresh History
  • hoverfly: beararsedcheek... :laugh:
    September 18, 2018, 18:42:15
  • Bad Raven: or bearreft, or bear left?
    September 17, 2018, 14:21:16
  • Bad Raven: or isnotherebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:30
  • Bad Raven: more like doesnotcarebear
    September 17, 2018, 14:20:07
  • Gav: carebear?
    September 17, 2018, 11:37:44
  • atomiclama: you there bear??
    September 15, 2018, 11:42:45
  • Reman: Got stuck in traffic yesterday. After an hour I started using my phone (And an OTG cable) to look through the media files on a keyring of my old USB sticks. Found one that had the entire run of "Firefly" on it. I got through 3 episodes before the traffic started moving again....... God, That really was an amazing show.
    September 14, 2018, 19:52:46
  • Gav: ok dude
    September 08, 2018, 16:40:59
  • mo_miah: Gav- if its a camera ship then TBS crossfire is definitely what you need, the FrSky has limited channels and telemetry options, TBS crossfire has much better features and more channels to control camera gimbals etc
    September 07, 2018, 11:53:01
  • Gav: mo miah - wanna swap from immertionRC UHF and try something else on my camera Ship.
    September 07, 2018, 11:25:40
  • DarkButterfly: My laminate arrived, the rebuild is coming along ~~
    September 06, 2018, 20:00:44
  • hoverfly: I coated a couple of Slipstreams  a few years ago  It stiffened up the wing nicely .On the down side although it prevented dings when i had an high speed"arrival" it left the resin cracked. and the glass lifted slightly.  Well stuck laminate stiffens the wing and is flexible..
    September 06, 2018, 18:26:13
  • DarkButterfly: I'm doing laminate, just put my order in for some, also got some balsa wood for the side parts, had to use a kitchen knife to seperate the foam from the busted wood
    September 05, 2018, 13:21:11
  • atomiclama: Thanks, can't decide on fibre glass or laminate. Like the idea of fibre for some reason, don't know why.
    September 05, 2018, 10:45:48
  • Bad Raven: Usng PolyC, yes
    September 05, 2018, 10:13:54
  • atomiclama: Anyone fibre glass coat their wings??
    September 05, 2018, 09:30:22
  • atomiclama: @DB well you obviously need a bigger motor and ESC, as flying slower is just not possible.  ::)
    September 05, 2018, 09:29:59
  • DarkButterfly: ~~
    September 05, 2018, 09:10:18
  • hoverfly: If you put a couple of coats of Eze Kote on the wing before the laminate it sticks really well ..no lifting.. :smiley:
    September 05, 2018, 08:47:37
  • DarkButterfly: If it makes you feel better, I’m going to completely refurbish my falcon Evo with new balsa sides and new laminate ~~
    September 04, 2018, 21:42:53

Who's Online

Theme Selection

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Banggood - not shipping lipos anymore?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline ched999uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 628
Banggood - not shipping lipos anymore?
« on: January 10, 2018, 17:24:27 »
Just thought I would order a couple more lipos from Banggood as my Infinity 4S 14.8V 1500mAh 70C are proving to be quite good. But they are out of stock which they frequently are but they are now saying that they cant ship to me  :cry

Anyone know if Banggood will sort this out or will I have to hunt for an alternative supplier?

Offline Bad Raven

• Liked: 623
Re: Banggood - not shipping lipos anymore?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 21:16:33 »
They last week notified that an order heading to me had been returned under LiPo restriction so Yes they appear to be in problems currently.

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 21:35:01 »
IMO don't hold your breath, they have had to vary intermediate destination a few times in the last year, and I suspect there may not be many routes left open at affordable cost to them.

My problems is that they are selling micro batteries for the kids club E010s etc that are not available in shape/capacity/connector combination elsewhere to my knowledge, and that is a real issue. I have several kids waiting now for 5 packs.

At least the batteries you require are widely available at least in type/format/connector.

Offline Gavster29

• Liked: 46
  • Tricopter, one prop short of a Quadcopter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 22:46:50 »
There is another option for the E010, solder on a JST PH2.0 connector on a fly lead and use the whoop batteries, you will also need a foam pad, I got all mine from Amazon

Some of the Whoop batteries come with JST Micro so either replace the connectors or just find the ones with the upgraded version

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 23:00:55 »
Bad Raven have you tried Aliexpress? Not as reliable as Banggood more like ebay but seems like they are still shipping lipos

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:32:12 »
There is another option for the E010, solder on a JST PH2.0 connector on a fly lead and use the whoop batteries, you will also need a foam pad, I got all mine from Amazon

Yes, am aware of this option, but while practical for individuals, I'm dealing with 30 kids who all have their own quads and USB chargers, and herding cats in those numbers isn't simple!!!!

BTW if I was doing that I'd go the "walkera used" flat type connector which is more robust with really decent sized flat pins and offers immediate access to 260mAh flat batteries that better fit the battery bay as is.

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:50:14 »
Just received this overnight on another Banggood battery order:-

"Dear customer,

Thank you for placing an order with us.

Due to some uncontrollable reasons, your order has been returned .

Would you like to be issued a full refund of this order?

If we don't receive a reply from you within 3 days, we will cancel this order and issue a full refund to you .

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Looking forward to hearing from you, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time."

Surmising from their point of view, batteries cannot be a massive part of their operation, and we don't know how widespread this problem is.  If they have it worldwide they may take more effort to overcome it. 

The "answer" is for them to ship in bulk by sea and distribute locally, but that means greater investment in a changing market and for logistics a greater investment.

Also, to do that legally in the UK requires a courier delivery as RM has a no LiPo policy, and that in turn means courier costs!  Maybe "Click and Collect" escapes?  About a year ago I had a UK based EBay LiPO purchase seized on way to me, twice, they are obviously still tightening the net.  A couple of recent LiPO orders from Banggood came through listed on Customs as "Charger" so they seem (allegedly!) to have been "trying hard" to continue as was for a while.

The REAL issue is what if this extends into product with battery or batteries included?

In my specific case I'm ordering ten LiPo A MONTH minimum in various sizes, some not UK common.

Expect UK price rises as the sellers realise that the purchase options are reducing!!

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 08:15:10 »
Bad Raven have you tried Aliexpress? Not as reliable as Banggood more like ebay but seems like they are still shipping lipos

Just gone there, joined, put three differing in stock items in logged in account Cart (None LiPo for a test).

Cart showed zero items, went to look in "empty" Cart anyway, Cart had ONE of the three in it.

:banghead: :banghead:

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 15:48:30 »
Well, the problem has spread now, with Quad packages that include even a single LiPo being listed as "unable to send to your country".

So, just as I start to develop a one-design Quad group in my after school club using E010 (and the other models of the same size), it all goes unable to purchase.  :banghead:

I have kids who bought quads (or were bought quads for Christmas) not able to get battery packs and having orders refunded, and others who now have had their Quad order stalled or refunded.   :thumbdown:

:angry: :angry:

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 16:00:00 »
That is sad but if it is effecting more than just battery sales then BangGood may do something about it.
Hopefully you can find another source to keep the kids happy.

Offline Elmattbo

• Liked: 332
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 23:20:04 »
Hate to say this guys but banggood have had this coming. They ship lipo’s unlabelled which is bloody dangerous for anybody who handles the packages on the way to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gavster29

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 10:34:18 »
That is a little worrying, I ordered an E010 last week when they were on for £9.84, it is showing shipped, I will let you know if it turns up!

Offline Gavster29

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 18:52:06 »
It turned up today battered but working

Offline MKPSG12

• Liked: 2
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 12:38:08 »
Wow that looks like it was used as the football for the inter-courier workers world cup!

Offline ched999uk

Re: Banggood - not shipping lipos anymore? YES THEY ARE!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 17:58:05 »
Looks like BangGood are shipping Lipos to UK again  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Bad Raven - these might be for you? 5PCS Eachine E010 E010C E011 E011C E013 3.7V 260MAH 45C Lipo + Charger

Offline Bad Raven

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 18:23:55 »
Thanks, found out this morning but didn't have tome to come here.... did do an order though!!!   :whistling:

Have you seen the "Whoover"?   I'll put a post up for it.

Offline ched999uk

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 20:15:43 »
Thanks, found out this morning but didn't have tome to come here.... did do an order though!!!   :whistling:

Have you seen the "Whoover"?   I'll put a post up for it.
Sounds interesting

Offline Hozza

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Liked: 274
  • Meh!
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 13:22:40 »
Be careful ordering lipos from BG:

I ordered these https://www.banggood.com/Infinity-4S-14_8V-1500mAh-70C-Graphene-LiPo-Battery-XT60-Support-15C-Boosting-Charge-For-Racer-Drone-p-1058084.html

Only one in each order because the shipping wouldn't allow anything else, so happy days I thought. Then today I get the following email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your order.

We checked that the item in this order has been returned because the address on the order is unavailable or the shipping company could not contact you.

We would like to give you the refund but decut the shipping fee and 10% of the price of the product.

Your early reply will be deeply appreciated.

Best regards,

Eada

It's safe to say I'm unimpressed :angry:

Offline hoverfly

• Liked: 1182
  • Quads, lots of quads
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 13:48:40 »
Be careful ordering lipos from BG:

I ordered these https://www.banggood.com/Infinity-4S-14_8V-1500mAh-70C-Graphene-LiPo-Battery-XT60-Support-15C-Boosting-Charge-For-Racer-Drone-p-1058084.html

Only one in each order because the shipping wouldn't allow anything else, so happy days I thought. Then today I get the following email.

It's safe to say I'm unimpressed :angry:

Dear Hozza we have made a f/up do you mind paying for it. The cheek of some people. I would ask for a full refund and a few quid compensation for the hassle. :hmm:
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Offline Gavster29

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 14:46:14 »
I had an issue with a LiPo returned but they didn't ask me to pay anything, just got a full refund!

Offline Hozza

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Liked: 274
  • Meh!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 16:28:00 »
Oh I've sent them a very civilized email, saying I've spent a few thousand $ with them and they will lose my custom if I don't get a full refund.

Offline betty

• Liked: 4
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 06:35:14 »
You will other choices.  :laugh: