Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 11:36:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Blade Inductrix FPV+

Started by Bad Raven, Saturday,December 30, 2017, 21:20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

No, not the Blade Inductrix, the Blade Inductrix Pro, or the Blade Inductrix FPV, nor the Blade Inductrix FPV Pro, but the Blade Inductrix FPV+.

Ye Gods..........................  :rolleyes:

This is "the red one", red canopy and props, OK??  :azn

Is there room for yet another Inductrix?  Well, after a few flights after getting one today, I'd have to say yes.

So what is different about this one?

Well, firstly its larger.
It has larger motors.
The frame is more cross supported.
It has three flight modes, the "new toy" setting being a mode that helps to maintain ALTITUDE while learning.
It has a bright rear LED that by default indicates the flight mode Green/Blue/Red, but can be set to one of five colours as a means to identify it when flying LOS with others, or who has passed you in FPV "racing", etc.

And finally................ it has "Meiow Mode".  If the quad is grounded upside down, it can usually be righted by de-arming and re-arming, when a violent short burst of power to two props will flip it back (usually!).

The battery is now the same type of flat n wide format with larger connector size as per the mCPX helicopter, and sits edge on in the frame to avoid blocking the ducts.

It's actually 500mAh against the mCPX 300mAh, but I have been flying the 300 size this evening and it has advantages of lightness for even better agility, yet still gives decent duration. It has one disadvantage though, in that Meiow Mode when the battery charge is full with the lighter weight can over flip it.

So far I'm quite impressed (as perhaps anyone ought to be at its UK price point!!)  It's nicely stable and beginners will love it, esp FPV beginners.

Me?  Well I like my RC models nervous, but setting the Tx rates to max available makes it a really good "groovy" machine that flatters your piloting skills nicely.

More later once its had a trip outside and to a sports hall through the Hula Hoops!

hoverfly

Oh no, i don't need another quad... :cry :cry
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

Bad Raven

Well, so far outside flying has been off the menu unless I want it disappearing off to go swimming across Europe, and my normal Indoor meets this week were off due Bank Hol (Mon, which we knew) and tonight (Tue, when we got let down as nobody arrived to unlock, so had wasted journey).

Might get a flight or two in a big area at school on Thurs after the boys car racing...................  but have been flying around the house FPV today on the 300's, and provided you resist the temptation to stick the nose down and go for it, when its actually quickly too fast for the space, it manages very well. Seems a little more prone than the std Inductrix to getting sucked against walls etc so concentration required to slot the middle of door frames, etc.  No bad thing.

Got some "high power"  but same weight packs coming from Drone Junkie tomorrow...............

The video works well for a legal 25mW max too, perfectly adequate picture even through two solid brick walls or upstairs through a floor and two walls. Like all HH product though, its NTSC only, so a self seeking VRX like mine on my headsets that can auto sense NTSC/PAL is best, unlike my expensive Black Pearl screen which is not only manual but has a stupid awkward menu system to change it. (When you kick it into submission it works OK, its just SO unfriendly to use!!)

Bad Raven

OK, the batteries from Drone Junkie arrived today.

Up till now I only had the single battery supplied with the quad, an EFlite 1S 500mAh 25C, and some 6 month old Nano-Tech intended (and bought) for the mCPX Helicopter, 1S 300mAh 45-90C.

The new batteries are MyLipo.de 1S 600mAh 25-50C.

Have just flown one of these, mostly circuits, few piros and a little hovering, until the LEDs started to flash end of charge warning (though quad still flying normally).

It managed 7 Mins 15 Seconds, with as near as makes no difference the same punch at the end as at the start.

MUCH better than the original Inductrix loaded with camera, vtx, etc, even with the 260mAh  35-70C flat format Nanotech I have been using..

Saleem

Sounds like your having loadsa fun!
:rolleyes:

Bad Raven

Saleem

i like reading stuff like this.
:smiley:

Bad Raven

Then you'll like today's edition.   :azn

There was I this morning, happily flying it around FPV in our hired sports hall, when unbeknownst to me an ex-friend decided to give me a race with his 130S Helicopter, and ran it straight into the rear of the quad.

First I knew was a loud thump, when it instantly did several flips ending on the ground upside down.

Removing my goggles to see red faced ex-friend going over to pick up his Heli............ he indicated I wasn't going fast enough.

I nonchalantly used Meow Mode to flip it back, and flew it a full circuit and back to me, to find the rear right duct decimated with a large section missing, cross bars sheared and missing and a motor dangling around on two adjacent remaining bars.   :o

(and yet it still flew, nicely stable)

Back home I managed to locate a spare frame in the UK, and in theory its on its way to me next day.  Hopefully in time for me to fit it before this week's indoor "two" tomorrow night.

Sadly ex-friend isn't going............and I'd planned to take one of my hottest motored largest bladed 500's to "race" his 130S..............   :evil :evil

Bad Raven

So, the frame (from Wheelspin Models) arrived in time for the Indoor last Tues evening, and the Quad flew well.

Today (ANOTHER Grotty day here, wet and windy) so Indoor, and some hall thrashing ensued.

Have been able today to do comparative running with the following:-

Eachine QX100
King Kong Tiny7
Martian Brushless

I still favour the Martian Brushless (my build, and after a lot of tuning) but its a very close run thing, The FPV+ grooves better when in stabilisation mode, the Martian is better in Acro.

The Tiny7 is noticeably lighter and less "on rails" than either of the others, feels better in smaller spaces like Home use. The Tiny7 gives a better FPV image and image quality stands up better through walls.

Overall the FPV+ is good, but is it £155 good?   MMMMMMaybe!   ;)

ched

It's great to read a proper comparison from someone who is unbiased. Thanks.
Looking forward to my Tiny7 arriving.
I try :-)

Bad Raven

Update

Indoor last night, due to some strange and surely unpopular sporting event the sports centre was deserted.  :whistling:

"Our" hall had faulty lighting, so lucky it was deserted, as we could use the much bigger hall.

Flew my 130X and 130S Heli's, then on to the FPV+. (I'm the only one with FPV on, I checked)

Took off, moved slowly forward, the camera went from clean image to black and white, then noise. Centered right stick and lowered throttle.  Light impact noise of quad landing, well away from walls or any obstruction.

Went over to inverted quad.  Two props off (MMW extra grip ones), broken 3D print motor support, one duct smashed. Hardly cold, so frame should have been at most resilient.

WTF, it was only a couple of feet high and only crawling slowly forwards before the blinding..............   :banghead: :banghead:

I have a spare Tiny 7 frame, so I'm going to see if I can transfer the rest over.

NOT actually worth the money then!!