Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 27, 2024, 04:23:11

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Arducopter failsafe

Started by 6705russell, Saturday,December 30, 2017, 16:38:45

Previous topic - Next topic

6705russell

Hi all
Just completing one of my builds (Trooper 850) and for some reason I cannot get the failsafe to work on Ardupilot, does the failsafe need to be set on the transmitter beforehand?  I thought not as the software did it instead?

Any help appreciated..

hoverfly

The failsafes are set in the software, both battery and  throttle (loss of radio contact).. It also depends on your receiver, you need one that reverts to the settings that were present when it is bound.
After you have done radio calibration in mission planner  note  the low throttle level then  re trim below this level and rebind the receiver, after which return low throttle to where it was when you did radio calibration.
Insure the failsafe setting in mission planner is just above the second low setting.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/radio-failsafe.html
Reptile folder , alien 500 , F/ Shark Attitudes,
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...
Massive over draught.....

6705russell

Thanks, I am sure I have done this many times? I need to try again, must be missing something simple...
My lowest throttle point is 1000, my failsafe pwm is 975 but when I switch transmitter off nothing happens.

hoverfly

Try taking the pwm below 975,  the pwm in the mission planner must be just above this .Remember to save the setting.. :smiley:
 .Tarot 650, Air-rio Kinetic.. DX9  Various wings and planks.. Taranis x9D+..Mavic..Armattan.. Chameleion...

6705russell

How do you mean, save the setting? I thought it self saved as such?  Is this where my mistake is perhaps?

Thanks again for the assistance..

hoverfly

On some windows the settings will be saved automatically, others you have to hit the button.
Keep at it,.  One thing to check is if your receiver allows  failsafe some don't.. :hmm:

6705russell

Ok sorted it thanks, needed to adjust my end point to 110% and then set the failsafe...

There is just one more thing I need to verify before the maiden flight, when calibrating the compass via mission planner how do you know it is fully calibrated? I have rotated the quad in all directions as described but I was expecting some kind of acknowledgment to say it was calibrated?

hoverfly

When calibrating the compass you will see a sphere on the mission planner ,this will have white dots on it as the a/c is rotated they will be deleted as it goes past that position, when the all or most have gone it should be good. There is an auto accept button on that screen  that will stop calibration when enough points have been recorded. I always turned it off so as together a better register.
If you have the 3d radio units is easier to do the  rotation as there is no USB lead to get tangled.
Don't forget to set a short flight radius and low ceiling for maiden flight, just in case.. :beer2:

6705russell

Thanks Hoverfly, yes I have done this but I was sort of asking if there was a part of the set up that confirms compass calibration every time you connect, just in case it has lost its calibration somehow?

hoverfly

In mission planner  you can select preflight checks, G.P.S. sat number minimum, (mine are set for six) compass, battery level,   when the checks are complete and sat lock is ok you get a solid blue light and the a/c can be armed.

If you can check with a mag compass that the mission planner compass is pointing in the same direction.
The calibration should be good as long as you don't move the G.P.S puck.

6705russell

Thanks

Found the checklist,
Verify gps is greater than 3
sat count is 8 (inside the house)
Telemetry signal is 100%
Battery voltage is 0v?  Battery is showing 15.4v on my meter but showing 0v on the checklist on mission planner, any ideas?

Blue led is lit though....

hoverfly

Battery  fail safe is set via mission planner , as I remember on same screen as radio . You must be using power brick /board to monitor voltage.
With some power supplies the voltage wiil not be accurate in the m/planner and there is a box to adjust the ratio of measured to display.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/failsafe-landing-page.html