Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 20:41:43

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

RunCam Split 2

Started by Icefever, Saturday,December 02, 2017, 16:53:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icefever

I'm now ready to buy a cam for the 350 that I'm building, I've looked at Unmanned Tech for the Runcam split 2 here... https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/runcam-split-2-hd/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk-XapcLr1wIVQjobCh2RSwUeEAkYAyABEgL0qvD_BwE 

I'm also thinking using a Tramp HV â€" 5.8GHz Video Transmitter V2,  but I'm stumped on which Antenna.....ideas please guys.

With all the beautiful things in the world,  only man could invent boredom.

Two-Six

Gav (from on here) made my two antenna for me.  They seem to work well and are still going strong.  Dunno if he is still making them.  Does your Video Receiver have two antenna connectors or "diversity"?  People often get a directional and a Omni-directional antenna on their VRX.

I think most people used "skewed-planar" antennas and the thing about them is that they are polarised to use either right-handed or left handed polarisation.  The two aren't compatible, you either get left or right handed ones.

Apart from that I can't recommend any other antenna but I understand that some are rubbish and some aren't.....

I think the Runcam2 splits look pretty cool but I am not sure how well they work in practice.

I have been out and about with my Runcam2 this week and its worked *almost* faultlessly recording many cycle trips into and around town. 

One thing I have noticed, it get swamped by lots of Wi-Fi signals in the area and can glitch out with disconnections, low battery warnings, full and unformatted SD card warnings randomly.  All these dire warnings are untrue and either turning off and on again or operating the camera manually work OK....

I think this is why I have been having issues at the fly ups...too much radio noise around...
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Harlem

Michael Navigator

Hello,

here's a short check of the RunCam Split V2

https://youtu.be/w474_h5tQ3w

Feedback welcome

Andy7

I've heard some pretty terrible things about he RC split from Steele Davis and a couple of others. They had problems with it freezing up mid-flight.

Two-Six are you sending the vid back to the ground via Wifi or do you send it out to a normal TX? I recall you using a phone at the fly-up to fly? Guessing the range on that won't be brilliant.
ZMR200 | EMAX 2206 2300kv | XSRF4PO(BF) | FatShark Dom V3 | Spedix ES25 | 4S 1300mAh | 5045x3 PC HQ Props | FrSky QX7.
Hubsan X4 107 V2
YouTube: [url="//www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7"]www.youtube.com/user/AndySevern7[/url]

Two-Six

I was connecting via wi-fi to my iphone and the runcam app and it kept disconnecting almost immediately.  The video to my FPV gogs was via the conventional 5.8 Ghz link. The frequent disconnections meant that I didn't manage to get much video as the camera stopped recording...However I have since been out with the camera and even if the app and wi-fi are disconnected the camera should keep recording and it does seem to.

However I think from now on I will just use the app to format the sd card, configure the camera and start and stop time lapse and slo-mo modes.  When it comes to recording my flights I will just start and stop the camera manually using the buttons on it.  I just don't trust the app and wi-fi link yet.  It has let me down to many times when I really needed it to work.

I do think the wi-fi connection gets unstable and disconnected when there is a lot of wi-fi noise near it.  This can cause the camera to glitch out and report a full sd card, an un formatted sd card, low battery...all sorts of nonsense....

I still need use it more to get my confidence levels up with it.
Nighthawk Pro, Trex 450 L Dominator 6 cell *FLOWN*, Blade 450-3D, MCPX-BL, MCPX-V2, Hubsan X4, Seagull Boomerang IC .40 trainer, HK Bixler, AXN Clouds fly,, Spektrum DX7, Taranis, AccuRC

Biffa

Steve