Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 20:29:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Deadpool or Hypetrain?

Started by sh0wtime, Monday,October 02, 2017, 18:03:50

Previous topic - Next topic

sh0wtime

Hmmmm. Deadpool or HypeTrains  :hmm:

i bought some Deadpools for my SCX200 Redback build & obviously colour wise this was a good choice.
i like the look of them & by all accounts they get the job done.
Then i saw the closeups of the HypeTrain motors & i';m like Wow  :o
they make the windings of the deadpools like like the fumblings of the saturday boy.
the Hyptrains are just so neatly wound & from the pics just look so well made (i';ll find out for sure as i should see my set tomorrow  :wack0)
i would guess performance would be almost identical given the specs are the same (which as a noob won';t make any difference to me at all  :whistling:)
maybe i';ll end up just gazing at them :rolleyes:
maybe i';m mad? i dunno. i just really like stuff that looks like a bit of thought & effort has gone into both the design & manufacture  :cool:

i wonder what the ultimate frame is right now for quality of design & manufacturing process, maybe i need to do another build  :rolleyes: :wack0 :laugh:
In for a penny, In for a Grand!

AmiSMB

The Hypertrain reminds me of the old Gnome aircraft engine:-

That is a thing of beauty as is the Hypertrain brushless motor. I think I would do another build using those!
Diatone GT R-349
Snapper 7
BoltRC Kraken 2206 2350kv
KC250 RS2205 2300kv SPF3 DAL 5 x 4.5 BN
EMAX MT2204 2300kv SPF3 DAL 5 x 4.5 BN
Gravity 250 DYS 1806 2300kv SPF3 DAL 5 x 4.5BN

Controlled by FrSky Taranis

sh0wtime

Quote from: AmiSMB on Tuesday,October 03, 2017, 10:00:59
The Hypertrain reminds me of the old Gnome aircraft engine:-
That is a thing of beauty as is the Hypertrain brushless motor. I think I would do another build using those!

I BLAME YOU FRIBBERS

i';ve done a load of money on these things already, another build will be number 5  :wack0

and thats not including the Mavic  :whistling:

Cheredanine

Hypetrain performance is almost idenitcal to steel.
They are very specific motors designed to suit a style of flying

The returner r5 are similar in the arse they aim for, although there are some 2206 in blue which are different on their way out.

If you cut out the hype and razzmatazz the returners have a slightly broader coverage in flight style and despite your observations on the windings the returner ones I have are spectacular.  The smoothest 5 inch quad I have uses them (although blheli32 running 48khz makes most motors feel smooth)

So all the "ooh"factor aside, I would suggest the returners.

sh0wtime

Quote from: sh0wtime on Tuesday,October 03, 2017, 11:16:08
I BLAME YOU FRIBBERS

i';ve done a load of money on these things already, another build will be number 5  :wack0

and thats not including the Mavic  :whistling:

actually looking at the new list in my sig another build will be number 6  :rolleyes:

AmiSMB

Quote from: sh0wtime on Tuesday,October 03, 2017, 16:31:18
actually looking at the new list in my sig another build will be number 6  :rolleyes:

That means you have more quads than me! I did not spend your money you did! Glad you are having fun though that is the most important bit :) If you need anything 3D printed just ask.
Diatone GT R-349
Snapper 7

Cheredanine

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,October 03, 2017, 11:57:24

The returner r5 are similar in the style they aim for, although there are some 2206 in blue which are different on their way out.

If you cut out the hype and razzmatazz the returners have a slightly broader coverage in flight style and despite your observations on the windings the returner ones I have are spectacular.  The smoothest 5 inch quad I have uses them (although blheli32 running 48khz makes most motors feel smooth)

AmiSMB

Quote from: Cheredanine on Tuesday,October 03, 2017, 11:57:24

The returner r5 are similar in the arse they aim for, although there are some 2206 in blue which are different on their way out.

I have had my eye on some of the Returner R5 but they were not in stock when I made an order a while ago. I may have to replace some tired EMAX 2205 with some of these :)
Diatone GT R-349
Snapper 7

sh0wtime

I have to say the Returners do look pretty awesome especially in the deadpool scheme.
my redback should be a nice build :)

Elmattbo

I've been making a similar comparison for my next set of motors. I was looking for a freestyle motor and was comparing Steele, returner r5 and f40iii. I went for the f40iii after reading a few reviews as it's mid range response I want rather than all out top end. Not that they don't all do that, it's just I was weary of the the slightly higher rated kv on the R5 and the durability of the Steele. Also the Steele ones are like rocking horse poop at the moment!

To be fair they're all fairly similar and I think they'll all perform well regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

Cheredanine

Odd choice mate, the f40iii are an economy versions of f40 pros which are just blindingly good motors, I would say though f40s are more pointed at top end speed than the returner r5 whose speed version (the blue ones) will be out shortly

Elmattbo

Yeah I have a friend who is running f40 pro's and he loves them but they are battery killers. I've read few mixed reviews about quality for the r5's which put me off them a little and Ryan from mqtb seemed happy with the f40iii so I thought they were worth a punt. Like I said earlier, regardless of which I chose I'm sure they'll be good fun once they're running.

So why do you think they're an odd choice?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw"]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKM05Pl2P83gaE9EEVfFvw[/url]

Cheredanine

Don't get me wrong mate, f40 pro and iiii and r5s are all good motors and excellent choices ( I disagree a little with the f40 being lipo killers, why will become clear)

In my experiance f40s are more suited to Top end speed and f5s more suited to acro.  Would say he performance is close enough for me not to tell much difference and preference would depend on mood rather than what I want to fly, the f40s have slightly higher top speed though, and of course if you fly up there, then you drain the lipo more.

My high kv f60 pro or efaw are bigger lipo killers. The "odd choice"statement was about the choice for the purpose and I suppose is really based on if I wanted mid to low torque I would take the f5s rather than the f40s, but either would be grand :)

Elmattbo

Ah ok. I also wanted to keep the kv down nearer 2300 because I suspect much above that is where the Lipo killing occurs (f40iii are more like 2300 on the bench apparently). Your last paragraph seems to support that!

I did nearly get the r5 but it was the reliability reports that concerned me a little.

Cheredanine

Not aware of any reliability issues with r5s mate, the returners and f40(pro) are both up there as contenders for my favourite motors, they both have enough grunt to kill lipos if you live in the top part of the throttle and you can't really go wrong with either, I am sure you will not have comolaints