Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,May 10, 2024, 19:11:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
02 May 2024 08:07:52
Who are most people ??? I think the person you are referring to has put in a lot of effort to keep things moving  :rolleyes:
hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Members
  • Total Members: 8,197
  • Latest: bluebat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,428
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Help

Started by p1lts, Friday,April 19, 2013, 16:48:11

Previous topic - Next topic

p1lts

Given up on my CRIUS and ordered a NAZA.

Just reading the manual in anticiaption of delivery and I though Id do some "prep".

Ive come across this:-

ยท If you use 3rd party ESCs, please make sure the ESCs travel midpoint is at 1520us. DO NOT use 700us travel midpoint ESC, as it may lead aircraft to fly away or cause injury and damage. After connect ESCs to motors, calibrate all your ESCs one by one through the receiver directly before connect them to your MC, Make sure program all of them into Governor off, Break off and Normal Start up to get best experience

Im using RCtimer 30A ESC';s.

How do I ensure that I my ESC';s are OK? Also never cal';d an ESC in my life. Any help appreciated.
F550, Naza-M GPS, Fatshark Attitudes, GoPro Hd2 & HD3 black, TBS EzOSD

Jumpy07

Do these have SimonK software ?.. think most Rctimer 30a ESC';s do...   in which case no need to program.. all you need to do is calibrate each ESC one at a time plugged into throttle channel of radio.

With the propellers removed... set to full throttle, power up the ESC and wait for a single beep after the typical rising initialization beeps. This indicates the high pulse length has been saved to RAM. Move the stick  to the lowest setting, and wait for two beeps. This indicates that the low pulse length has been saved to RAM.
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

p1lts

So if I was using them with the CRIUS board, they are already like to be correct. yes?

Also, what does this bit mean and how do I check?
please make sure the ESCs travel midpoint is at 1520us. DO NOT use 700us travel midpoint ES

Sorry for the numpty questions

Jumpy07

Quote from: p1lts on Friday,April 19, 2013, 17:28:27
So if I was using them with the CRIUS board, they are already like to be correct. yes?

Also, what does this bit mean and how do I check?
please make sure the ESCs travel midpoint is at 1520us. DO NOT use 700us travel midpoint ES

Sorry for the numpty questions

Nope you would have had to do this with the Crius.. only ESC';s that don';t tend to need calibrated are the DJI Opto ESC';s.
The midpoint thing you can ignore..   all ESC';s have  a PWM range...  this is what this refers to..  Naza doesent like some ESC';s that have odd ranges or mid points.
BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

p1lts

Quote from: Jumpy07 on Friday,April 19, 2013, 17:45:12

Nope you would have had to do this with the Crius.. only ESC';s that don';t tend to need calibrated are the DJI Opto ESC';s.
The midpoint thing you can ignore..   all ESC';s have  a PWM range...  this is what this refers to..  Naza doesent like some ESC';s that have odd ranges or mid points.

How do I check what my ESC mid-points are? Am I worrying about nothing?

peter_a

QuoteHow do I check what my ESC mid-points are? Am I worrying about nothing?

Yep you are worrying about nothing !!!!

if it`s standard gear it`s round 1000us to 2000us , so mid point must be around 1500us .
if you had megapirate / mission planner and radio cal up that would show you .

Gaza07

If your esc';s are yellow they are not simonK versions but if they are orange then they are flashed with simonk  ~~

[attach=1]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

p1lts

Yep, they are Orange so Simok then. Ive done the cal as suggested so no worries there. It was just this "mid-point" business that confused me.

I cant check in MP as Ive despatched the CRIUS back to where it came from (nuff said)

I';ll stop worrying about it.